z

Young Writers Society



The Inkheart Seris

by GoldenQuill


HEY! I'm just looking for a few people who've read Inkheart, and what you thought of it. I, personally, adored the book, but hey; that's just me. I can't seem to find people anywhere else who've read Inkheart... so yeah! Just post here if you've read it or thinking of reading it. I can totally convince you. ^.^


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 1648
Reviews: 27

Donate
Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:23 pm
Starhunter wrote a review...



Loved this series, but the first one is probably my favorite. :) The others... well, it definetly gets worse before it gets better for the characters.
I liked how there were SO MANY characters and Funke didn't skimp on any of them. Like Violante- she was great. I just loved how characters who were kind of minor still played big roles. And there were so many characters!
But Dustfinger is my favorite. He's just awesome.

Please, everyone, don't watch the movie if you haven't yet. Don't talk about it. Deny its existence!!!! The only thing it KINDA did right was Dustfinger and Capricorn. Kinda a little bit sorta not really. And that part at the end, when Dustfinger goes back and is greeted by his LOVING wife and TWO daughters... oh yeah, that's accurate.

Sorry for the rant- couldn't help it.




Random avatar

Points: 1209
Reviews: 15

Donate
Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:06 am
hopeispeace says...



Well, I feel like a buzkill . . . I hated Inkheart . . .




User avatar
31 Reviews


Points: 1838
Reviews: 31

Donate
Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:34 pm
kjr5horses wrote a review...



tigershark17 wrote:I saw the movie and hated it. How's the book in comparison?


The movie sucked.....

The books are AMAZING! And different from the movie! The movie ruined the story and the characters! Read the books they are great!




User avatar
72 Reviews


Points: 3376
Reviews: 72

Donate
Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:54 pm
tigershark17 says...



I saw the movie and hated it. How's the book in comparison?




User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 13

Donate
Wed May 18, 2011 12:01 pm
skermitz wrote a review...



He creates his characters wonderfully and makes the book seem to come alive!!

Sorry, but Cornelia Funke is a woman...
haha... But I also thought that Harper Lee was a man so... I know the feeling :D




User avatar
43 Reviews


Points: 629
Reviews: 43

Donate
Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:14 pm
AlyKat says...



I flipping love it!!!! He creates his characters wonderfully and makes the book seem to come alive!! Dustfinger is the best character of course =)



He also creates the problems and conflicts so amazingly!!!




User avatar
106 Reviews


Points: 3649
Reviews: 106

Donate
Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:03 am
IgnisandGlacialis wrote a review...



YAYYY!!! Some other people besides me who've read and love the Inkheart series!
I personally thought that all three books were really original, engaging and amazing - I love them all. They're sitting in their very own spot on my Favourite Books Shelf: I need to read them again, and soon!




User avatar
70 Reviews


Points: 3589
Reviews: 70

Donate
Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:14 am
Shadowhunter14 says...



Yup GoldenQuill! I have read Inkspell and I think it's awesome :P




User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 13

Donate
Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:19 pm
skermitz wrote a review...



...And another lover...
But I had the rare advantage of reading them in their original language German! ( I'm Swiss you see...)
The whole book series is AMAZING of course, but I liked the first two better than the third.
Go Staubfinger und Farid!
(Staubfinger is Dustfingers real name :D )




User avatar
144 Reviews


Points: 11482
Reviews: 144

Donate
Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:20 am
GoldenQuill says...



Shadowhunter14 wrote:I thought that Inkheart was a really cool and original idea! I haven't read Inkdeath yet, but I'll get around to it I'm sure!
Is it good? XD


YES. I loved Inkdeath a lot. It's very original and interesting. Have you read Inkspell?




User avatar
70 Reviews


Points: 3589
Reviews: 70

Donate
Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 pm
Shadowhunter14 says...



I thought that Inkheart was a really cool and original idea! I haven't read Inkdeath yet, but I'll get around to it I'm sure!
Is it good? XD




User avatar
106 Reviews


Points: 3649
Reviews: 106

Donate
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:30 am
IgnisandGlacialis wrote a review...



I agree with everyone who loved them!
I really enjoyed these books. I am not as obsessed with them as I am with Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, but I can still rant about them if I want to. Don't get me started.
Just one thing though - I think they spoiled its reputation with the movie. It was absolutely terrible. All who agree say 'Aye!'
And I agree about Meggie ditching Farid. It seemed kind of mean, and, I don't know ... she and whats-is-name the other guy just didn't seem to fit. Farid and Meggie, though ... THEY WERE PERFECT!!! *sobs*
I bet Farid felt rotten.




User avatar
57 Reviews


Points: 5339
Reviews: 57

Donate
Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:04 pm
Junglelover wrote a review...



InkHeart trilogy is awesome!

I was so mad that Meggie went for Daria instead of Farid! I mean, come on! Farid can play with fire! He is so much more epic than boring old Daria.



I was too!Dumb Meggie! They were like the perfect couple.




User avatar
144 Reviews


Points: 11482
Reviews: 144

Donate
Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:09 pm
GoldenQuill says...



.: Spoiler Alert to Those Who Haven't Read Inkdeath:.

I liked how the kid saved the ending especially. It was very unexpected. That's exactly why Funke did it.
It was just amazing, I really enjoyed it.




User avatar
93 Reviews


Points: 8009
Reviews: 93

Donate
Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:33 am
MagnusBane wrote a review...



I was so mad that Meggie went for Daria instead of Farid! I mean, come on! Farid can play with fire! He is so much more epic than boring old Daria.


And

*spoiler alert*


I was really impressed with the ending to Inkdeath. Me and my friend read it at the same time, and neither of us could figure out how Funke was going to pull off the ending. Having the kid save them all was amazing and totally unexpected.




User avatar
763 Reviews


Points: 3888
Reviews: 763

Donate
Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:57 pm
Lava wrote a review...



I thought it was a good series. I feel Inkheart and Inkspell were good, but Inkdeath wasn't. It didn't appeal me as much as the other two did. Or maybe there was a major age gap since when I read INkspell and Inkdeath. :D




User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 5

Donate
Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:12 pm
WhisperInTheWind wrote a review...



Hey there! I think Inkheart is a fabulous series with all the emotions, drama and effort put into it! The whole concept is magical!
My favorite character is of course Dustfinger! I also love the Black Prince <3. Other awesome characters are Basta and Mo!




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 2

Donate
Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:29 pm
drawakangaroo wrote a review...



All in all, it was a great series. Very unique plot, and the characters are interesting. It moves along quickly without getting too confusing. My favorite character was actually Violante. I always tend to like the more complicated characters better. Anyway, the only thing I don't like about this book is that it has too much description. Description is great, but too much of it can take away from the plot and bore the reader.




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 6

Donate
Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:24 am
Jordan Lacroix says...



I haven't read any of them yet, but I had read Funk's The Thief Lord, and I LOVE that book.




User avatar
321 Reviews


Points: 12611
Reviews: 321

Donate
Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 pm
Flower~Child says...



Finally I read the third one, but I didn't like it as much as inkspell. I cried when dustfinger died, but when they brought him back I was so happy.




User avatar
436 Reviews


Points: 83309
Reviews: 436

Donate
Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:55 pm
AquaMarine says...



I love these books! i am so annoyed cause i haven't got round to reading inkdeath yet, is it as good as the other two?

but i thought the movie was a disapointment, just didn't do it for me!

dustfinger is awesome. everyone has to love him!
X




User avatar
59 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 59

Donate
Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:44 am
Phantomofthebasket wrote a review...



Urgh, I had to wait forever for inkdeath, it drove me insane.
I finally got it after about three months or something ridiculous like that...


v- VERY major spoiler if you haven't read Inkdeath!
[spoiler]Oh my God. When I saw it in the store, I went to pick it up to see if Dustfinger's name appeared because I was so mad when she killed off Dustfinger in Inkspell! But I couldn't pick it up. I didn't want to ruin it.
I'm so glad she brought him back though...[/spoiler]




User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:02 pm
Katiebaby says...



Yeah, I've read the first two. I'm waiting for Inkdeath to come out in paperback or for money, whichever comes first.

They really are good books.




User avatar
239 Reviews


Points: 7829
Reviews: 239

Donate
Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:43 am
MeadowLark says...



I didn't like Fenoglio either! Gosh, he ruined everything in Inkspell! But ya, there was just something about Dustfinger. He was just plain ole awesome. He was pretty cool in the third book. I agree with Sunny. He was much braver and not so chicken >_<

Farid, he was alright in the first book but the other two, he was just annoying! Inkspell had to be the saddest out of the trilogy.




User avatar
321 Reviews


Points: 12611
Reviews: 321

Donate
Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:07 pm
Flower~Child says...



I have read two of the books and I am reading the third right now. My favorite character is Dustfinger, and my favorite book so far is inkspell.




Random avatar

Points: 1122
Reviews: 150

Donate
Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:04 pm
200397 wrote a review...



My favorite book in the trilogy was Inkdeath, mostly because it doesn't have a unhappy ending (when Inkheart and Inkspell did.) But also I liked it because Meggie gets over Farid and goes for Daria (is that his name?) and also Dustfinger is braver.

Dustfinger, I think, is everyone's favorite character. For me, my favorites are Dustfinger and Resa. :) I don't like Farid or Fenoglio.

~Sunny




User avatar
239 Reviews


Points: 7829
Reviews: 239

Donate
Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:19 am
MeadowLark wrote a review...



His name was Fenglio or something like that.

I've read Inkheart more then the others. It has to be my favourite. But I'm not one to chose a favourite for I love most books!

They're amazing books and I couldn't wait to get my fingers around Inkdeath when it came out--unfortunetly I had to wait for Christmas to read it. Haha, it took me not even two days.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 10

Donate
Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:11 pm
TheWordsmith wrote a review...



I thought Inkheart was boring.

Don't get me wrong, it had amazing potential. It was just that I got a third of the way through the story and was like, "Okay, yeah, so a lot of boring stuff happens... Is it really all that important?" And then, of course, I got two-thirds through and was like, "Why are we still here? This should have ended ages ago!"

Then I tried reading Inkspell... it was a futile effort. At least I managed to finish Inkdeath....

That was just about the plot. Personally, I loved the characters. My favorite was the old author... What was his name again?




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 15

Donate
Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:37 pm
Horserider wrote a review...



I read it because I always like to read books before watching the movie. Personally I felt it dragged on a bit and it wasn't all that unexpected, but other than that it was good book.

I'm not in all that much of a hurry to get Inkspell and Inkdeath though, but I'll get around to reading them eventually.

I actually found Farid and Dustfinger more interesting than Maggie and her father.




User avatar
144 Reviews


Points: 11482
Reviews: 144

Donate
Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:13 am
GoldenQuill says...



Yay! More Inkheart lovers! Which one was your guys' favorite books?




User avatar
93 Reviews


Points: 8009
Reviews: 93

Donate
Fri May 15, 2009 9:32 pm
MagnusBane says...



I own them all! I absolutely love these books. I personally thought that Inkheart was the best because it had stronger characterization, but the other books were great too. My favorite character is probably Capricorn. He's amazing!




User avatar
239 Reviews


Points: 7829
Reviews: 239

Donate
Thu May 14, 2009 9:36 pm
MeadowLark wrote a review...



I love the Inkheart Trilogy! They have got to be some of my favourite books to read. Cornelia Funke is a wonderful author. A girl in school recommened the book and it took a few months before I actually picked it up. Gosh, I couldn't wait till Inkdeath came out. So excited and read it in two days. I've read Inkheart four times, Inkspell three times and of course Inkdeath once.

Dustfinger is an awesome character. My favourite above all.




User avatar
144 Reviews


Points: 11482
Reviews: 144

Donate
Tue May 12, 2009 2:58 pm
GoldenQuill says...



Completely agreed. Dustfinger is, like, the best in the entire world. ^.^ I love him. <3 I really really really want the Inkspell movie to come out, but the Inkheart movie didn't do so good, so, it's very doubtful. D=




User avatar
59 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 59

Donate
Tue May 12, 2009 1:23 pm



Yes!
Inkheart, Inkspell and Inkdeath.
All brilliant beyond brilliant books!

My favorite character would most definitely have to be Dustfinger. =D





"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery