z

Young Writers Society



Boy Meets Boy

by GingerLizzy


Synopsis:"There isn't really a gay scene or a straight scene in our town. They all just got mixed up a while back, which I think is for the best... And whether your heart is strictly ballroom or bluegrass punk, the dance floors are open to whatever you have to offer. This is my town."



Meet Paul - Gay his whole life, and finding love as wonderful, confusing and heartbreaking as every other teenager in his high school.

----

My thoughts;

Well, I've only just read this book today actually - after going out and buying it just this fine afternoon - and I must say that it was definately not a waste of £5.99 and two and a half hours of my time. The characters are pretty simple, but yet complex at the same time; each with a few different problems and a lot of different feelings.

The town that the main character - Paul - lives in is pretty homosexual friendly and it revolves around not just those issues but of conflicting thoughts in friendships and also relationships; straight or otherwise.

It made me laugh, sometimes feel a little sad and round every corner, I felt connected to the character and wished that he could have his way.

It revolves around aboy named Paul who is gay, and is not afraid to tell anyone about it. He has good friends and soon meets a boy in a bookshop rally, who catches his eye. Noah is the new kid; simple enough, and Paul has only just noticed him. Things spark off with a few little problems on the way involving the ex, some friends and a drag queen.

Also, it halfway outlines the issues with religion and homosexuality. Giving views, rules and sometimes heart gripping information, David Levithan has definately succeeded.

:):):):) Four outta five.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
193 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 193

Donate
Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:43 am



That sounds fun! Definitely a good read; I should go check that out!

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin




User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 461

Donate
Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:31 am
GingerLizzy says...



Wow Luxor, that's just how I felt really. While I was reading it, I was really happy and I wanted the best for Paul, but afterwards it was like... Oh, it's over now. I read it about a week ago and I haven't forgetten about it... yet. I have to say I'm not really one for forgetting about books so quickly, even if they are awful.




User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 29

Donate
Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:13 am
Luxor says...



^Yeah, it was a pretty quick read, but I didn't forget about it for a loooong time...I don't think I ever really forgot about it. That book made me feel so happy when I was reading it, I was really sad when it was over with.




User avatar
410 Reviews


Points: 5890
Reviews: 410

Donate
Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:37 pm
Alainna wrote a review...



This book looks interesting- I should put it on my 'To Read' list. It could really help with my Sociologist mind. (Exploring gender roles in society...etc...)

I wonder though, is it one of those books that is good....but when you finish it you forget about it fairly quickly until you find it seven months down the line?

Alainna
xxx





It's not nice to roast people when they're out of comebacks.
— Tuckster