z

Young Writers Society



A conversation with the dark

by Galatea


Very nice, Brad. You know I'm fond of your work. My biggest suggestion would be to (in some way) move the second stanza to a more active tone. The languid feel of the piece is very lovely, but can you present it in a more active way? (sure, if that makes sense). the "I fear, I resign, I feely, I cry"s take a bit of the fire away.

Keep writing, love!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 18

Donate
Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:20 am
SimplyPersnikety wrote a review...



Wow, This is a lovely piece of poetry! I agree with Wojovox. children stories and romances don't really mix well. I literally went "Huh?" and had to stop and reread that line. Over all jolly good show champ! Keep up the good work. Can't wait for more =D




User avatar
44 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 44

Donate
Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:56 pm
Wojovox wrote a review...



[quote="Incandescence"]I once thought dimly lit rooms
led to bedsheet romances, and stories
we would tell our children as they grew old,[quote]


Do you intend to tell the children stories you should only write to Hustler magazine?

Some lines are alright, but as a whole the poem lost me. But I think I still got the picture. I'll be on the lookout for other works you do, I'm sure you've done better than this. This just seemed mediocre.




User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:39 pm
NightmareMoon says...



Very lovely. I personally like it when poetry does not rhyme, so I really enjoyed this. :)




User avatar
270 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 270

Donate
Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:21 pm
blacktiger3915 wrote a review...



Oh my goddness! This poem was posted almost two years ago! Who dug this up again? :?

I never read anything from Incandescence. I'm mad because he writes beautiful stuff I see. Wow, the was great and refreshing to read. No wonder you are one of the most respected members. I loved it and I hope you will do great in the near future! Best wishes. Peace 8)




Random avatar

Points: 1127
Reviews: 3

Donate
Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:12 pm
strawberry saliva wrote a review...



this poem is deep although i'm not very sure what it is about.
i have never been good at interpreting poetry.
i had to comment on your poem because i felt like it touched me somwhere (i don't know where though) ;-)




User avatar
71 Reviews


Points: 4117
Reviews: 71

Donate
Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:03 pm
Luvzi12 says...



The only suggestion I had was pointed out by Gadi, so I just have to agree with everyone else that his was a well-written poem by an adept writer. I enjoyed it very much!




User avatar
404 Reviews


Points: 1108
Reviews: 404

Donate
Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:48 pm
Gadi. wrote a review...



This is very good. You always know how to pinpoint an exact situation, feeling, relationship, using only simple words. Your opened doors metaphore was very powerful and was the key image in this poem, the one that stuck with me after I finished reading it.

One problem though.

"...I once thought dimly lit rooms

led to bedsheet romances, and stories

we would tell our children as they grew old,

taking our place among the loveless."

I don't understand what this has to do with the poem. I can somewhat see the relationship, but this is only vague guessing: that the two had experienced "dimly lit rooms" but his expectations of this experience were not completed. Is this right? If so, you need to connect it to the rest of the poem.

Very good though.




User avatar
688 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 688

Donate
Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:29 am
xanthan gum says...



I felt this situation, so I'm going to be all lax all on you. Basically, I love this writing style from you and I loved this poem. I mean, don't let it get to your head, you've written better. But this definitely doesn't place in the bottom half.





I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr