z

Young Writers Society



How do I delete this...

by FrozenDreamer


How do I delete this I don't know how.....


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 2094
Reviews: 4

Donate
Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:51 pm
Nibroc wrote a review...



Structure. You need it.

Being somewhat of a traditionalist where it comes to poetry, I sometimes have a hard time "getting" free verse. But this is beyond free-verse. I'm not even sure if it's exactly poetry.

It's hard to see poetic spark in a text box.

Perdido's advice is also sound.




User avatar
42 Reviews


Points: 1717
Reviews: 42

Donate
Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:43 pm
Shadowlight wrote a review...



I loved the idea of this piece. the artist stuck inside his body,mind still sharp but unable to paint.
some of your descriptions were confusing and I didn't know what they meant. also as a reader I was left confused about what went wrong with your artist.
I agree with the other post that the writing is messy. don't give up on this piece though, just read over it yourself and edit, try to get down to the essence of what your trying to say and say it with strength and assurance!
the idea was absolutely lovely. keep going!




User avatar
150 Reviews


Points: 13173
Reviews: 150

Donate
Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:14 pm
perdido wrote a review...



is this a prose-poem? It doesn't really make sense. "My most important tool is now in ruin, and is impair." What??? Something is wrong

Confronting my handicap sounds like you are literally handicapped. Find a better word there. There are other punctuation mistakes strewn about... the whole thing reads carelessly and honestly this form is tedious. I think it would actually help a lot if you rearranged it as a poem.

My advice for you.. now that I've seen 2 of your pieces, is to read. I'd start somewhere obvious, Walt Whitman or something... the work up to some Billy Collins or Philip Schultz.





If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos