Untitled

by Floweringmoon1704

English isn't my first language but I'll try my best here ^_^

The smart witted one shall always wonder to themselves for why they are seen as bad luck and an omen of death, while it shall be left wondering on why its twin, the dove shall get praised for bringing peace and harmony despite that not being the truth.

The raven and the dove are both just birds, one big and intimidating to most while the other is gentle and small, their coats are different in colouring, the raven shall always remain in the dark for comfort, while the dove shall be out in the light, proudly showing itself. The raven is shadowed in the darkness, and perhaps people fear such for them to call it a bringer of death and bad luck, when in reality it is simply warning them of so when it comes, and so is the same for the dove, it shall only come when it knows harmony will arrive.

Both do not create such things, they simply warn people of so.

But because humans fear what is only natural for them, they hate the one bird, while they love the other, despite them doing the same thing.

Yet someday, there will be some that come to understand such, and appriciate the both for what they do, to be messangers of information.

Or at least, the raven wishes so would happen someday.

First Impression: This is a lovely little story. Its quite simple in what it sets out to do and I think it manages to do said thing really well here.

This is an interesting little start here. The raven and dove certainly are two birds often seen as very much the opposites in terms of what they tend to represent so seeing them portrayed as actually being a lot more similar than they are generally typecast as really does create a very interesting scenario here. I don't think I've seen this before and the points truly do make a lot of sense which I think gives this particular piece a lot of the attention it manages to get from us so very quickly and easily here.

Well this is quite the nice little message to end on. I think its paced really well there. The first section slowly pointing out how similar the birds are before then going on to portray how despite this they are thought of in such opposite scenarios. It sets up perfectly to how the raven would want to be considered equal someday and the little detail of how it is only a wish in the end is a nice little touch I think.

Overall: Overall, its a lovely little message, both just on the very surface of what its trying to say and also once you actually end up digging just that little bit deeper. I think that makes for a wonderful piece.

Kate

Thank you very much Kate for the review! I appreciate the kind words and will keep that in mind ^_^

Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:15 pm
lenxox says...

Wow, it’s amazing! I’m so touched by it. Keep going :)

Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:03 pm
dm74 wrote a review...

This is a wonderful interpretation of the phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover."

Something to work on: I think it's always easier to read a passage when the text is broken up into separate paragraphs and not just one big block of text. Many neurodivergent people need that to access the information being presented.

Something I liked:

So this made me think of the definitions we put on to things that ultimately turn them into timeless symbold - just as the raven and the dove.

Overall I think this passage gives it's readers a lot to think about. Great job!

Thank you very much for the comment, I'll try to keep that in mind and space out my texting style to help. : )

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
— Andrew Carnegie