"DING!! DONG!!" The church bells rang. Their sounds covered the streets and the Kingdome like a blanket of joy. People danced in the street and cried tears of joy. The sun shined extra bright that morning. Brighter than before as a freedom was given to the land of Guildar. After fifty years of war, the people seemed exited to be free from the oppression of the Denden dynasty after signing a treaty two hours ago. But for the royal family, this was another important day. The king and queen called for their son in the throne room.
-" You promise you don't want me to come in there with you?" The Princes' best friend Amy asked him. He looked into her eyes;
-"stop worrying Amy, I'll be fine." He replied The young prince walked in and bowed to the ground.
- " My son, we have just signed a treaty and everything seems to be going well. You know that I am in my old years and I am getting too week to continue my duties as king. That is why by this time next year, you will be the new king of Guildar." He proclaimed trying to drown out the sickness in his voice. The prince got up. A smile creped on his lips.
-" Father, do you really think that I'm ready?" He asked almost ecstatic. The queen looked at her son and nodded. The prince tried his hardest to remain calm. He thanked his parents and bowed again.
-" Edward you are a very handsome young man. And this age, you are supposed to be engaged. Why is it that you would not even take the time of day to even talk to the dames?" His mother asked him in a worried tone. His father stared at him waiting for a reply.
- " I can't just marry anyone. I want to marry the woman I love. And I've haven’t found her yet. Why do you ask? " The prince replied back with a little smile on his face. His parents on the other hand did not smile. Prince Edward knew they were not amused.
- " We cannot wait for you to find that one perfect woman Edward, It might take too long. And we've wanted to tell you since last week. We have arranged for you to wed the princess of Denden. Princess Taihran. It will help keep the peace between the two kingdoms. " The queen said in a strict voice. The smile on Prince Edward's face soon erased as his eyes turned red with hate
- " HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME!?! I'VE DONE EVERYTHING YOU AND FATHER HAVE ORDERD ME TO DO ALL MY LIFE!! THAT WAS THE ONLY THING I'VE EVER WANTED AND THAT'S THE THING YOU'VE TAKEN AWAY!! MAYBE I DON'T WANT TO BE KING!! THE ONLY THING YOU GUYS CARE ABOUT IS ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT. " The prince yelled out at his parents. The king got up from his throne.
-" WHAT HAS CAUSED SUCH DEFIANCE THAT YOU WOULD PENALIZE YOUR BIRTHRIGHT TO PERSUE SOME SILLY FANTASY!?! " The king declared in shock. The queen calmed her husband down. Edward looked at his father in sorrow and stormed out.
- “Edward, my son, come back!! Your father and I don't mean in it in that way! " His mother yelled to her son. The prince stopped and turned around.
- “Some silly fantasy? Love should not be forced upon someone. " Edward said in spite as he slammed the doors. Amy waited for him on the other side of the door. She heard everything. He stormed past her.
-" Eddie, are you ok? “ She asked as she grabbed his arm. He pushed her hand away without saying a word and locked himself in his room. ..
* * *
-" FATHER !!! PLEASE DON'T GO!! " A young woman cried. She held on tight to her father's hand. He cleared her dark brown hair that was stuck on her face from her tears. He looked deeply into his daughter's deep green eyes with death creeping upon his body.
-" Ieda, my only daughter. Before I go, you must promise me something..." Her father said weakly with a shaking voice. She stroked her father's hair back and tried to make the most of every breath he took.
- " Make the most of your life... Don't spend your life as a servant all your life as I did. You are destined for so much more! " Her father said while gripping tight to her hand. She nodded and started crying again.
- " I will!! " she said while trying to hold back her tears. With his last breath, he told her three simple words; I love you. Then he was dead. Ieda gasped and cried continually. Her mother came in the room and hugged her. They both cried together and consoled each other. She let go of her father's hand and let the priest come in to bless his body... “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. Thy rod and thy staff shall comfort me all the day and night. Truly your grace and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life... and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever and ever. Amen".
* * *