z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Two sides of the Same Coin

by Euclarkie


Jebhson Clark R. SalcedoT1B

BSECE Comski1

THE TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN

The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty, and all forms of human life. The power or the ability to change is only in our bare hands, as of now we humans really don’t know how to use our ability well so we can see that there are times that we fail and succeed though life is like that we should advance or study more about it so we can move and go to the next chapter of life with technology. Technology is the making, usage of knowledge to create tools, machines, techniques, in order to solve a problem, to achieve something you desire, and handle your future to make it better and affecting human desire to make life comfortably. The term technology can be applied generally and specifically especially in the field of business, transportation, source of entertainment/happiness and many more that can be applied in technology. Between humans and technology there are differences/diversity on each other, we can tell it easily because we use humans are meant to use technology. While growing together with technology, we can now further see the difference by knowing the capacity between the two. “A Billionaire man, Bill Gates says that The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency” Carlson (2012). Technology is not just use only for entertainment, business, transportation, but it is also for supporting or making our lives easier. By looking at our current situation we can say that our lives is advancing because of the help of technology. Technology had helped us in various ways such as supporting our lives, innovating our sources of entertainment and advancing business transaction.

Making our lives easier in a world full of technology. Today, people are used to use the technology wisely in order to achieve what they want in life, especially when it comes to our personal needs. Technology is used to fulfill the happiness of the people to be able to conquer all problems or maybe it is used to sustain the living we have. “The relentless parade of new technologies is unfolding on many fronts” (Manyika, Chui, Bughin, Dobbs, Bisson, and Marrs, 2013). Almost every advance is billed as a breakthrough, and the list of “next big things” grows ever longer. Technology is such a big help for us human because technology gives special kind of treatment that can fix or build a better future for us humans. Life is perfect for now because we humans can invent a technology that’ll help us to live in harmony and with peace. “Resisting such overwhelming odds may seem to put me at a disadvantage in today’s world and lagging behind the parade. But as I see it, entering the race and submitting to the whip of every new gadget puts those who succumb at peril. Going online and all that implies in today’s technological world can too often result in being hung out to dry on that line” Berdes (2013). Through the proper use of technology we can easily divide our time and we can also make our future better with our bare hands together with technology. To put it simply, technology can be the source of all needs, enjoyment and many other kinds that can make our life easier and comfortable.

Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards. There are many kinds of technology that would help us to build our future better. Technology has it’s own limitation, though it has limitation we also know how to limit the use of the technology given to us. In the world today, there are such technology that provides our needs especially when it comes to entertainment like game boys, play stations, computer and many more that can sustain our needs in everyday life. Compare today and the past lives of our ancestors, the difference between two is so big, we can tell it by knowing on how our ancestors live. Technology is such a big help for us human because we can do our work or job easily. May technology fulfill all the needs we have and together with technology, we may live in this world peacefully. “There is no doubt that even after the end there will be a new beginning and beginning means further development of technology and finally its improvement.We human beings may leave this world but our creation such that technology will remain alive for ever and ever;and thus make us immortal” Priyanka (2010).

Lastly, technology helps us in various ways especially when it comes to business. Technology is big help in the field of business, we can easily advertise our products through internet. “Nowadays, it is also providing information towards companies or people like advertising a new product available in the market. It changed the method that you think business and advertising can be achieved. It is specifically same tool for getting in touch with residents and private individuals, advertising your latest products or services to those people interested” Rayport (2013). As time passes, there are inventions that are meant to be use in the field of business. Moreover, mobile phones that are meant to be use in the field of business should be treated nicely even though they are technology only because without the help of them, we can’t achieve what is right for us humans and we can’t attain a better life without using technology.

There are clearly both pros and cons about technology. The fact is, technology gives chances that will make our life stable. Though technology has its own limitation, we should limit the use of technology if it is affecting our daily lives. Nowadays, technology is now the sources of different communications or transactions that builds a better community. Moreover, though other different kinds of technology are treated lightly, we should know how to use if perfectly so that we can treasure it and share it to others. Dependability on the technology is not bad because it’s the only way for us to have a better future. Technology is needed to enable for us to create or build a future that would lead us to success. Technology had helped us in various ways such as supporting our lives, innovating our sources of entertainment and advancing business transaction.

References:

Berdes (June 6, 2013) Does Technology Really Make Our Lives Easier? Retrieved September 12, 2013, website: http://wuwm.com/post/essay-does-technology-really-make-our-lives-easier

Carlson (Nov. 24, 2012) Forex Philippines. September 30, 2013, from: http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gates-quotes-2012-11?op=1

Manyika, Chui, Bughin, Dobbs, Bisson, and Marrs (May 2013 ) Disruptive technologies: Advances that will transform life, business, and the global economy. September 12, 2013, from http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/business_technology/disruptive_technologies

Onyango (January 1, 2012) The importance of mobile phones for global business transactions. September 12, 2013, from: http://eonyango.blogspot.com/2012/01/importance-of-mobile-phones-for-global.html

Preus (August 13, 2013) Same technologies, new markets. September 12, 2013, from http://advancedtextilessource.com/2013/08/same-technologies-new-markets/

Priyanka (April 7, 2010) Improvement in technology. September 12, 2013, from: http://krishnaworldwide.blogspot.com/2010/04/improvement-in-technology.html

Rayport ( March 1, 2013) Advertising and the Internet of Things. September 12, 2013, from: http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2013/03/advertising_and_the_internet_o.html

Technology (September 12, 2013Productivity improving technologies. September 12, 2013, from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Productivity_improving_technologies_(historical)

Technology (September 13, 2013) Online advertising. September 12, 2013, from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_advertising

6


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 14

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:50 am
nadinefampo wrote a review...



You have a good title for your essay. But you have some corrections on your work such as missing words, repeating the same word again and again, and the right choice of words . You did a good start, and I know you can do better. :)




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:32 pm
jessagregorio says...



Very good choice of the title makes it interesting to read.

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:59 pm
Julie Ann M. Tenorio says...



Good job! I didn't know you had it in you. ;)

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:58 pm
jessa says...



Very good choice of the title makes it interesting to read. :)

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 pm
jessa says...



Very good choice of the title makes it interesting to read. :)

[ Edit ]


User avatar


Points: 368
Reviews: 3

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:43 pm
View Likes
ValenciaAndrea says...



Technology makes our lives different. The essay you've done was great but some little corrections especially the references too much big font. But in all it is nice and interesting.



Random avatar
Euclarkie says...


Oh I see. Thanks a lot madam. :D





okay, no problem. :)



User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:35 pm
View Likes
kriselleabby says...



You have a point on your essay. You elaborated well what technology is all about. Keep up the good work! :D



Random avatar
Euclarkie says...


Oh, thanks a lot madam. :D



User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:23 pm
View Likes
johnemmanuel says...



Job well done! Nice Title :)




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:20 pm
View Likes
kingteejay8 says...



I love it. You've made an excellent essay. Job well done. :D



Random avatar
Euclarkie says...


Thanks a lot sir. :D



User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 1775
Reviews: 19

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:18 pm
View Likes
RachelLescano wrote a review...



The title made me more interested to read it. And from it, I can say you will be talking about two opposite sides of a certain topic. And here:
"There are clearly both pros and cons about technology."- as you clearly said, there are pros and cons. But only few cons had been stated. I think you should try to balance your article since you have written that both pros and cons are present in technology.

*The usage and choice of words were good. Keep it up.
The entire article is good. :)



Random avatar
Euclarkie says...


Oh thanks madam. :D



Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:12 pm
krissen hay says...



nice title! paragraphs are well supported with ideas. :)

[ Edit ]


User avatar


Points: 378
Reviews: 1

Donate

Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate

Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:58 am
View Likes
arcanendaya says...



Nice work. Very well said. Keep up the good work.




User avatar


Points: 357
Reviews: 2

Donate

Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:39 pm
View Likes
marcial says...



I love the title. Great work!




User avatar


Points: 475
Reviews: 4

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:33 pm
View Likes
AiraPatricia wrote a review...



Your title is catchy. :) Very nice choice of words. Please watch the use of quotation marks and try using transitional devices. But over-all, your essay is good. Very informative also. Job well done!



Random avatar
Euclarkie says...


Oh, thanks a lot madam. :D



User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:00 pm
View Likes
charles23mds says...



Nice one. I like your essay. Keep up the good work.





There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable