z

Young Writers Society



Good Bye, Jacen.

by EstelPax


Pain,Anguish, lost in the darkness.

I,ve lost you.

I don't know you.

Who are you?

Killing in cold blood.Go away I don't know you.

You may look like him and have his name,but you aren't him.

Good Bye,Jacen Solo.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
67 Reviews


Points: 590
Reviews: 67

Donate

User avatar
2058 Reviews


Points: 32885
Reviews: 2058

Donate
Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:27 am
Emerson wrote a review...



This... Isn't much poetry.

I am left only to assume you are new to poetry? I have several suggestions for new poets:

1. Read poetry. Read it like if you don't, you will die. Examine it, don't just read it. What makes it pretty, what makes it flow? Why do you like it/dislike it (Because you shouldn't write something you hate!)

These last two suggestions are...risky ones I give out. Its one of those things "You can't break the rules, until you know them"

2.Rhythm. Create patterns. Have each line have ten syllables (or eight, or seven, or five; what ever you want) or maybe have four lines to each stanza/verse. I'm big on poetry and pattern, but thats me. And again, until you can write a poem with such skill (syllables suck at times!) then you probably shouldn't write free verse (free verse=the absence of any real...pattern. At least that what I think it is, don't take my word for anything)

3. And this is one that you should tread lightly. Rhyme. but don't force the rhymes, no matter what, you have to flow. If the rhymes come out too forced it will be "Yuck" trust me.

Try looking around the site, and read the poetry, there are a lot of poets around here that do have some good skills, and you can learn from their style.

Sorry I didn't critique your poem, and instead gave you tips :lol: If you have any questions, or want some help with your poetry, feel free to PM me.





Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill