The Unreadable Book

by Emma

The Unreadable Book

I am sitting in a corner, reading a book with very long words. So long and confusing - my head feels like the book is actually attacking me! I hold the book practically to my eyes, trying to read the tiny writing. It's making my vision blurry

I don’t even know what the book is about, probably the story is about some piece of crap which moves about and tries to live an ordinary life with humans. But people just scream and try to pick it up with a pooper scooper.

Or it could be about a strange girl living in the jungle, which has taken a fancy to an elephant. She could be thinking that the elephant is deadly hot, and would love to take it up the duff any day of the week. If the story was like that, I would love to see how it ends. She manages to go to a city, finds out that it’s not normal for a human to try to have sex with an elephant. Then at the very end; she would end up in rehab for the rest of her life.

The story could be about a bunch of Chinese people who try to kill everyone and everything. They could control anyone by cutting the person’s skin and inserting a piece of metal which has powers. Then all of a sudden the metals rebel and tell the people which are being controlled to kill the Chinese.

Maybe the book isn’t in English, I mean, what on earth is periphery? It could be a French word. Maybe not… Maybe it is a Spanish word. It does kind of remind me of Spain.

The story could actually be about Spanish men fighting over a bull. Then the bull dies and the beautiful sexy Spanish men make up and become gay. Nah, the story shouldn’t end like that. Maybe they both fall in love with a girl called Emma, but the girl finds out that they like bull fighting and falls out with them… THEN they become gay. Perfect.

Giving up on the book I put it back on the shelf and walk out of the library. Maybe when I get home; I could write a story. It isn’t that hard. Maybe, if I use very long words I could get away with it and sell it in shops. I could become so rich I could build a house out of the money.

God, that sounds like fun.

--------------------

Yeah, nothing special. Just some random idea about what a book could be about when you can't read the words. ;)

Ani May Queen wrote a review...

Hehe, this is really great. I suck at reviews so don't expect me to tell you anything helpful. I just wanted to say that I read this and that I thought it was great. The gay spanish guys part was real funny, I loved that. I also liked that you included yourself in it, that they'd fall in love with you and then when you break up with them they become gay. Genius. Anyways this is real great and I loved it. Can't think of anything you need help on though, so sorry.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:02 pm
Nox wrote a review...

That's never happened to me before, sometimes you can actually ignore the rule.

I liked this, nice and short and reminds me of myself when I'm looking through bookshelves. :D

Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:14 am
Emma says...

Nefer wrote:
Haze wrote:Or it could be about a strange girl living in the jungle, which has taken a fancy to an elephant.

It should be: Or it could be about a strange girl living in the jungle, who has taken a fancy to an elephant.

Haze wrote:Then all of a sudden the metals rebel and tell the people which are being controlled to kill the Chinese.

Correction: Then all of a sudden the metals rebel and tell the people, who are being controlled, to kill the Chinese.

Nice job even if it was very short.

I did that but Microsoft word didn't like it and forced me to change it. Microsoft word is mean to me...

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:02 pm
Nefer wrote a review...

Interesting. :D

What weird ideas you have. :D

I only found two mistakes though:

Nice job even if it was very short.

Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:22 am
Emma says...

Yeah, I was having trouble with that bit. So I changed it to yours! Which was mine... 8-[

Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:27 am
Sam wrote a review...

Mwahahahaha!

That was really clever...one thing that irked me:

'I am straining my eyes to read the tiny writing. Even when the book is practically touching my eyes! But maybe that’s because the words are so close they make my eyes blur. '

Would be better as:

'I hold the book practically to my eyes, trying to read the tiny writing. It's making my vision blurry'.

Other than that...the gay spanish dude thing made me laugh. :P

Democracy! Bah! When I hear that word I reach for my feather Boa!
— Allen Ginsburg