z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

life

by rainforest


a series of events
put together
to create a story
of love
and happiness
yet it will forever change
and forever adapt
into an enigma
that will never be solved


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
163 Reviews


Points: 5016
Reviews: 163

Donate
Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:02 pm
Mysticalxx wrote a review...



I LOVE this style of poetry, even if it uses themes I don't like. (Not that I don't like this theme, just saying generally). I don't even mind how you didn't capitalise the letters at the beginning of each line (although you're supposed to :D ) because I loved the poem.

The only error I can find is that you wrote " yet IT will forever change", whereas you wrote " a SERIES of events" in the first line. SERIES is a plural, right? So ahead, you should write "THEY will forever change", meaning the events. :)

Keep it up!

Mist




Vervain says...


Actually, a note: "series" is singular. Replace "series" with "sequence" and try to say it -- "The sequence of events, they will never change"?



rainforest says...


Thanks Ark, and also the lack of capitalization and punctuation was intentional.



Mysticalxx says...


Okay!



User avatar
558 Reviews


Points: 1219
Reviews: 558

Donate
Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:58 pm
View Likes
erilea wrote a review...



Hey, Elysium! Long time no see! Well, actually, I've been stalking your wall and not posting anything, but you get what I mean. :P

I think this is a very good poem. The capitalization pattern (or lack of it) really helps with the meaning of this piece. I think, though, instead of implying it's going to be all happiness and rainbows, you should include something about how life can be dark at times, but the important thing is to walk straight through it. Or something like that. I'm terrible at poem ideas, don't take them from me.

Other than that, I really liked this. It was a short but sweet read. Good job and keep writing!

-wisegirl22




rainforest says...


Thank you! The lack of capitalization and punctuation was intentional. I know there is bad stuff in life, but I wanted to focus more on the happier and optimistic things in life.



erilea says...


Oh, okay. Whatever. :D



User avatar
1081 Reviews


Points: 220
Reviews: 1081

Donate
Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:33 pm
View Likes
Virgil wrote a review...



All right, this is Atsmai here and I'm going to do a line by line, or 2 line by 2 line review.

a series of events
put together

This kinds of reminds me of like, putting the pieces together to beginning, middle, and end, I like the meaning of these two lines more than the other lines in the poem, life is like a story, there's a beginning, a middle, and an end, that can also conclude to days, they have a beginning, middle, and end. I liked this line and it meant a lot to me.

to create a story
of love

It all leads up to what you love, or who you love, that is your highest peak in life, sorry, this one is a little hard to put in words, this line was okay, but, I didn't really understand what it meant.

yet it will forever change
and forever adapt

Life is always changing in some shape or form, this also meant a lot to me since I dislike change, but sometimes its for the better, sometimes its worse.

into an enigma
that will never be solved

Life is a mystery that can't be solved, I actually liked this one the most now that I think about it, life will never be figured out, and we'll always be in the dark, never know what's going on, but we still try to find out what's going on, we try to turn the light on, but we can't find the lamp.




rainforest says...


Thank you!



User avatar
802 Reviews


Points: 18884
Reviews: 802

Donate
Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:11 am
View Likes
Dracula wrote a review...



So I think it's amazing that Strange got such a large review out of such a small poem. And I won't get anywhere near to his wordcount, but I still want to try and review this because... it's a challenge?

One of my original thoughts when reading this was why did you only mention happy things? Life isn't just love and happiness, a lot of the time it's dark and depressing. But then I realised that you can't have hate without love, and you can't have sadness without happiness. They're two sides of the same coin, as a wise dragon once said, so you didn't need to mention both. You just mentioned the more important emotions. And I suppose that's all part of the enigma. :)

The last line makes me think of all the philosophers and normal people who have pondered on the meaning of life. Personally, I'm happy to go with 42 as the answer, but then again that's not true. The meaning of life will never be solved, because, like you said, it is constantly adapting.

Nice poem. :)




rainforest says...


Thanks!



User avatar
417 Reviews


Points: 500
Reviews: 417

Donate
Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:58 am
View Likes
Willard wrote a review...



Guess who's back, back again. Strange is back, tell a friend.

Hey, yo, Elysium! Strange here on this fantastic review day and I have a review for you!

As you know, I usually don't have the same opinions as the other reviewers. I'm more critical and dependent about content. Technicality is something I try to get on (aka my word for word review), but I want to see fresh content. I've been on you the most because I like seeing writers improve, including myself. The last few poems have been better than ever, but not really making my jaw drop in astonishment.

This, this honestly disappointed me a bit.

I swear I've seen this poem before. Not saying you plagiarized, but if you did, then I would be really disappointed. I was the one who caught you with the "fooling innocent people online" work and I don't want to catch you again. This felt cliched, like the other cliched works. It all looks the same. This sadly didnt bring a breath of fresh air, just me grunting. Let's jump into it, shall we?

eries of events
put together

Remember that haiku you wrote a while back? Yeah, this brought some severe flashbacks. It's somethng most of us have seen before, and it feels like this is a small branch off of that poem. I like freshness, and this didn't deliver in that aspect.

e a story
of love
and happiness
yet it will forever change

I'm going back to Catlover's review, saying that this is true, it just didn't hit home with me. It was a predictable thing. Being predictable isn't bad, but this brought nothing new to make it an interesting predictable. It was just straight predictable, which makes me a bit sad.

into an enigma
that will never be solved

There is no actual answer to life, but enigmas can be cracked. Pick one of those really odd languages no one can crack.

Other than that, what hurt this poem the most is how short this is. Short works can hit home with readers, sure, but this was short to the point where it only covered an idea. I've seen this idea over and over again. It's extremely common. That's why I wasnt a big fan because you only had an idea. You didn't have poetry surrounding it, if you get what I'm saying.

Keep writing, and stay groovy!




rainforest says...


Thank you!



User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 391
Reviews: 25

Donate
Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:31 pm
View Likes
AMDDOG wrote a review...



Hi! Amddog here for a review!

This was amazing. It is really real, I mean, this is so true. Im not good with grammer (you know, i already messed up a few times) but I have a few tips.

At the beginning of each line capitalize, and PUNCTUATION PUNCTUATION PUNCTUATION!!! (what my writing teachers always say)
at the end of each line, put a comma or a period of anything like that because it just gives you the wonderful pauses you need when writing a poem.
(Please dont think me harsh!!!!!!!!!!!! I really love your poem!!!!! its really good!!!!!)

Keep writing!
~Amddog




rainforest says...


Thank you for the review, but I intentionally put no capitalization and periods.



AMDDOG says...


Oh, im sorry!



User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 60

Donate
Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:10 pm
View Likes
Vex15 wrote a review...



I love this new piece of work!!! It is so real!!
I agree with all of this, because this is currently happening to me. I met a guy, got together, falling in love, very happy, and more even though we are just teens. It really does relate to people's lives, like mine does.
Though it is short, it is short and to the point. I like this. There's no typos, no mistakes, and I can't find anything wrong because this is beautiful and I love it. I think this is wonderful, absolutely wonderful. :) times a thousand. I'll make sure to read any more posts by you. Feel free to check out my poems under the author name catlover211.
There's no negatives, only positives. I'm so happy to find other people who are like this. I love being a poet and reading other poet's works. So happy with this one! I hope other people check this out and comment.




rainforest says...


Thanks! I am sure I will check out your poems!




I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
— Solomon Short