Meg Rosoff

by Eimear

I hope no one's already done a thread on this because I'm really gonna look like an idiot....I just wanted to say, wow! I love this woman's work!

I think she's wrote three books to date, all of which are amazingly strange.

Her first was an award winner-'How I live now'

The second one was really dark and ironically funny called 'Just In Case'

And her third, called 'What I was' had the best plot twist I think I've ever read in a book, and I'm not saying that lightly.

Anyone else like her books?

Eimear

StellaThomas wrote a review...

OMG I love them! How I Live Now is definitely ranked amongst my favourites, despite the incesty bits. It's just gorgeous.

Just In Case was good fun. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be, but it was...

I kinda gave up 40 pages into What I Was. It just wasn't striking me like the last two did. Although (I know I must sound so shallow) the cover is so pretty, I love looking at it more than reading the book, it's just so nice.

I did my book report for Christmas on I'm Not Scared, Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and How I Live Now. :) I really do adore it. I was eleven when I first read it (I think) so you can imagine in the beginning I was a little scared, but when I reread it in the autumn I just loved it, it's amazing.

Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?
— Mary Oliver