Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Technology

Technology for a Better Future

by EdrickeMalabanan

“The internet, like the steam engine, is a technological breakthrough that changed the world.” This is a quotation by Singer (2010) that talks about internet a product of technology, which is a refinement that changed the way people lives. This innovation made the lives of the people easier, convenient, and time saving. It enhances people’s entertainment and ameliorates doing the household chores. Also, it provides online employment for people seeking jobs and online transaction for companies dealing with other companies. The technologies catbird seat can be observed in different illustrations. In this case the advantages of technology are very evident in the fields of communication, socialization, and education.

Technology was a big help in terms of communication. It helps the people to easily communicate with other people around the world. According to Jones (2013) people nowadays can communicate via SMS or what we called the short messaging service, it is where they compose a short message and can send it instantly. Another type of messaging service is the MMS or what we called the multimedia messaging service; this is a type of messaging service where people can send their photos, voice memos, and short videos instead of sending a letter. Finally, the greatest contribution of technology in terms of communication was the E-mail or what we called the Electronic Mail. Before, people wrote their mail on a sheet of paper then bring it to the post office to send their mail; there are chances that the mail will not be received. Now, people can just sit down in front of their computer and type their mail and if they’re done they will just click one button and their mail is sent. Communication was made easier with the help of technology for it send the messages instantly and at the same time receive it instantly.

Socialization were made easier through the help of technology. It gives a platform to the users to create their own virtual social space where they can upload or publish their own information. People uses social networking site in socializing around the world, this social networking site was described to any website that enables the users to create their public profiles. As what Mahato (2013) said, before the second millennium this social networking sites does not have a deep impact to the internet users, even if there are few websites that offer users a virtual place in the internet to interact with other users. After the year 2000 a kind of revolution came and a huge improvement in social networking sites has been seen. Many new sites like facebook, twitter and MySpace came into view, these sites had very interesting features that attract its users. Through these sites, users can easily get in touch with many celebrities and their updates. Also, it is a great source of communication between two users, irrespective of the distance between them. Technology make socializing easier for it helps users to get interact with other users, no matter from where he/she operates these sites in the world.

Education was made more convenient with the help of technology. It helps the people to accomplish their tasks more quickly and efficiently. Pond (2013) explains in her article that, today, people can get the information they need in making their book reports, projects, thesis, and other related academic papers with the help of the search engines. They will just type their topic and then plenty of information related to their topic will pop out on the web. Unlike before, people have to go to the library and read plenty of books just to get the information they need. Also, technology made it even more accessible with the creation of smartphones that can access Google to make searches, and can be used to make a presentation. In addition, these devices are capable of downloading videos and applications such as e-book, dictionaries, and encyclopedias to make information handy. Through these new innovations of technology in education, studying was made more convenient.

It was truly evident that the advantages of technology can be seen in the fields of communication, socialization, and education. With the help of technology, mails were received instantly and people’s communication was made easier. Also, people can get in touch with their family, long lost friend and even with their favorite celebrity through socializing. In education, searching for specific information was made more convenient with the help of the search engines. This new innovations of technology had a great impact to us human beings. It makes our lives even more accessible and comfortable.

Guest Avatar

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:04 pm
Dan dela rosa says...

Awesome essay edrickes. :)

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:36 pm
Daphne Macatangay says...

Wow Mr. Edricke Malabanan. Your essay is really good. You really have great potential and I can see a lot of raw skills in this essay of yours. Keep it up ok? Great Job! :)

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:13 pm
Mama Bear says...

Your essay showed that you already improved your thinking and writing ability.
Keep up the good word and keep on improving.

[ Edit ]

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:04 pm
shielamendoza says...

Good essay. Keep it up :)

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:40 pm
kriselleabby says...

You have a point on your essay. Keep up the good work! :D

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:58 am
christiantiquis says...

Nice essay. :D

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:15 am
DreamWork wrote a review...

Hi EdrickeMalabanan, DK here with review on your wonderful essay.

It's a pretty good start when you give a quote at the beginning of the essay.But I would strongly recommend that you give the latest quote, especially in this modern era 2013 when the technology is definitely has been improved or renewed.

“The internet, like the steam engine, is a technological breakthrough that changed the world.” This is a quotation by Singer (2010)

But I noticed that the quote given focused to the Internet. Indeed the internet is one of the technologies that are created, but there is need to provide the quote refers to the technology.Or you have to change the title which focused on the importance of internet if you really mean it.However, I love the title of your essay that seems overtly supporting the importance of technology to modern man for a better future.

When switching on the main body of your essay, I grew confused. Are you talking about the technology (a wide fields) or focus only on the internet and communication?Apparently you missed the title here. You are indeed talking about the communication technologies.
But it is okay,not so bad.You just need to change the title to make it more suitable with the contents.Like what dragon said,you actually can improve your essay. :) Keep it up!

Thank you very much Darkknight9 for your comment I will apply your comment in my future work.

Guest Avatar

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:37 am
Cecil Torres says...

I see a future writer in the making here, very well expressed, in details and very informative. Good job.

[ Edit ]

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:15 am
dragonfphoenix wrote a review...

Knight Dragon, here to review!

Welcome to YWS! (Where are all these tech essay people coming from???)
Anyway...

Technical:

"This is a quotation by Singer (2010) that talks about internet a product of technology, which is a refinement that changed the way people lives." Very awkward sentence. It should start "This quote by Singer" [and who is Singer? Why are they credible?], and get rid of the "that". Also, stop before "which", make a new sentence, and then say "Technology is..."

"The technologies catbird seat can be observed in different illustrations." Um, why is that sentence even here? What is the catbird seat, and what are these different illustrations?

"Technology was a big help in terms of communication." No state of being verbs! This could easily be rewritten as "Technology greatly helped our communication" and is just as strong a sentence.

"..what we called the short messaging service, it is where they compose.." Either delete the "it", or make this into two sentences.

"or what we called the Electronic Mail." This is the only time I'm going to tell you to get rid of a definition. This is painfully obvious. Very few people don't know what an email is.

"this social networking sites does not have a deep impact to the internet users"...there's an error in subject verb agreement

"Socialization were made easier through the help of technology." Verb number needs to be fixed, and the state of being verb needs to go away.

"Technology make socializing easier for it helps users to get interact with other users, no matter from where he/she operates these sites in the world." Again, verb number. And the "he/she" should be "he or she".

"e-book" should be "e-books".
"It was truly evident that the advantages of technology can be seen in the fields of communication, socialization, and education." You have a state of being, and a change of verb tense.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much Knight Dragon for your comments it really helps me to improve my future work.

Guest Avatar

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:46 pm
Ven Rojas says...

I agree 100 percent. This technology is one of the greatest invention in our planet. Old relatives, friends and acquaintances reunite thru net in a matter of seconds. It makes life easier in terms of communication and research. Just typing a few words in the computer allows you to discover and rediscover life in general. Definitely a good read.

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:49 pm
Bernadette Custodio says...

I truly agree that technology has made our lives easier. It saves us time and money. I just could not imagine how our lives would be without it.

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:20 pm
Tony Cabrera wrote a review...

Young people surely have the advantages today than us oldies during our time. We have to work hard and research even harder for our researches. Nowadays, even journals can be obtained through the net. Also, students now carry less books because one can get all the infromation they need from their, smartphones, tablets, and other gadgets available today.

[ Edit ]

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:19 pm
AiraPatricia says...

Very well said, Mr. Malabanan. Keep it up! :)

Guest Avatar

Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:56 pm
Roderick Malabanan says...

Very articulate and informative essay.

[ Edit ]

And don't forget it's hydrate or diedrate
— zaminami