z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone Mature Content

the dream of the end

by Destoni3520, God


I have always had dreams some recurring some with spirit and some of vision. They are all different or have a point that I think I'm honestly supposed to interpret . I'm scared because sometimes I wonder are those the dreams to come in my future or in the near future. Last night I had a dream the day the world was to end me and all my church members were locked in the church it began to shake and one by one everyone fell to the ground then I awoke to see that we all were surrounded by snow and mid dark light and we wore all white then the pastor said I think we are reborn we are in heaven our physical bodies are dead but not our spirituals we all looked around and to find attached to all of our hands were gold scrolls god had written what he'd planned our futures out to be and what would've been we all shouted and rejoyed at the lives god had wrote of us because they were so righteous I fell to the floor and began to cry reading my own scroll thanking The Lord while to that the man i was with on the earth was the man had chosen as my soul mate and to be the man I would wed and have child with and live the righteous life I flew back once more away from everybody and my eyes shut but I saw Adrianna and Monica grab me and pick me up and as they began to move I began to see an imposter of the man god had chosen to me I felt it . It stared at us as if we were blind and couldn't see that it was a disguise of a fallen angel pretending to be the man of my dreams meanwhile James was still on earth not yet fallen to wake up to heaven but he stayed to help others until it was time and only I could see that because god had blessed me or us as you could say that we both were so attatched we knew when each other woke or even was asleep or when something was wrong so I tapped James physical body to bring him home to heaven we all were outside of the doors of heaven just waiting for one of gods angels to open the gates . The imposter stood looking enraged at me that I exposed him he tried to charge at the bishop but I jumped In front of him head first and the whole church blew him out of heaven when it was done the gates of heaven opened before going in Jesus came and told us we had a choice to be remade to help the next generation of the human race or to stay in the heavens and watch over them everyone agreed to stay but Jesus asked me of one warm favor to go back and help more and when I came home everyone would be waiting so I was pulled into another dream I wasn't ready for it but I was there and I was running for my life I was in a scenario that I was female who was surrounded by drugs gays and danger and I ran from it and ended up in the dark of somewhere giving someone valuable advice this time I was a man and i was confident and after I said my peace I went into the sky back as me entering the gates of heaven my eyes were blinded by the godly light of god .


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
46 Reviews


Points: 3000
Reviews: 46

Donate
Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:10 pm
willachilles wrote a review...



#deep

Hey, Will here for a review of your work!

Well, you're new here, Destoni, so I'm going to cut you some slack. But still, this wasn't a good quality piece of writing.

The Good

I'm sorry. I really am - but there just isn't anything readable about it. I started reading it, and then I was lost in between the lines. I'm so sorry for saying this but - in my eyes, this isn't a short story. This is writing. There's a difference, and you have to learn to cross the bridge between the two.

The Bad

Firstly, structure. Paragraphs! Where are they? I can't read your work because you don't have paragraphs. Structure is sometimes referred to as 'the bun of the hamburger' because it holds everything inside it. Your story doesn't have that bun. It's just lettuce and meat. And what's a good hamburger without a bun?

Secondly, sentences. A complex sentence is something like:

I woke up that morning, ready to go to work, but then my wife said she felt sick.

Yeah, it's an alright sized sentence. Some people can go over that, but you and your pen pal have gone way too far.

The imposter stood looking enraged at me that I exposed him he tried to charge at the bishop but I jumped In front of him head first and the whole church blew him out of heaven when it was done the gates of heaven opened before going in Jesus came and told us we had a choice to be remade to help the next generation of the human race or to stay in the heavens and watch over them everyone agreed to stay but Jesus asked me of one warm favor to go back and help more and when I came home everyone would be waiting so I was pulled into another dream I wasn't ready for it but I was there and I was running for my life I was in a scenario that I was female who was surrounded by drugs gays and danger and I ran from it and ended up in the dark of somewhere giving someone valuable advice this time I was a man and i was confident and after I said my peace I went into the sky back as me entering the gates of heaven my eyes were blinded by the godly light of god .


That is one sentence. 11 'and's' in that sentence. You know, I could fix that paragraph up, go up to my English teacher, hand that in, and by the length of it, she would probably say something like, "Oh, you've written that extended response for me, Will?"

That is not the size of one sentence. Not two. Not three. That isn't a paragraph. That is the size of two paragraphs. Two paragraphs.

The Ugly

I'm going to be very upfront about this - this looks like a fourth grader's work. Maybe the writing is good. But I don't know that, do I? Why? Because I can't read your chapter!

*sigh*

Okay, okay, okay. Enough criticising. You know what to do now. Go back, and use the enter button! Paragraphs! Sentence length! Connectives!

I also noticed that you said @God wrote this with you. For some reason, I don't believe that.

Commas, full stops, colons, semicolons, paragraphs and connectives. Go back and work on this piece.

-willachilles




User avatar
214 Reviews


Points: 14468
Reviews: 214

Donate
Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:32 pm
artybirdy wrote a review...



I’ll be honest. I didn’t read all of it. In order to improve this, you need to focus on the structural and technical aspects. The entire short story’s consisted of one massive paragraph and it was almost impossible to read it. I got lost in between the lines and had to start all over again. You should break it down in smaller paragraphs, so your readers are not intimidated or distracted. I also agree with @tigeraye. You should read over your work before you post it because I noticed a lot of run-on sentences, missing full stops/periods and misplaced commas. This needs more attention and then, I’m sure, it’ll be an enjoyable read. Keep writing!




User avatar
325 Reviews


Points: 689
Reviews: 325

Donate
Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:36 pm
tigeraye wrote a review...



There are kind of a bunch of grammar/styling mistakes here.

Last night I had a dream the day the world was to end me and all my church members were locked in the church it began to shake and one by one everyone fell to the ground then I awoke to see that we all were surrounded by snow and mid dark light and we wore all white then the pastor said I think we are reborn we are in heaven our physical bodies are dead but not our spirituals we all looked around and to find attached to all of our hands were gold scrolls god had written what he'd planned our futures out to be and what would've been we all shouted and rejoyed at the lives god had wrote of us because they were so righteous


This is a really lengthy sentence that could easily be broken into three, four or even five. Also, your whole passage comes off as a big wall of text and is tough to read. This is made worse by having no commas whatsoever. You also used passive voice a good bit. Also, "rejoyed" isn't a word, try "rejoiced".

I'm nitpicking you a lot, but I like the story and the strong, powerful message it conveys. Just wish you better organized it before you uploaded it.

http://www.grammarcheck.net/ Check out that website if you want some help on grammar and spelling.





i love me some swole chickens
— yosh