I Won't Be Back (Parody of You'll Be Back by Lin Manual-Miranda)

by zaminami

A/N: Depressing, dark version of "You'll Be Back" by Lin Manuel-Miranda :3

--

You say

The price of my kindness isn't a price that you're willing to pay

You laugh

In my face! And then you hurl insults at me when you see me go by

Why so bad?

Remember we were pretty tight until you went away

Now you're making me sad!

Remember despite our estrangement, I'm your enemy!

--

I won't be back

Soon you'll see

I will live only in memory,

I won't be back, time will tell

You'll remember that I served you well,

Oceans rise, empires fall!

Me and my coffin won't see it through it all!

And when push comes to shove

I will send a fully armed Glock bullet at myself and they will sing:

--

Die die die die die die die die die die ya die

Die die die die die die ya die!

Die die die die die die die died die die ya die

Die die die die die ya die!

--

You say our hate is enflaming and I can't go on!

You'll be the one sobbing when I am gone...

And no, don't change the subject,

'Cause death is my favorite subject.

My relieving, wonderous subject.

My morbid, loving subject.

Forever. And ever. And ever and ever and ever...

--

I won't be back, not like before.

I can't fight the fight and win the war.

For your hate, for your lies,

And I'll hate you until my soul finally dies.

When I'm gone, you'll go mad.

So don't throw away this thing we had.

Wait! When push comes to shove,

The relationship we had will kill me and then I will be gone!

--

La la la la la la la la la ya la la

La la la la la ya la!

La la la la la la la la la ya la la

La la la la la ya la --

EVERYBODY!

--

La la la la la la la la la ya la la

La la la la la ya la!

La la la la la la la la la ya la la

La la la la la ya la!!

--

A/N: Yeah, I'm still mad. That girl who told me to kill myself called me the b-word a few days ago, so yeah, I'm mad all over again. Fun, right?

I know.

--

Kara

Mathy wrote a review...

I LOVE THIS! Hi, I'm ZeldaIsShiek, the Witch with the spell that immediately writes reviews for me and posts them within about ten minutes and earns me points so that the Werewolves don't win. This is great! I really like Hamilton the Musical, so naturally, I had to review this. Also, it only has one review, so more points against you! Not that it really matters that much. I'm just glad so many works are being reviewed at last! Let's get into this review.

I love how you made this a direct parody of one of my favorite Hamilton the Musical songs, "You'll Be Back" by Lin Manuel Miranda and sung by King George. I understand this song applies to you in real life, but I wasn't really involved in that, so I don't quite know what this entire song is about. I do, however, understand that it is a parody of Hamilton and, instead of King George trying to win back the Colonies through a love song, it is you getting angry at someone who told you to kill yourself. I think this comparison is very good, and I also think that the part where you say "die" repeatedly could be a quote from what the girl said to you.

That's all I can say right now because that's all I have to say, because... I don't really know why, I just know that I'm out of ideas for this song. Keep parody-ing great songs, and keep writing! See you later!

-ZeldaIsShiek

zaminami says...

**is not impressed with the review**

I'm still the review beast, Zelda :3

Mathy says...

Sorry about that... I'm not that good at reviewing...

zaminami says...

it's okay I'm just better >:3

Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:37 pm
DeerInBacPac wrote a review...

Hello, E.E here for a possibly quick review and maybe some utter nonsense! Grim is here as well, drinking hot cocoa and being a slacker. *Grim looks over, glaring* So, lets get started.
*Sees you finally posted this and fangirls on the inside, reading it to the tune of You'll Be Back while grim silently hums it.* oh, um sorry, didn't see you there, reading this review. Anywho, lets carry on.
YESSS, it is out! I was so excited to read this and thanks for the tag Kara! I hope I was not the only one reading this to the tune of the original song. I can't be the only one, right?
Anyways, I did notice a few spelling mistakes but I wont be working with grammar on lyrics. This is my first lyrics review so lets see how this will go. Good, I hope.
The line, "Me and my coffin won't see it through it all!", I am guessing was spelled wrong. "It should be, maybe, "Me and My coffin won't see through it all!" That reads better anyways. Otherwise I noticed no other mistakes and things alike. All of the lines mixed really well together and nothing seemed be dodgy. Good job!
Overall I loved the lyrics and keep up the good work! Happy Halloween! I really need to go now Grim has souls to reap and he needs more cocoa. Cheerio and fruit loops to you!

zaminami says...

Um there's no difference in the lines lol

Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:03 pm
Saruka says...

Hey, I don't think I'll do a full review on this (I'm not good at reviewing songs :( ), but I just wanted to tell you that his name is Lin Manuel-Miranda.

zaminami says...

oh

whoops

mispelling ugh

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:49 pm
zaminami says...

@Flumadiddle

DeerInBacPac says...

Thank you for the tag!!! SO excited to read this and review it!

Does anybody else passive-aggressively refresh the page to see if anything you said made it into the quote generator?
— GrandWild