Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Politics

Militancy and the Institutions

by Dar1shahid, Dar1shahid

“Well educated youths are opting guns, choosing a path of militancy instead of their bread and butter, where solution lies’’.

PicsArt_11-18-06.17.26.jpgSHAHID KHAZIR

Kashmir one of the conflict zone in the world, the situation is going dettoriate day after day. The engaging trend of youths towards militancy in real sense is dangerous sign to the peace and stability for the Kashmiri masses.

The stimulation responses of the youth towards the Kashmir cause. A boy fond of clothes and chocolates grows into a new role, he supposed to attend classes to make his future, to become a real nation builder, but due the hypocrisy of both, one who is chanting the jugular vein and the second one is an integral part, no one is caring. Even the world communities are acting as spectators. No one is leaving their one word on the Kashmir issue and saying why a boy who supposed to to have pen in his hand, why he is sporting a long beard and is seen caressing an automatic weapon.

With the death of Hizbul militant Saddam Padroo, he was the lone militant of Burhan brigade, who in 2016 surfaced brigade photo with his top associates like, Sabzar Bhat, Naseer Pandhit, and Zakir Musa.

Recently, Phd scholar of Aligarh Muslim University, Manan Wani joined the militant ranks and the Asst. Professor of Kashmir University Mohammad Rafi, who was missing from last few days, also joined the same ranks and unfortunately, lost his live in a brief encounter yesterday, raises questions on the institutions, who is fueling Kashmiri youth to opt the gun solution. Who is responsible for the trouble who has taken the oath to radicalize Kashmiri youth.

Education institutions who supposed to impart knowledge and information to the students about their carrier, future but from last few years’ well educated youths are opting guns, choosing a path of militancy instead of their bread and butter, does they found the way through their education, does education teaches us the same commitment, who is fueling them towards the bloodshed, this is a serious matter which needs to be resorted.

The ground reality in Kashmir is changing slowly but surely and it can be gauged even from plain statistics. If in 2015, 66 local youths joined militancy, the number for 2017-18 (till April) jumped to more then 200 hundred active militants, day to day increasing number of militants is an alarm to both political representatives and investigation agencies, I think if they will stop the ceasefire, it can be reduced and stopped, because from last few years, we are witnessing the bloodiest years so far.

Time is passing swiftly, the more we wait, will lead to more lives and lives will lead to bloodshed , may be it may lead to disaster, which will engulf not only the Kashmir, but whole south Asia has to suffer .

(Writer is currently pursuing Mass.com at Degree College Baramulla and can be reached at Shahidkhazir6@gmail.com )

GodfreysBouillon wrote a review...

Hey! Here to leave a review for you!

This was interesting, for sure. I've never heard about any of this, and it was good to leanr some new things.

"Kashmir one of the conflict zone in the world, the situation is going dettoriate day after day."

Do you not know English very well or is this just a typo? Because there are many grammatical issues all throughout this, I'm just citing this one as an example.

It should be-
"Kashmir is one of the most conflict-ridden zones in the world. The situation there is deteriorating day after day."

This was a good informative text, it told me about the problem. Kids are picking up guns and becoming militants, and its a big issue on multiple scales.
I would, however, like to know more on how to solve the problem. How do you dissolve a militia and the ideas that started it? I want to hear your approach on the subject, or at least what people are doing about it. Is this problem solved?

Overall, this a was a good read and educated me on something i didn't know about before.

BookishBrook wrote a review...

This article was a very interesting read.

I personally do not know very much about this issue and I feel it's shocking that much of the world is not aware of these awful conflicts. Where ever there are guns such issues follow.

It's very nice to see other types of writing on YWS.
There's just a few things I would like to comment on.

(Sorry but I'm not very good with whole quotations code so you will have to make do with quotation marks XD.)

Firstly I would like to address the fact that you have used commas where full stops or semicolons would be more appropriate at several points. I will highlight these points in red below.

"A boy fond of clothes and chocolates grows into a new role, he supposed to attend classes to make"

"lost his live in a brief encounter yesterday, raises questions on the institutions"

I would also like to add that this particular quote above would make more sense if there was not only a full stop instead of a comma but if there was the word "this" in front of raises as this would make more sense.

Another error I would like to point out is that of the final paragraph:

"Time is passing swiftly, the more we wait, will lead to more lives and lives will lead to bloodshed , may be it may lead to disaster, which will engulf not only the Kashmir, but whole south Asia has to suffer."

I would change this paragraph to this:

Time is passing swiftly. The more we wait, the more lives will lead to bloodshed. It may lead to disaster which will engulf not only Kashmir as the whole of south Asia has to suffer.

Thank you, it's been a pleasure to review this piece today and I hope you take this advice and learn from it.

Wordzyy says...

This article was informative. The lines have made an emphasis on the issue.

These lines below especially were of grasp to the theme:

"A boy fond of clothes and chocolates grows into a new role, he supposed to attend classes to make his future, to become a real nation builder, but due the hypocrisy of both, one who is chanting the jugular vein and the second one is an integral part, no one is caring. Even the world communities are acting as spectators. No one is leaving their one word on the Kashmir issue and saying why a boy who supposed to to have pen in his hand, why he is sporting a long beard and is seen caressing an automatic weapon."

I totally agree to your perception on this issue. Most importantly this one, this shows the pathetic state of the virtue towards education.

"Education institutions who supposed to impart knowledge and information to the students about their carrier, future but from last few years’ well educated youths are opting guns, choosing a path of militancy instead of their bread and butter, does they found the way through their education, does education teaches us the same commitment, who is fueling them towards the bloodshed, this is a serious matter which needs to be resorted."

Your article has showed humanity is still alive. Hope people regain their senses.

Hope to see many articles of yours.

Does anybody else passive-aggressively refresh the page to see if anything you said made it into the quote generator?
— RavenLord