z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Masquerade

by Danely48


Your lies and masquerade began to fade I gave you everything even my trust our diamond blew up by your fake grenade. The diamond just like our love left nothing, but diamond dust my love for you will not start to disappear. Sadly I thought you cared I was wrong again but the truth began to be crystal clear. The whole time what were you trying to gain? I wonder if it was true all of your love. So confused I believed all your lies you took me above I can't love you, but I will not despise you. Deep in my heart all I have is sorrow but I know I'll smile again.. Tomorrow. :)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
766 Reviews


Points: 650
Reviews: 766

Donate
Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:10 pm
Brigadier wrote a review...



Hey there Danely48. It's just lizzy dropping by real quick, so without a further ado, let the reviewing begin.

1. The first comment I have is about the description from the main page. This is slightly confusing and needs improvement.

This is my first blog and my first time sharing my work through the internet and I would like some feedback. Thank You.

This description left me with a lot of questions including these few:
i. So this was meant as a blog post but it's filed as a short story?
- If this was really meant as a blog post or something it would be nice that you specified that at the beginning of the piece too. It doesn't feel very much like a blog post, more like a short story about romance. So in the filing next to short story you might want to select romance in one of the fill-in-the-blanks.
ii. Why am I going to read this? There is no emotion. There is just a statement that this is the author's first online work.
iii. Wouldn't it be better to put this at the beginning of the story and put something to hook the reader in the description?

2. Above I said this felt like a short story. Upon further inspection it sounds more like someone trying really hard to shove a poem into short story format. Just look at the first sentence. It would go much nicer in a poem or as lyrics to a song or something. You may want to consider that as an option and here is an example way to put the first line.
Your lies and masquerade began to fade,
I gave you everything even my trust,
our diamond blew up by your fake grenade.

The second line is really wordy and the "even my trust" is unnecessary. You just told this lover a couple words back you gave everything or is your trust not included in everything.

3. Also please refrain from using emoticons or text talk during your story. It's alright to leave a note at the end with a smiley but never ever use text talk. It wasn't present in your story but the smiley face at the end still made me dislike the ending.

4. Okay now that that's all over I can talk about the actual subject. I don't read romance very much so therefore I don't review romance very much. Sorry if I get to harsh. This is about an average romantic plot about a breakup, from what I've read. I think that the mc's lover cheated on her or lied to her about something major. I'm going with he/she cheated on her and that caused a breakup. I am also pretty sure they were engaged from the repeated use of diamond as in diamond ring. Please at any time tell me if I got a character detail wrong.

5. Well that's about all I have for today. Good job on publishing your first work on YWS. Welcome to the site. Feel free to ask me about anything through PM. Have you introduced yourself in the forums yet? If not why don't you head over there and write a post. If you have any questions about this review feel free to PM me.
Happy Early St. Patrick's Day!
-lizzy




User avatar
107 Reviews


Points: 487
Reviews: 107

Donate
Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:07 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX wrote a review...



Greetings,

An inspired piece. One of pain and heartache from someone that has been hurt by another's lies. I don't know a single person that hasn't felt this same feeling and that makes it easily relatable.

The only thin I was really distracted by was a few of your run on sentences. With something so short they really stand out. I would say you should do a read through where you say it aloud to yourself so that you can hear where the breaks are supposed to be.

Other than that it has real heart in it. Something that you can tell that the writer captured the feeling of pain and distress from finding out that they have been lied to. I hope that you continue to write more for us and continue to share them with your fellow writers here.

Happy Writing!




User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 1018
Reviews: 19

Donate
Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:13 pm
OmgRonan says...



Beautiful piece. Well written. Nearly made me cry, truly beautiful. It describes a lot of true stories, and I hope people enjoyed it as much as I did.
It was very well written, just a few comma's could be put in a few places and there is no spelling mistakes that I can see other than that, perfect. I hope to see some more stories. And I hope other people make positive reviews on it!





It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice