z

Young Writers Society



Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - preview!

by Cotton


I got this book a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still quite excited about it. See, I won a preview/proof copy of it, since it isn't released here in Englandland until October the 29th, or November sometime according to the back of the book.



So I am here to recommend it. It's about fallen angels and Nephilim (I googled it, too :D ), and although for the first 1/4 of the story or so it's rather similar to a certain book (darest I name it?) it makes up for this in the rest, as it runs away in the opposite direction. Patch, the boy, is much more realistic than dear Edward, as while he's dangerous and dark and etc etc, he is also just a teenage boy - so there are plenty of hilarious innuendoes. There are also more curious characters and other goings on that I definitely did NOT expect, and this is what kept me reading until gone 11pm (on two consecutive school nights) because I couldn't bring myself to stop.



I've attatched a picture I took of it when it arrived (she says, grinning as she remembers that day) and here is a link to it on my favourite book shop's website: http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesw ... ku=6780766



If you liked Twilight, Patrick Ness' The Knife of Never Letting Go or Triskellion by Will Peterson, I reckon you'll like this. I don't think it's just a book for girls, either.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 1664
Reviews: 13

Donate
Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:51 pm
MaresAzulados says...



Wow. I really am forward to read it. There's only a problem and that is... in my country it hasn't arrived yet...




User avatar
58 Reviews


Points: 3584
Reviews: 58

Donate
Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:53 pm
KayKel16 says...



I received an advanced copy of this book, and I just loved it[:





I want to understand you, I study your obscure language.
— Alexander Pushkin