z

Young Writers Society



Worth it

by ChrisCalaid


Is it worth it?

This pain

This horror

This sadness

Just for one feel of happiness? 

---

Is it worth it?

This loneliness

This depression

This helplessness

Just for the feel of how your hand feels to mine?

---

Is it all worth it?

This life

This family

This story I live in...

---

Is it worth it?

The ache

The empty heart

The hopelessness

Just to love someone?

-----

Is it worth it?

To love someone

To see them leave you?

To have a friend

To have someone believing you aren't a weirdo?

Is it all worth it?

Yes, it is...

Author's note

I wonder a lot and I don't think that's bad...But if you feel like I ruin your day writing this poem I'm really sorry. I'm not good at writing something that might not ruin someones' mood...

I hope you enjoyed reading this :) Plz, post comments, and suggestions below.

Have a nice day!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
118 Reviews


Points: 7737
Reviews: 118

Donate
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:39 pm
Coffeeboyjay wrote a review...



hey Chris!!

jay here drop a review

First off this poem was really sad to me and i really didn't wanna cry but i did actually a little and everyone has there own opinion on what they like or don't like but to me this poem made me sad when i read it and you wanna know my part in your work poem Is it worth it?

This pain

This horror

This sadness

Just for one feel of happiness? just keep putting the effort in to it


Second my compliment is you should of made a poem with your heart or just feel what you are feeling and just write what you feeling but i enjoy it


how you could of improve is make a poem that would have a type of vibe like a lyrical poem and think what you feel that is a type of vibe or listen to someone that has good music but find a word or something that would go with it


keep writing and yeah i hope you enjoy this lovely review and have a good day!!!




User avatar
76 Reviews


Points: 1285
Reviews: 76

Donate
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:23 pm
Phillauthet wrote a review...



Hi! I'm here for a review.

First off, this poem hit hard. No, it didn't ruin my day... The ending made my day. That was really a twist since the rest of the poem seemed doubtful and depressed. The ending, in contrast, was very reassuring. I like that 'twist'

Second, I like the way you've written the whole thing from the perspective of a person who's probably suffering greatly due to love. The questions, the uncertainty... It all seems so perfect.

The last line, 'Yes, it is' sound like the speaker telling him/herself that it was all worth doing, or feeling. This whole poem feels like a string of thoughts in the speaker's mind, which I think is great.

I only have one suggestion. I think, in the end, instead of putting the '...', you could end it with a single full stop. That way, it would seem certain.

Overall, this was a great poem!

Keep Writing!!




User avatar
45 Reviews


Points: 148
Reviews: 45

Donate
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:51 pm
View Likes
yumi wrote a review...



In this beautiful poem, you ask the a timeless question that has plagued humanity for as long as human beings have existed: "Is it worth it?" To which I say an emphatic yes, endure any pain just to feel-especially if feeling that pain helps you write poems like this! I appreciate this glimpse of how you're feeling,-....
(But I feel the line "Just for a glimpse of how your hand feels to mine?" should be changed to something like, "Just for "the feel of your hand to mine?" as the word "glimpse" implies use of vision, and you are talking not about SEEING but FEELING...)
-feeling all the worst parts of being a human being, and using those terrible feeling to create something beautiful, which can maybe inspire others to turn their own pain in to something equally beautiful, which may in turn help you find the inspiration to write another beautiful poem like the one that helped them!
Such is the circular nature of not just humanity, but all of nature, which allows us to answer definitively that, yes, it absolutely IS worth "it", no matter what "it" is: it inspires all that is truly beautiful about humanity in the first place. Your poem is just one example.




ChrisCalaid says...


I changed the part you pointed out. Thank you for the review.
Have a beautiful day!
:)



User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 6160
Reviews: 158

Donate
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:19 pm
View Likes
Hkumar wrote a review...



Hi Chris!

Here for a quick review for your poem. The emotions conveyed in the poem feels like coming after a quiet introspection done by the narrator and he's trying to confront himself by asking these questions. One could easily resonate to most of these questions because I feel we all undergo through some hard times that makes us wonder, if it was really worth it. All the pain and struggle that we had to do whether it was justified. Well the answer will vary from person to person. Getting the desired results makes us forget all these hardships and we only enjoy the fruit of our hard work. But the issue arises when we fail, that's when we try to confront ourselves whether all of this was even worth it or not.

The first two stanzas dealt with the negativity we face in life. The third one feels a bit more personal because it looks like the narrator doubts about his very own existence (more like an existential crisis).
The last stanza feels a bit cliche like the previous reviewer pointed out. There are things mentioned in that stanza that are worth it, like loving someone, having a friend and someone who believes in you. But 'to see them leave you', doesn't fit right if you are justifying that these are actually worth it. But I do get the raw emotions behind this poem so I won't ask you to make changes because at the end it's all about expressing your own views and letting out our pain.

I could feel the emotions in this poem and I loved the simplicity. You must continue to express yourself more with your writings. Hope to see more from you :) All the best.

Great work!
Keep writing :D

(Also, if you want to make a line break, try using 'Shift+Enter' where you want to write something in the immediate next line and then use only 'Enter' when you want a one line break. This is what I do every time)




ChrisCalaid says...


Thank you for the review. The last stanza depends on the person's perspective I think. It might not be agreeable to some but you sometimes just keep on thinking about it. "having a friend that believes in you", that's definitely worth it, I agree with you. But it's kind of like you first became friends with that person not because you need someone to talk to or anything... Just because you, at first, just needed someone to call you friend, not just somebody, not a weirdo, a friend. I don't know if that makes sense. If I confused you more, I'm sorry.

Have a nice day!
:)



User avatar
70 Reviews


Points: 789
Reviews: 70

Donate
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:53 pm
View Likes
anne27 wrote a review...



Woah!! A very deep poem. So let's sink in the depths together.

Hey there ! Anne here for a review!!

First of all, these are really deep thoughts, and I can't see either why thinking a lot is bad. I guess it isn't if you're not anxiously thinking but just generally thinking. I get these thoughts too- maybe not exactly in this shape- but still I could relate a lot to this poem.
Awe-inspiring thoughts on your behalf.

In the first two stanzas, I really liked the buildup of the words. The flow from smaller words like pain to the bigger words like loneliness, is really great.

Is it all worth it?

This life

This family

This story I live in...

Well this stanza was absolutely remarkable. The fact that were not talking about emotions anymore and going straight ahead to ask if life was worth it is a big transition. And considering that, I'm not sure if the placement of this stanza is right- it would have been better placed as the forth stanza since the current forth stanza flows similarly to the first two. And then this one is totally different in terms of what its asking.
Just an opinion.

Is it worth it?

To love someone

To see them leave you?

To have a friend

To have someone believing you aren't a weirdo?

Is it all worth it?

Yes, it is...


I am not sure if this was a good conclusion? :?
No offense but this one here talks about things in a totally different ( yet a bit same) dimension.
This one is more about the positive side... To have friends is certainly worth it so is having someone believe you aren't a weirdo. I don't think I truly get the meaning of this. I mean, the other things are talking about things we have to lose and ask if its worth it. But we've got nothing to lose here or if we have it isn't mentioned in the poem.. So to the reader I think it takes a different line.

Again. Its just ab opinion. Don't bother yourself too much by it if you like your ending..

Otherwise a great poem indeed and no you did not ruin my mood. It was an amazingly insightful poem which can just brighten up days ahead...

Will read more from you..
Keep writing because you're good at it. :D




ChrisCalaid says...


@anne27 Thank you for the suggestion about the ending, I'll bring it aboard. Btw your last words on the post really encouraged me, tysm!
Have a nice day!
:)



anne27 says...


Have a nice day you too!! :D



User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 84
Reviews: 15

Donate
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:17 pm
View Likes
AndyS6 says...



The message is deep and I am a fan of it. The ending if very well written. Tthis made my day a bit better. Reminds you that there is still value in continuing to keep going even when it seems worthless to do so.




ChrisCalaid says...


I'm glad you liked the ending. I made your day a bit better...that's the first compliment that really made me feel encouraged... Thank you so much for reading and I hoped life gets better for you, for us all.
Have a hopeful day!
>Chris



AndyS6 says...


Well keep writing my friend, you seem to have a lot of good ideas and are very good at writing; so keep it up. :)



User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 10344
Reviews: 125

Donate
Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:53 am
View Likes
ChrisCalaid says...



I tried to use space between some stanza's but it doesn't work...Plz, let me know if you know how it works...Maybe it might be because I copied it from somewhere?

Is it worth it?

This pain

This horror

This sadness

Just for one feel of happiness?


Is it worth it?

This loneliness

This depression

This helplessness

Just for a glimpse of how your hand feels to mine?


Is it all worth it?

This life

This family

This story I live in...

-----------------

Is it worth it?

The ache

The empty heart

The hopelessness

Just to love someone?


Is it worth it?

To love someone

To see them leave you?

To have a friend

To just have someone believing you aren't a weirdo?

Is it all worth it?

Yes, it is...

Author's note

I wonder a lot and I don't think that's bad...But if you feel like I ruin your day writing this poem I'm really sorry. I'm not good at writing something that might not ruin someones' mood...

I hope you enjoyed reading this :) Plz, post comments, and suggestions below.

Have a nice day!




starlitmind says...


Hey there! Putting stanzas in YWS poems can be tricky xD If you don't like putting the "----" between each stanza, here's a way you can do it without the dashes!

So in each line break, just space five times, and the line breaks should stay. Does that make sense? :D



ChrisCalaid says...


Okay! Thanks a lot!
Have a good day~



ChrisCalaid says...


P.S. I spaced five times but I don't think it works...



ChrisCalaid says...


@starlitmind
I spaced five times but I don't think it works..




Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard