Home » Literary works » Lyrics » Lyrical

Goblet of fire Song

by ChocolateCello

*Starts to do cup song with goblet of fire*

I've got my ticket for the Hogwarts Express

Two butterbeers for the way

And I sure would like some familiar company

So, Ron and Hermione what do you say?

With my wand (with my wand)

With my wand (with my wand)

I’m doin’ magic with my wand

Lumos and Stupefy

Wingardium Leviosa makes things fly,

Oh, I’m doin’ magic with my wand

Always the prettiest of views

It's got hills and little rivers

It's got surprises to give you shivers (oh)

We’ll be at Hogwarts when it’s through

With my wand (with my wand)

With my wand (with my wand)

I’m doin’ magic with my wand

Mufflito, people can’t  hear

Evanesco, things disappear

I’m doin’ magic with my wand

This train wasn’t made for muggle rides

Sure I'll ride it on my own

Because Hogwarts in my home

It’s where the fun and magic hides

With my wand (with my wand)

With my wand (with my wand)

I’m doin’ magic with my wand

Cristem Aperio, Colloportus,

Hexes, jinx', spells for us

I’m doin’ magic with my wand

With my wand (with my wand)

With my wand (with my wand)

I’m doin’ magic with my wand

So many spells to for us to use

Gosh, it’s just so hard to choose

Oh, I’m doin’ magic with my wand

Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:57 am
klennon14 says...

Oh my God, I nearly died laughing at this. Terrific! Great work!

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:16 am
Mysticalxx says...

I really like it! It's..........really nice and funny, and for some reason I don't know, nostalgic.
Just one thing I'd like to point out: you spelled one spell wrong. It's MUFFLIATO, not Mufflito.

Otherwise, AWESOME! Write some more!

Mysticalxx

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:10 pm
claire72 says...

Nice song, just to point out it says "Wingardium leviosa make things fly" and I'm not sure if you meant to say "makes". Nice song overall and good humor *thumbs up*

Whoops! Yeah, meant to say "makes". Thanks!

Snoops says...

No review. Just three words. I want more.

Dracula says...

Looooooooooooooooooooove it!

cleverclogs wrote a review...

Hello there, ChocolateCello (I play the viola btw)! Welcome to YWS! cleverclogs here for a Review Day review!

This is great. Right from the beginning, it had me laughing. It's so innovative and clever. I'd love to see it actually set to music. A+ for humor!

There are a couple of things that should be capitalized that aren't. For instance,

I've got my ticket for the hogwart express

"hogwart" should be capitalized (and it should also be "Hogwarts"). There are a couple more mistakes like this, but you can probably sort those out for yourself.

Overall, I really like the verses, but the chorus is a bit... dull. It's hard to say when it's not set to music, but as I'm reading it, it's bland and repetitive. A good chorus can be repetitive to some extent, but yours is a bit too repetitive. It's also very obvious. Of course you're doing magic with your wand. I wasn't expecting you to be doing it with a grapefruit. :P I wouldn't recommend just starting a new chorus from scratch, but maybe adding a few lines in the middle of it will make it more varied.

I'm wondering why all the lines are a little distance away from the edge of the page. Is it a copy-paste error? It's a bit visually unappealing.

Other than the things I pointed out, I really liked this. You obviously have a gift for humor, and I'd love to see more from you in the future! :) Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks for the input! I'll try to change the chorus up a bit at some point. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

IncohesiveScribbles wrote a review...

Dear ChocolateCello,

I LOVE this song. I sang the whole thing. Not only do I love Pitch Perfect, I also love Harry Potter. This is just the perfect combination. It is a little rough and awkward is a few places (specifically where the spells come in) but overall it flows well for a parody. The only lyrical critique I'm going to give is in the last two lines. Don't use Oh, both times. In the original song they use Oh the second time so keep it there. My advice would be to use another exclamatory word, Like My, or Wow. Of course this is your song and you don't have to change any of it if you don't want to. As always keep writing.

-Incohesive Scribbles

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:12 pm
racket says...

XD This is awesome! Your last two lines need to be capitalized, but other than that, this is great! Sorry, I'm not great at lyric reviews. *shrugs* Keep it up!
~racket

Oh whoops! Crap, I suck when it comes to capitalization (Oh and commas as you know). Thanks!

racket says...

Welcome!

Maybe I should say something quote-worthy, like, I dunno... "You can only be happy if you decide to be happy?"
— Necromancer14