Tiny Pieces

by ChimeraMania

Do you dare to understand

Do you dare to even care

You might just get burned

You might just get hurt

You might just feel the pain inside of her

Tell me why I have to be me?

Tell me why I have to be broken?

Into

Tiny pieces

Tell me what I have to be?

Tell me what I have to do?

To not be

Tiny pieces

Is it all that’s left?

Is it why you left?

These

Tiny pieces

What is left?

What can you even see?

Through all these

Tiny pieces

Can you see through my flaming light

You can see with all your might

But do you see the girl staring back at you

Don’t take step closer

You might step on her

You might lose her trust

You might lose all of her

You see the way that I am

You see me filling up with pain

Can you understand the pain

Why must you care when I don’t even try

Why must you understand everything

Its too much for me

Shouldn’t it be too much for you

Can you see behind the broken glass on the floor

I see you smile

It’s the reason I cry

I don’t want you to get hurt by me

I stand on my own

I can leave you alone

You will never see me

You will never understand

And I hope you don’t even care

(But do you)

Do you dare to understand

Do you dare to even care

You might just get burned

You might just get hurt

Tell me why I have to be me?

Tell me why I have to be broken?

Into

Tiny pieces

Tell me what I have to be?

Tell me what I have to do?

To not be

Tiny pieces

Is it all that’s left of me?

Is it why you left me?

With these

Tiny pieces

What is left of me?

What can you even see?

Through all these

Tiny pieces

ArcticMonkey wrote a review...

Hello, SharraeWilson!

I can definitely imagine these lyrics put along with some kind of tune, the rhythm is definitely there. I liked hook/chorus part which was repeated, and I also like the repetition of 'tiny pieces', as a whole I can see that being very effective.

Okay so personally, I really don't like all of the rhetorical questions. It makes the whole thing more whiny, and less appealing to the readers/listeners. A couple in the whole song is alright, but to have a lot is a bit annoying. It's just the fact that it makes the lyrics clearly directed at someone else, which makes it slightly awkward for me to read. Also, rhetorical questions shouldn't be used too often, or they lose their effect.

Having said that, something to use instead of rhetorical questions which I think would be fitting it some more imagery. 'Tiny pieces' is already a good start, but at the same time I've definitely heard that phrase many times before. I wouldn't say get rid of that because it does work well, but instead of all the questions you could replace them with negative imagery which fits in with the song such as 'shattering' 'broken' and all that.

Tell me why I have to be me?

Tell me why I have to be broken?

This little part confused me a bit. I thought it was addressed to one person, from another regarding themselves. A bit confusing, but basically why does it say 'her'. I thought the narrator was talking about how the other person made them so broken, so who is 'her'?

Overall, I liked these lyrics, I can definitely see these in a song. But I think there were just too many rhetorical questions, and not enough imagery. I hope this helps, feel free to ask me any questions or if you'd like another review on anything. Keep lyricing,

~ArcticMonkey x

ChimeraMania says...

Well what I was going for was basically the narrator is her and she's the one broken. That's why in another line it says 'But do you see the girl staring back at you.' In that line, I hope it was clear, that the girl is her.

ArcticMonkey says...

Yep yep, I gotcha xD. I was quite tired when I was reviewing this, sorry.

ChimeraMania says...

It's okay, thanks for the comment and all though

AMDDOG wrote a review...

Hi! Amddog here for a review!

I thought it was wonderful! I could imagine this as a song, so a lyric is how I would understand it. But, I'm completely insane, so there are many ways I understand everything. I couldn't find a lot of errors so I'm pretty sure you're set with those!

I love how you referenced tiny pieces every time you finished a.... I can't remember the word..... oh wait! Stanza! lol sorry. I think it was awesome! keep up the good work!

-Amddog

ChimeraMania says...

Thank you and honestly you don't seem that insane and of course repeating it after the stanza was genus, that's basically what I was going for. Thank you, again

awkwardadolescent wrote a review...

Hello SharraeWilson!
I shall start off by saying that this is a tremendous, meaningful piece of work and I really enjoyed reading it.

However, there were a few tiny parts where the flow seemed to be broken here and there.

Firstly, the way you made the phrase "Tiny Pieces" come in a single line was really innovative, however I would have personally liked it if the line before was included with the phrase altogether. I understand the effect you are trying to bring out, however, in this case, it was not really necessary.

Also, in the end, you repeated the first few paragraphs again, which can be putting off to a potential reader, since it was not necessary to repeat every thing. I have come across this style of poetry many times, even I implement it quite often, however, it would be more appreciated if the ending was shorter and not a huge paragraph of nothing but a point you have already made. It also gives the effect that the poem is longer which could scare off some of your readers.

Other than these points, I really liked the poem and found it extremely well written. You have great talent, and I hope to witness more of it. :)

Yours truly,
Awkward Adolescent XD

ChimeraMania says...

Thank and the reason, at the end, that it is repeated is because I wrote this in a lyrical form. As in meaning, it's more of a song than a poem. Which is also why "Tiny Pieces" is on a separate line. I will take your words into consideration. I get what you are saying about the flow being broken and I guess others will say the same thing, so I will work on that. Again thank you.

Oh yes. It does seem like a song now. XD Sorry about that.

ChimeraMania says...

It's okay

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright