z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Sun Will Rise

by Charizard821


The cool, the clear, the soft and light,

The rugged, the battered, the strong uphill fight,

The stars shining brilliantly in the sky every night,

And the fresh dew of morning to come,

Oh, my friend, the day never ends,

When each moment passes, a new one begins,

And yes, the sun will rise once again, 

And our hearts of gold, hatred will never bend

The fun, the pain, the sad and the great,

The people we love, the memories we create,

In spite of all this world's so-called hate,

These people and times are the best

Oh, my friend, the day never ends,

When each moment passes, a new one begins,

And yes, the sun will rise once again, 

And our hearts of gold, hatred will never bend

Yes every night comes, and darkness it brings,

On all our poor souls, both peasants and Kings,

But no darkness can foreshadow the things,

That bring back the light

Oh, my friend, the day never ends,

When each moment passes, a new one begins,

And yes, the sun will rise once again, 

And our hearts of gold, hatred will never bend

Oh, my friend, the day never ends, 

When each moment passes, a new one begins,

You may think it's time for goodbye,

But the truth is my friend, love never dies

The truth is my friend, the sun will rise 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
806 Reviews


Points: 1883
Reviews: 806

Donate
Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:57 am
Aley wrote a review...



Hey Charizard,

Nice to see you again.

So basically I think what's going on in this is that you're a bit too out of syncopation with reality. In my experience with songs they usually work because we have some sort of action that will draw us through the hook and keep us coming back. If we look at popular songs right now like "Cheerleader" then it's the guy telling the girls that they aren't good enough to make him cheat on his girlfriend. If we go back a ways to Queen, "We Will Rock You" is titled what they will do. They have that in common. Even in folk music it's drawing us back in with some sort of action hook.

I think why that is, is because an action, something that you're doing is going to be more memorable than something you say. It's sort of like the difference between Aesop's fable about the scorpion and the fox, and telling someone "People don't change" You're going to remember a story about a scorpion killing a fox who was helping him across a lake [thus killing himself] because he doesn't change over someone telling you "people don't change." Same thing here. If you give us a song that has an action, it's going to be more memorable than a poem that does not.

In brief, actions speak louder than words, show don't tell, create exact details about a situation that you're showing to us and we'll be better equipped to empathise with the situation as well as understand it, see it, remember it and believe it.

In this one you could improve it without rewriting it by taking away all of the conjunctions like "and" because they're sort of getting in the way. The singer can cover that up just because it's a melody. No need to keep it and weaken your points.

I hope this helps. It might be old hat to you by now since this was back in January, but I appreciate having something to review <3

Aley




Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:15 am
kunpuying says...



Love this Lyrical Poetry!! Very well done XD




Charizard821 says...


Thank you!



User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 251
Reviews: 16

Donate
Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:07 am
NightOwl wrote a review...



Hello!
I just wanted to say first off that I absolutely loved this! I see so many poems about depression and anxiety, that I found this poem filled with so much positivity very refreshing, haha. It flowed and it has a great rhythm, and the overall message is very beautiful! People do tend to see the more negative things in life before the positive, but this poem helps clear the clouds in their eyes. Very well done! I hope to read more of your work!

~Owl




Charizard821 says...


Thank you!



User avatar
75 Reviews


Points: 235
Reviews: 75

Donate
Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:56 am
summerlovee wrote a review...



Hello :) I really really loved this Lyrical Poetry! I can already hear the soft acoustic guitar strumming along and these 'lyrics' feel raw and have so many emotions behind them so it will be a perfect fit. That is if you intended it to be a song. :p
The flow is so so so good, it doesn't feel forced and the verse which you repeat is incredible.
I love how you keep hings realistic with mentioning the dark side of the world and the days which feel like they're never going to get better. But you perfectly contrast it with the certainty that when darkness falls, there will soon be sunrise. And I love it so much.
Thank you for sharing this :)




Charizard821 says...


Oh my gosh, I had no idea just how supportive this site could be.



User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 265
Reviews: 14

Donate
Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:56 pm
View Likes
TheTruth52732 wrote a review...



Dear Charizard,
I must say that this poem, just changed my mood for the day. My car was just repossessed, and I was losing faith in the people of this world. However, the way this poem was written ripped my heart apart. The way you went back and forth between the ups and downs of every day. I'm honestly very impressed with your work. Yet, extremely surprised that you were able to put the matter of life into words being that you are fourteen and a giant orange Japanese dragon. Can you please send me this poem at dogboyoops@yahoo.com I wish to turn it into an inspiration picture, frame it, and hang it in my apartment. If so what do you want me to put for your signature.

Sincerely The Truth.




Charizard821 says...


!!! I AM SO HONOURED! It is amazing to think that you'd like my poem in your apartment. I will submit it ASAP. As for the signature, I'm not sure yet.



User avatar


Points: 267
Reviews: 4

Donate
Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:00 am
cupofink wrote a review...



This was absolutely lovely to read, thank you for that! I think with the right instrumentals this would be a song that would be quite popular among certain people. I loved how consistent this work is, I could never create a poem this long and have it be the same good quality all the way through. Apart from the excessive commas (which is just a matter of preference really!) I don't think there's much to improve with this. Please do write more, this poem made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)




Charizard821 says...


Thank you! It feels great to here, but if you like it, be sure to tap that 'Like' button for me! Thanks so much again!



cupofink says...


Oh, I didn't even realise I haven't liked it! You're welcome :)



Charizard821 says...


Thanks for the like. I really appreciate it!



User avatar
76 Reviews


Points: 1666
Reviews: 76

Donate
Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:54 am
PaperNessa wrote a review...



Oh lyrical poetry. How you fuel the world.

I really enjoyed reading this. Everything was rhythmically coherent. I loved the juxtaposition between the struggles and the promise of a new day. I could relate. I think many can relate. In terms of grammar and such, you may have gone a bit comma-happy. It's up to you on your preference of structure but since it is a poem, you could drop many of the commas. The commas are needed for two things: to follow grammar rules and create pauses. I see you followed the grammar rules, however; it's a poem. They often interrupt the flow of the lyrics. That is just me though. Do as you wish; I'm sure it will be great.

Best wishes,
Em




Charizard821 says...


Thank you so much! And yeah, I do tend to go comma-happy.




The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown