z

Young Writers Society


18+ Language Violence Mature Content

How Do You Plead: 8.3

by Brigadier


Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language, violence, and mature content.

Winslow clung to the wall as he saw a staring contest beginning between Rosemary and Maxwell. It was clearly a situation they had been in before, not minding the spy as an observer to their little bout. He carefully took the cap off the bottle of whiskey, taking a long drink, and sinking down against the wall.

Maybe he would have to be content with staring into the sunset while a silent-

“Well Rosemary are you just going to stand there or are you going to introduce yourself Mr. Smith by explaining that you’re an exotic dancer when company is around?”

They shifted a bit in their sharp heels, the miniature kilt swaying just slightly in the wind. Rather than answer Maxwell, Rosemary turned around sharply and offered their hand to Winslow. He took another drink of the whiskey, offering the bottle to Rosemary as he took their hand. It took Winslow a minute to steady himself and stop the room from spinning once he was up. And he could feel that other parts of him were up too.

In a slick Southern drawl he said, “It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Rosemary.” His voice hitched for a second as he hesitated to make a bad joke by saying, “I-I like your kilt.”

“Your suit is nice too, handsome,” Rosemary remarked as they took a sip of the offered whiskey. “Is there a mirror in your pants though?”

From the distant patio chair Maxwell asked, “Why the fuck would there be a mirror in his pants, Rosemary? Why is that the way that you’re starting your flirtation with him?”

The mini kilt wearer didn’t turn around to answer Maxwell. Their steady gaze remained on Winslow as they repeated their line.

“Well is there a mirror in your pants or not? Because I sure can see myself in them.”

“I think that they’d look better on your bedroom floor than actually being on you.” Winslow paused as he held back a laugh and then continued, “I think I would prefer to be the one on you.”

He could see the light bit of blush rising in Rosemary’s cheeks and he thought about what he might do if Maxwell wasn’t present. It was getting harder and harder to remember that Maxwell was present with every swish of Rosemary’s hips. In fact, he was reminded of the young Scot’s presence as they were asked, “Hey! Am I allowed to have any of that whiskey? Or are you two just going to make eyes at each other?”

“No!” They had answered the young Scot in unison, and Winslow blushed a bit himself when he continued to exchange looks with Rosemary. He was trying to be a responsible adult in Maxwell’s life and soon realized the kid already had one.

“No I can’t have any whiskey? Or no you two aren’t making eyes at each other?” asked the smirking Maxwell.

To avoid answering that question Winslow stepped back inside to steal a glass, which he soon filled and presenting to the young man lounging about on a patio chair.

“It’s too bad that Scotland doesn’t allow me to invoke Fifth Amendment rights.”

Maxwell sighed at Winslow’s joke but Rosemary asked, “What wouldn’t you want to say in front of my brother?”

“There’s just some things I don’t feel comfortable saying in front of the sibling of such a beautiful woman,” Winslow paused to move across the patio and whisper in her ear. “I might get carried away with my flirtations and have to show you how much I appreciate your body.”

He stepped away from Rosemary to get the whiskey bottle back from Maxwell. Winslow filled up his own glass and made one for the lady as well, still unsure how they liked to refer to themself. Granted that was a detail that he could ask once they were on their way to bed, instead of the awkward glances and sighs that they were dealing with right now.

“A little bit of whiskey can help to calm your nerves, Rosemary. And you look just a little bit nervous,” Winslow commented as he passed the glass over.

His own lips trembling with a touch of nervousness as he took the first sip of the new glass. Maybe it was too much too soon to whisper his dirty thoughts into Rosemary’s ear. Their combined amount of blushing was a deeper red than the tomatoes back home. In light of the growing stress on his pants, Winslow moved his thoughts back to the memories of his home. There were plenty of vegetables and animals and crops to think about from back on the farm. Images of cows being born though sent his stomach into the other direction, where the spy was more tempted to throw up. He quickly turned around and bent over the balcony, coughing as vomit came out of his mouth and he sent out a silent prayer that no one was below.

“Are you okay?” Rosemary asked once again, with her sharp fingers curling around his shoulder. “Winslow, is there anything I can do to help you?”

Once again he found himself holding back all of the smart remarks that came to mind. He was trying to relieve the pressure in his lower regions without relieving the pressure inside of someone. It could be just a quick fuck with Rosemary but he didn’t want to mess up her makeup - he knew how much time it took to apply all of that masterpiece. And from the first second he had looked into those wonderful eyes Winslow had been wondering if this could be something more than a blow job in a maid’s closet.

“No, I’m quite alright,” Winslow answered as he was choking on his own breath. No more of his comments could escape his lips before the stomach acid was burning his throat once again.

After the combined coughing and vomiting spell had ended, Winslow turned about on his heel, wiping his lips with the handkerchief in his breast pocket, and he quickly took another sip of his whiskey.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
382 Reviews


Points: 15691
Reviews: 382

Donate
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:57 pm
Dreamy wrote a review...



I'm sorry I keep saying this. But chapter 7 and chapter 8 feels like two different stories.

I was just rooting for Winslow, what is he doing here in the party and thinking all these dirty thoughts of Rosemary?!

I like Maxwell, the kid is funny. He had some pretty good one-liners. What I thought odd was, there's a party going on and there's no mention of the music or the lights or the general sense of how it looked. We only got to know what it meant to Winslow, is that enough though, if so, ignore my questioning it. Only I thought the music and lightings could add more to the ambience. Also, how did Maxwell and Winslow end up alone or were they even alone before Rosemary came and joined them?

Winslow moved his thoughts back to the memories of his home. There were plenty of vegetables and animals and crops to think about from back on the farm. Images of cows being born though sent his stomach into the other direction, where the spy was more tempted to throw up.


I also thought it was odd for him to be thinking of home when he was drunk and bleeding and aroused. Immediate reaction would be to concentrate on whatever is in front of them, it'd make more sense especially since they are standing outside. Here you could mention music amplifying his urge to throw up, more.

Just a suggestion though.

Keep writing!

Cheers! :D




Dreamy says...


Hey, just realised that your chapters are covering two different timelines! I'm apologise for any ignorant comments made regarding the timelines. _/\_



User avatar
207 Reviews


Points: 2577
Reviews: 207

Donate
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:57 pm
Rin321 wrote a review...



Hello! Rin321 back once again, I'm starting to get caught up with your chapters!

The beginning started to make things clearer, I'm getting the picture now haha.
Maxwell aghhhh he's judging but he's a kid XD
I can clearly imagine the whole situation, but poor Winslow is just there on the wall with a battered forehead frigging drunk, this doesn't sound like it will bode well though >.>
They're both flirting and the back of my mind is mad bc I want him with James, but this is the past soooo can't do anything about that.

It's nice to see he's trying to restrain but this buildup is gonna led up to something in the next chapter- Winslow buddy you better take a step back from the bottle >.>

I'm excited to keep reading! There has to be something because there had to be a reason for this whole flashback, and I'm ready to see just that!

Once again nothing I would change or errors grammatically!

Great job!
~Rin321




User avatar
1735 Reviews


Points: 91980
Reviews: 1735

Donate
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:44 pm
BluesClues wrote a review...



From the distant patio chair Maxwell asked, “Why the fuck would there be a mirror in his pants, Rosemary? Why is that the way that you’re starting your flirtation with him?”


Maxwell "I Know About Sex" Bruce not recognizing a pickup line that even *I* recognize. Because she can see herself in them, Maxwell. That's why. I feel like there needs to be a "you must be this tall to ride the ride" kind of sign by every dude Maxwell might want to hit on at this party, only instead of "you must be this tall to ride the ride" it'd say something like "you must understand this pickup line to hit on me."

Maybe it was too much too soon to whisper his dirty thoughts into Rosemary’s ear.


Well, I certainly think so, but Winslow thinks with his johnson and doesn't care what I think, so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I love Winslow trying to cool off by thinking about the farm. Whatever happened to the good old standby of "grandma in the shower?"

He was trying to relieve the pressure in his lower regions without relieving the pressure inside of someone.


Honestly, good, because, like, look, I know before I was worried about James hopping into people's beds when he's clearly not in a good place mentally, but, like...Winslow maybe even more so should not be jumping into people's beds, ever, because he's pretty much never in a good place mentally. It seems like he's using sex, and maybe even falling in love quickly, as a coping mechanism, which is...not great.




User avatar
1487 Reviews


Points: 154417
Reviews: 1487

Donate
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:03 am
IcyFlame wrote a review...



There was another of your works in the green room! Huzzah!

It definitely helped that I'd read the last section as this was much easier to get into.

He carefully took the cap off the bottle of whiskey, taking a long drink, and sinking down against the wall


I really enjoy how much Winslow loves his whiskey.

“Well Rosemary are you just going to stand there or are you going to introduce yourself Mr. Smith by explaining that you’re an exotic dancer when company is around?”

I think you mean ‘introduce yourself to Mr Smith’

They shifted a bit in their sharp heels, the miniature kilt swaying just slightly in the wind. Rather than answer Maxwell, Rosemary turned around sharply and offered their hand to Winslow. He took another drink of the whiskey, offering the bottle to Rosemary as he took their hand. It took Winslow a minute to steady himself and stop the room from spinning once he was up. And he could feel that other parts of him were up too.
In a slick Southern drawl he said, “It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Rosemary.” His voice hitched for a second as he hesitated to make a bad joke by saying, “I-I like your kilt.”


I had to reread this whole section for a bit to work out who was talking. Maybe you could be more specific.

His own lips trembling with a touch of nervousness as he took the first sip of the new glass.


Should be ‘trembled’ or remove ‘as’.

Winslow turned about on his heel, wiping his lips with the handkerchief in his breast pocket, and he quickly took another sip of his whiskey.


Haha love the whisky!

Hope this has been helpful.

Icy.





The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus