Example Poem #1

by CaptainJack

How to format poetry?
Is it as simple as relying
on the html codes of days past?
Or should we instead, go the
route of keyboard functions
that are even less well known?

Shift + Enter isn't that bad.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:21 pm
stygianmoon17 wrote a review...

I was gonna comment on the title and how it just makes you seem either insanely lazy and just a I-don't-give-a-shit-about-my-poem feel to this or insanely creative.

And then I opened the poem and saw it and began reading it and stared slowly back up at the title.. and I still can't figure if it's a joke or something that goes perfectly hand in hand with the rest of the poem.

It is rather poetic this little bit of text, when you realise it has nothing to do with a poem except it indeed has a title. It's poetic as the bit of text talks about how to format poetry, it almost feels like it's making a commentary on how people try so very hard to think about how to technically achieve a poem as if they were building an ikea table, thinking about how they should rely on html codes or on keyboards, without taking in account what makes poetry so unique: basically, the raw emotion behind it.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:18 am
Vil wrote a review...

Thank you for making formatting videos to help out other YWSers! c:

You've combined normal YWS formatting with the hidden tricks within the system that people don't talk about to write a really neat poem! I might recommend putting your video/videos that go with each Example Poem at the end of the poem or in the comments for easy access; most people aren't going to want to scroll endlessly through walls to find them, y'know? Just a though :P

Have a nice [*insert time of day here*]!!!

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle