Choices

by Book_Worm_113

It's not very good, it kindof died, I realize now I should have chose a diffrent rhyming pattern, but maybe there's still hope for this poem,
what can I do to make it at least a little better...?

-------------------------------------------------

Choices made are choices lived.
You get back whatever you give
When your down and feeling blue
The blame lies within you

Experience the closing of the door
Step over the cracks in the floor
Singing karaoke lets you get along
yet, you still may never know the song

Help is there if you take it in
Only you know where to begin
Lose it while you're on the road
try to keep moving with your load

Standing barefoot in the sand
Feet will burn without a hand
So dance a cool dance
Avoid the tip of the lance

Choices made are choices lived.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:26 am
Foreseer wrote a review...

Very interesting, the good way, of course. The rhythm flows well, but it kind of rushes here and there. A few grammar mistakes, but that can be fixed. I like the choice of words, though. Remember, "choices made are choices lived." :wink:

Shadowstalker wrote a review...

Ooooh boy. Where to start? Grammar is a -must- dear. It would help alot, otherwise readers just ....jerk from one line to the next, or each verse runs into the previous as the lines all meld together as though there was no pausing for breath and the rhythm was the only thing that indicated that the next line what about to begin but you couldn't really tell because you were too busy trying to get to the bottom of the poem before you ran out of breath from asphyxiation. *gasp*

You see my point? Also, don't do the reverse and put, way too much punctuation into your poem. Then things, just like, tend to stop, and start, and have a very, jerky, rhythm.

Generally, a pretty good poem. Don't change the wording, but punctuation could polish it up ALOT. Make it shine, so to speak.

First stanza;
Choices made are choices lived;
you get back whatever you give.
When you're down and feeling blue
the blame lies within you.

That's the sort of changes I'd make. You don't usually put capital letters in random places in a sentence, and since a poem has sentences in them, albeit in a different structure, Why would you do the same with a poem?
Eek, I just realised that in the sole poem I did the very thing I'm saying -not- to do...*shame* My bad. But aaaaanways, pressing on...>_>

I liked the last line, how you repeated the first, but I -dont- like how the first is a sentence all on it's own. Hence why I showed an alteration to it. What that seemingly random period does, for me, is jutters that line out of sync with the rest of the stanza, nay, poem.

That's just the alterations I'd make, your choice of course, but just a little nudge in the right direction.

Tata mwa!

Alainna wrote a review...

I liked this poem, it kept my attention really well.

Some of it was a bit...out of place, as though you were rhyming for the sake of it. For example:

Feet will burn without a hand

I really liked this:
Experience the closing of the door
Step over the cracks in the floor

It fits well into what the piece is about.
Maybe try and clean up the last stanza, it's what lets the piece down.

Great work,
Alainna
xxxxxx

Put me in the fqluote generator. I say wise things.
— RigoTheHacker