Beyond the Sea

by Bjorn

A little ditty I wrote some time back.

Across the Western Ocean,
Beyond the Misty Seas,
Past Enchanted Isles
And against the Eastward breeze:

You'll come to lamplit quays
In a twilight time,
A harbour in the gloaming;
You'll hear an Elfin rhyme.

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:57 am
Bjorn says...

Please, Please! I don't want any blood shed on my account! :o

Thank-you Dreamy, yes, he does! Perhaps it can get stale after a while, but his works are just too inspiring. Besides, I'm doing only what Tolkien wished later generations would do, that is to wield art and poetry and music etc. concerning his works. However, as is already known, not all of my poetry revolves around them :wink: I have a new inspiration in my life now... :oops:

Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:45 am
Dream Deep wrote a review...

I think Tolkein does a lot for your poetry, Bjorn. ^_~ You have a very definite voice and style, which is quite involving.

Sohini: pistols at dawn for number-one-fan-dom. :wink:

Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:33 pm
Bjorn says...

Thank-you very much Sohini! You are without a doubt my number one fan! (If I may be so bold as to say so). :lol:

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:24 am
Sohini says...

a magical and enchanting poem. you can really capture the old-world/ middle-earth charm in you words. and as always, short and sweet! you should reallly come up with a book titled 'an anthology of Short, sweet and magical poems by Bjorn'.

meow!

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone