Home » Literary works » Poetry » Spiritual

Righteous tears of solemn Saints

by Benji

Lord, administer your grace to us now, we need it ever so. Hell's gates burns the hands of tempted saints as we are brought down lo' "forgive us" we cry out now, "cause us to feel contrite" we plea, for our flesh has grown callous, the result of our unnumurable inniquity. Then, his light, shewn fourth upon our face. in our hour of misery, the Lord foresaw a moment for grace. Oh how we so easily forget, we mourn over commited sin already after forgiveness sets in as if we have doubts about his perfect provisions. Oh Lord have mercy. Also help us to follow the path you set, and when we depart cause us to veer back in regret, for you are the shepard over the blind flock, and like the wind in the sail of a stubborn old faring.

For the blind sheep you are as a kind and careful master over them, they know not where they tread but in your fatherlike tenderness you guide and carrol them about, sometimes one or two will become mislead down a path, but you pursue them and return with great mercy and resounding glory.

For the stubborn faring you are a consistent wind to guide them and sometimes it is against their will, but, othertimes it is with their unknowing submission that they go where you intend them, oh how innumerable is the scale of your patience and great is your mercy, blessed over all are those who follow you and 'willingly' (knowingly) do so.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:36 pm
EverLight wrote a review...

I'm probably a little late, but welcome to Y.W.SI guess, I'm a little late in welcoming you. I am Katnes, and I've been here for around two, three years, so you'll see a lot of me around here, and I like to think of myself as a professional writer. (If you've ever end up reading one of my works, you'll see why)
Please don't hesitate to PM me about anything. If you decide not to that's fine. I understand. Just know I'm here for you.
My favorite things to watch are Avengers, Voltron: Legendary Defenders, and Star Wars.
My favorite things are, cats, Astronomy, reading writing and the outdoors, but above all I love Jesus Christ.
Now, the thing you need to remember about me, is that I am much more intelligent then I seem. So don't ever underestimate me.
If you want to find out more about me, try reading what I've written.
Finally! Someone who loves high English literature! That's a rare someone to find I assure you! Anyway, I couldn't find any problems with your work. Honestly this was beautiful. I cannot believe that was written in modern times. Bravo.

Benji says...

While I appreciate the welcome and that you read it, I really don't think that this is technically a review of my piece as much as it is you talking about yourself, I would be okay with it if this wasn't labeled as a review because it just feels like you pasted a biography and then copied something the other review had.

Benji says...

EverLight says...

I see. I'm sorry. I'll give this a real review later. Bye the way, I didn't copy a word.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:41 am
MJRutherford wrote a review...

Can't believe I have found another author who appreciates this high English style of religious of literature. I appreciate your grasp of liturgical middle English - it doesn't come across as too dense or ingenuine. I'd like to know more about the inspiration behind this work and if there are any historical precedents that this piece is based off?

Benji says...

Thank you for the kind words, and I could say the same for you! I had no basis for this piece other than a need to write out something I was feeling that would resonate with earlier christian writings and thought. Up until now i hadn't been able to find any current writers keeping that tradition and those old writings have been something I've absorbed for so long that it reflects in my work i would assume. Again, thanks a lot for the review!

Benji says...

Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 am
Benji says...

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell