new evil is born

by Beleis

A New Evil Is born

The journey begins

On the planet Tera a scientist worked day and night to locate the fountain of youth and to stop death once and for all. Whilst searching through many ancient manuscripts, Drake found an ancient map that showed the way to the magic world where Tera’s Gods reside. The main God was named Tera and was the guardian of the fountain of youth.

Drake was determined to make his way to the fountain of youth because he wanted to save his father who was sixty five years old and was dying of old age. Drake’s mother had pleaded with her clever son to help save his father.

Drake took the maps and a few of his juniors and ten bodyguards, and set off towards the location of doorway that led to the magic world. A few weeks later the team found their way to the doorway. The doorway was a wavy barrier that could only be entered by those without fear.

Trance was Drake’s strongest bodyguard and closest friend, he had long spiky black hair and red eyes he was fearless, brave, smart, strong and he was 6 foot 5 and he had strong build It was Trance who was the only member of the group that could pass through the magic barrier. When Trance got though the barrier, he pressed a switch, which deactivated the barrier so that the group could get through. After a while of following the map they got through a cave where an extremely bright light temporarily blinded them all. When the group got their eyesight back they looked up at a volcano, there was no other way around it, so they started to climb the towering inferno. It was getting hot extremely fast they were taking off layers of clothing and leaving them. By the time they had reached the summit it was getting dark. They had to climb down into the crater of the volcano, while climbing down Trance saw a path “follow me I can see a path” he shouted.

When the group got onto the path they saw a tunnel, and started to make their way towards the entrance. Whilst going through the tunnel, they heard a rumbling sound above their heads, as they looked towards the way they had just come they saw boulders blocking their way back. The group decided to move forwards. As soon as they got out of the tunnel, some smaller rocks landed down by their feet. “Everybody run” roared Trance. Everybody ran their fastest just as an avalanche started to gain on them. Trance went back to help the stragglers along and pushed them forwards. Trance continued to help his group members to escape the avalanche but four bodyguards were lost, while trying to save some other members from the avalanche.

After a while the group started to set up camp. While the others did this Trance went patrolling around the campsite to see if there were threats to the group. The next morning the group were minus their four bodyguards, which meant they were more vulnerable from an enemy attack. Drake checked to see how far they were away from the fountain. The group were fifteen miles away from their destination.

Farewell to a good friend

The next part of the journey took the group through a village of black Magus, who were the guardians of blue and black magic. They stayed in this village for two weeks to learn how to use the magic. Only two members of the group were allowed to learn about this magic. Black magic was Drake and blue magic was Trance. The magic they learn to use would help them unlock the doorway to the fountain of youth. The magic could be channeled into physical objects, such as swords and staffs. The Magus were surprised by how quickly Trance learned the magic, but Drake took a bit longer.

Now the group were ready to face all their fears and moved on towards their final destination. They were making good time and managed to put five miles behind them in one morning and set up camp for the night. While everyone was setting up the tents, Trance was checking the area for any other signs of danger. He was making his way back to the campsite when he heard a scream, Trance ran back to the campsite and he saw his group gathered around someone in the circle. The person was Drake. When he caught sight of Drake, he saw that his skin was changing and going black. Horns were growing out of Drake’s head at odd angles. There were also horns growing out of Drake’s arms, which would later act as weapons against the group. Trance asked Drake why this was happening to him, and Drake replied” it was to do with the black magic, which I should never have learned”.

Trance shouted at the group to run away, as fast as they could. Drake continued to transform and sprouted wings from his back and he soared though the sky, picking off members of the group one by one. Drake let out a deafening scream which made the entire group stop in there tracks. Drake dug his claws into one of the bodyguards and carried him off and sunk his teeth into his flesh and killed him. “Keep running do not look back just keep going” shouted Trance.

After an hour only two members of the original group were left alive Trance and Drake. They were now sworn enemies and they never got to the fountain. The two split up as Trance no longer trusted Drake, and they made their own way back home.

When Drake returned home he found that his father had died. Drake’s anger made the transformations continue and become much more evil and sinister, and he slaughtered the entire village in one quick spell that turned everything in a 2 mile radius turn into a lifeless wasteland, and then Drake started to create a army but for the number that he needed he would have construct it in secret so he decide to go to the under world to recruit all evil that was there and create some as well to unfold his evil plan.

The training begins

Trance was making his way back the black Magus village were he could explain what happen to Drake and to the other members of the group. When Trance arrived the Magus was expecting him “what has happen to you and the other members of your group” asked the village chief?

“Drake did it he killed everyone apart from me, he is scared of me” shouted Trance, Trance fell down on his knees and pounded the ground with his fists in a furious rage cracks in the ground started to appear and with one last punch he made a huge craters “ this is odd no mere human should have this kind of strength if you have this strength then you can’t be human” said the Magus of strength, “What strength” asked Trance. “please train me so I can stop whatever Drake is planning” pleaded Trance .When Trance had finished saying this the Magus were shocked by his proposal but however they said yes.

“we will start your training tomorrow and your first lesson is choosing what weapon you will have and channeling both blue and black magic into it there will be two lessons from us and then you must go around to the gods of Tera in this realm to learn from them and receive a new piece of equipment for arsenal against Drake” told the elder Magus. Trance was a bit shocked by how quick they decided on his request.

The next day Trance was up early and was doing some warm up excises when it was 9’o'clock it was his first lesson “well let us begin chose your weapon out of these” exclaimed the high Magus .

“Which one to chose there they look so powerful and so light” said Trance in amazement it took him half an hour to decide between them all, and finally he chose the twin dragon spirit swords. “Now that you have finally chosen you can practice channeling your magic of black and blue into them, but first practice using them, by going into the wilderness for a day or so and come back and show me” exclaimed the warrior Magus. Trance went out into the wilderness and began his training with the powerful swords. Along the way he came across a large boulder blocking his path so Trance decided to cut his way though the boulder in front of him. He got the swords from their resting place on his back, he cut the boulder in an x fashion and yet he did not hear anything but when he turned around the boulder was still in one whole piece. When Trance lowered the swords the boulder fell apart in front of him, Trance was a bit shocked when he saw this “ it seems like when I attack with these swords my speed increases, a lot so it takes a few seconds for them to any affect on the object ”Trance said wonder. In the next few days, Trance trained with the dragon spirit swords and mastered them really quickly. It took Trance an extra day to get back to the Magus village because he was so tried from the training he had done over the past few days. “How did your training go up in the mountains? And have you mastered the twin swords” asked the warrior Magus

“It was great I mastered both swords very quickly and came up a few energy attacks from the swords” explained Trance “here let me show you” and when Trance had finished saying this, the swords leaped from his back and into his hands “dragon fire” shouted Trance and fire came out from the swords and took from of a enormous dragon and destroyed the mountain behind the village. The next day Trance was getting ready for his second lesson “this is your last lesson from us is too channeling the magic of black and blue into the twin dragon swords” said the elder Magus so all day Trance practiced without a rest or any thing to eat or drink by 6 o’clock he had mastered channeling his magic into his weapons. “I’ve done it I have finally mastered the magic into these magnificent weapons” roared Trance happily.

“Now you must go north for 3 days and you should see a huge tower go to the door and say this o lord god of strength help me to stop this evil , if the doors opens you can go in but there are some traps so you will need to be on toes all the time it is a 8 hour clime to the gods chamber” said Magus leader. Trance set out latter that day and began his three day walk to the god strength tower.

While Trance was doing this Drake was getting more and more demons vampires werewolves and any other evil that come to him, he started to his fortress in the ruins of his old village which he obliterated with one spell. Once a month Drake would transform a bit more and after a while he started to forget his past and he changed his name to kazorge lord of all evil and despair, but unaware to Drake Trance was training to stop him in his tracks from destroying Tera and creating a new world were chaos rules over all it touches.

Tower of power

At last Trance was a few minutes away from the tower were the god of strength resided. When he got there he shouted what the Magus said to him “o lord god of strength help me stop this evil”, roared Trance. He waited a few minutes and the doors burst open in front of him. “I have to be really careful now there are traps every where” said Trance. He picked up a stone and threw it in front of him and loads of arrows flew out of every angle. Trance went to the edge and climbed his way along the staircase and the arrows went straight past him and he did not get hurt. Trance pulled himself up back onto the stair case and walked carefully to the next floor. Trance did the same thing again but nothing happen; he walked up a bit more and the path behind him was falling away, so Trance ran at full speed and when just about near the end of the second floor an Orc jumped in front of him blocking the way up. Trance ripped his swords out of the holding slits on his back and got them ready. “X slash ” shouted Trance and he carried on running; he turned around and lowered his swords and the Orc was slashed to pieces. Black blood spurted everywhere. The path gave way beneath the corpse and it fell back to the first floor. Trance realized he had four more steps to go to the third floor he carried on running when he got there.

Trance decided to have some of the food the Magus gave him but he had six more hours to go until he reached the chamber of the god of strength. Trance sat himself against the wall and went to sleep for a few hours. Later that night, Trance continued his climb of the tower. When he reached the third floor door Trance opened it slowly. Once again he picked up a stone and threw it along the path but nothing happened so he picked up another stone and threw in the air which set off a swarm of axes. Trance had to go over the edge again so he climbed past the axes and when he pulled himself back he was nowhere near the door to the fourth floor “ how odd I thought I would be there by now ” whispered Trance. He started to walk up the staircase when he heard something above him moving very silently and fast “show yourself you coward” shouted Trance.

Trance continued to clime the tower but looking behind him now and again and above him as well when he finally saw the door to the fourth floor door he still had four more hours to go until he was at the chamber of the god of strength was, suddenly something jumped down from above him and “ get ready to die” said the odd creature he had changed the terrain into a plain “ I have taken us here for our fight get ready to die” shouted the odd creature he drew out his swords “ you leave me no choice but tell me something who sent you” shouted Trance “ the god sent me to test you if you beat me I will join you to stop the one who you call Drake” answered the odd creature “ deal” shouted Trance.

Trances twin blades leaped from his back into his hands “ power of fire come” Trance shouted it was channeled into the blades and they went on fire “ brace yourself because your going to need to if want to stay in one piece!” explained Trance. He jumped into the sky and so did the odd creature and started there fright in the sky Trance attacked fiercely with a barrage of slash this way and that and the creature blocked them all until one of his broke into pieces the creature went back to the ground “get back here” roared Trance and trance went after him, they fell to the ground at high speeds Trance had caught up but the odd creature was waiting for him “ grim reaper ” shouted the odd creature and his weapons transformed into a giant scythe. He cut though the air and a big shock-wave hit Trance right in the side and he fell down to the ground and hit it hard, “ I will get you back for that one ” screamed Trance he jumped back up “ it’s time to finish this, supreme Dragon fire Explosion ” shouted Trance. A giant dragon covered in fire crashed landed from space “ TIME TO DIE ” roared the giant dragon it spread its wings and flew into the sky “ I cant doge it the blast zone is to big” cried the odd creature it exploded right in front of him, was going to blast him into orbit

“hang on” Shouted Trance “dragon give me your wings” pleaded Trance the dragon charged Trance and gave him his wings Trance went at full speed to get him in time “almost there” screamed Trance he threw out his hand towards the odd creature “give me your hand” asked Trance the odd creature gave him his hand and Trance flew back to the ground when they got there feet on the ground they collapsed on the ground from exhausted. When they woke up they were back inside the tower and were on the final level “the fight must blasted us up to the last level of the tower” whispered Trance.

“Well I said if you beat me I would join you to stop Drake and so I join you oh and by the way my name is Black Panther” shouted Black Panther Trance and Black Panther got up and made the final steps to the door where the god is.

“ YOU HAVE PAST ALL OF THE TESTS I HAVE PUT TOWARDS YOU AND THE ONE WHICH YOU JUST DID PROVED YOU ARE WORTHY BY DEFEATING BLACK PANTHER AND SAVING HIS LIFE YOU CAN ENTER MY CHAMBER ” bellowed the god both trance and black panther looked at each and then looked back at the door and it was opening very slowly golden light broke though the opening door. When the door had fully opened there was a giant throne in the middle of the room and the god of strength was sitting in it

“WELCOME TO MY CHAMBER I HAVE THE POWER WHICH YOU SEEK BUT YOU MUST TRAIN UNDER MY GUIDANCE FOR A MONTH BOTH OF YOU WILL” exclaimed the god of strength so for the next month they trained none stop and they pushed themselves to their limit and beyond until they were at their braking point. When they had packed up there supplies and there bedding the god of strength gave to them the 1st sacred talisman which was a piece of paper with an ancient spell on it which was

Loq teng itza gar gore tlacks kai

Tza mundi orks zlat kie lock hexs

Elements come to me bring me a weapon that will bring me glory and forge me some amour to defend me

SAY THIS CHANT IN THE ANCIENT TONGUE FIRST AND THEN YOU WILL GET THE EQUIPMENT WHICH YOU DESIRE!” shouted the god of strength and with that said and done he teleported Trance and Black Panther down

“ to the bottom of the tower and they made their way back to the Magus village

The destroyed village

And

Telling of the prophecy

Along the way back to the village they decided to take a detour which black panther knew they were going to black panthers home village which was called Xaterland it took them a couple of days to get there because they had to over the mountain of SOTEK the panther god. When they had finally gotten though the last gateway they looked down onto the village they were expecting to see a beautiful village but it now lied in ruins they ran down the mountain gaining speed as they went when they were right over it they jumped into the air and landed just outside of it they carried on running. When they entered it was clear that a fight went on here there were claw marks all along the buildings bodies of Black panthers villagers, after a while of looking for some survivors they found the statue of SOTEK open and a giant egg was in there the egg had some strange markings of a silver panther with black markings going form the forehead to the tip of his tail and some one was on his back with a sword in each hand and golden hair floating behind him. “we have to take this egg” said Trance “because something inside it is calling to me”, “What do you think is calling you from inside it” asked Black Panther “I think it is SOTEK the Panther god given from and I think the man on his back is me” answered Trance. They continued to talk on this matter on the way back to the Magus village they took turns on guard for anything that looks like an enemy. When they arrived at they village the Magus saw them coming they ran out to greet them “what’s wrong” asked the Magus

“ Xaterland it has been destroyed ” roared Black panther “ wh wh what you cant be serious I was there a week ago and it was still standing ” exclaimed the Magus of knowledge “ well it’s not there NOW ” shouted Black panther “ there was a egg in the center of the village we decided to take it with us ” exclaimed Trance they made there to the entrance of the village “ is this the legendary egg of Sotek the panther god, look at these inscriptions on the egg it is a prophecy saying that a man not of this magic world would come and become a god and master the savage panther god ” said the Magus of knowledge “ Trance this is about you as soon as you have finished your training bring all of the talismans and place around the alter and say each chant that the gods have given you they will then activate the talismans and the egg will hatch at the end of the ceremony you will be turned into the god of all gods the Enforcer of light. “ wow, so what happened to the village then” wondered Trance. “ I think that it might have been drake he can now pass between this world, your world and the underworld, he will become your god opposite enforcer of darkness” foretold the Magus of knowledge. “ so where do I need to go to get the second talisman” asked Trance “ the second talisman is with the god of speed he lives in his tower in the middle of the ocean in your world the one nearest to the world capital to the north by 5 miles and 4 miles west then say this OH GOD OF SPEED HEAR ME I NEED YOUR HELP TO STOP THE NEW EVIL DRAKE FROM DESTROYING YOUR WORLD AND MY WORLD” said the Magus of wisdom. When Trance and Black panther had brought supplies and restocked on water they started to make there way back Trance had come along the way they saw the bodies of trances group “ can we make a monument for these people who died by Drakes evil hand” asked Trance

“Of course we can you knew these people and they deserve to be buried right” told Black panther so they started make graves fro them and put them in there one buy one. A few days had past since they buried the bodies of trances fallen comrades they were nearly at the entrance to the trances home world. When they were finally out of the magic world they came from. Trance and Black panther were making good time they had put 15 kilometer's behind and they coming into the city where they can rest for a few days and re-supply, “ I have never been to a place like this before” said black panther “ won’t I stand out because I’m part panther and part human”.

“ they might and then again they might not, or they might think that you are in a traveling freak show

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:18 am
Beleis says...

thanks for the criticism. at the momenti am busy reworking all of my storties like this one you replyed to and the story i posted in a different forum. plus i am working on a triollogy of books before new evil is born and i will post that in a few days time. it is called a heros legend and it is set quite a bit of time after this one

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:58 am
Aet Lindling says...

By the way, what I mean by void for the position is that if he had been without fear, and then bye bye, he gets killed or something and we never see him again, then that would have been fine. But to make someone who is obviously a complete idiot to be "fearless", and devoid of personality too (another side effect of fearlessness) the main character?

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:09 am
Squall wrote a review...

I finished chapter 3 and can't be bothered going on as it was starting to get cliche.

Your characters all seem to be nothing but weak. Seriously.They seem to have no emotions, besides brute force.

Trance was like some newbie who was luckily given a powerful weapon. What in Squallz's name?

There was also some bits which were corny and some bits which sounded scientific. This is fantasy mate. If you are mixing fantasy with science, you didn't accomplish it well.

More depth in both the storyline and the characters would make this more interesting. Think on that you must.

Aet Lindling wrote a review...

The plot sounds good, although to put it in a nutshell you need far more description, and a lot better grammar. Put in periods at the ends of sentences, CAPITALIZE the beginnings of sentences, and there once again, needs to be more description.

"Drake took the maps and a few of his juniors and ten bodyguards, and set off towards the location of doorway that led to the magic world. A few weeks later the team found their way to the doorway. The doorway was a wavy barrier that could only be entered by those without fear."

Any chance we could see how they found it? Also, suddenly they have funding for bodyguards!? I thought this was a family, not the government!

"When Trance got though the barrier, he pressed a switch, which deactivated the barrier so that the group could get through."

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on here. Bit too emotionless, and I would not be caught dead using words like "switch" and "deactivate" in a fantasy except on special occasion!

Ah yes, and one more thing. "The doorway was a wavy barrier that could only be entered by those without fear."

Trance is without fear, instantly making him void for the position of main character, which you slip him into. Try something else.

Ofour wrote a review...

Chapter 1:

"Whilst searching through many ancient manuscripts, Drake found an ancient map that showed the way to the magic world where Tera’s Gods reside. The main God was named Tera and was the guardian of the fountain of youth." - You start in the past and refer to Tera's Gods as if they still exist, which is fine. However, you then say the main god "was" named Tera. You switch to the past. Choose one or the other.

"and set off towards the location " - you use "and" a lot. I'd put a "he" here instead.

"The doorway was a wavy barrier that could only be entered by those without fear." - you repeat "doorway", use "it".

"he had long spiky black hair and red eyes he was fearless, brave, smart, strong and he was 6 foot 5 and he had strong build It was Trance who was the only member of the group that could pass through the magic barrier." - full stops between "eyes" and "he", and "build" and "it". You describe trance in one long sentence, very quickly. It sounds ugly.

"When Trance got though the barrier, he pressed a switch, which deactivated the barrier so that the group could get through." - you repeat "barrier" alot.

"After a while of following the map " - that sounds very clumsy, re-arrange it.

"It was getting hot extremely fast they were taking off layers of clothing and leaving them." - comma between "they" and "were".

"while climbing down Trance saw a path “follow me I can see a path” he shouted." - full stop after first "path". Capital F for "following". Space the lines of speech to make it easier to read.

"“Everybody run” roared Trance." - again, space the speech apart.

OK, this is very original but very simple. There is no depth, you merely state what happened. There is no character development amd we are given no emotions or anything. The first chapter didn't really make me want to read more. The ideas are very good, you just need to work on your style.

Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
— Christopher Darlington Morley