Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction

Truce?

by Beautifulsparkle

Blossom Utonium was incredibly aggravated today. She was trying to read her favorite new novel, Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, but Bubble's and Buttercup''s likely petty strife was interfearing with her important activity.

"Buttercup! Give Octi back!" Bubbles screamed indignated.

"Oh, c'mon Bub, why would you want a stupid plush toy to drag around everyday?It's making you soft!" Buttercup said.

Bubbles glared at her sister.

"Too scared to face reality like a grown up?" Buttercup taunted her.

"Put Octi down or there shall be...hell to pay!" Bubbles screamed.

Blossom felt an impending headache so with a sigh, she abandoned her precious book and started getting into her fearless leader mode.

"Enough! Girls you are acting completely belligerent. We are sisters, as well as crime fighters. We shouldn't squabble amongst ourselves like that." Blossom chided then turned towards Buttercup and asked "Just what are you trying to accomplish Buttercup?"

"Bubbles is always dragging that stupid toy around, and it's making me nuts! Can't she see she's acting like a complete baby?" Buttercup said.

"Hey!"Bubbles shouted while hugging herself "Octi is the only one that understands me."

"Buttercup, our job is to bring happiness and tranquillity to the citizens of Townsville. Octi means a lot to Bubbles. If you were to take it away she would lose her focus and then the probability of failure would be much higher."

"But..." Buttercup started to say.

"Give Octi back to her." Blossom said exasperated while Bubbles puts her arms up and cries imploringly "Octi!"

"Fine! Take your stupid toy!" Buttercup said while throwing Octi at Bubbles who catches it and reunites with her dear plushy toy.

Just when Blossom thought the crises was averted, and she could go back to her book, the mayor of Townsville calls the girls to ask for their help. Another monster was rearing its ugly head.

"C'mon girls! Let's go!" Blossom commanded and the girls flew up.

Unbeknownst to them, one of their worst enemies, the infamous monkey, Mojo Jojo, had just witnessed their conversation thanks to the spying cams he had implanted into their rooms.

The evil villain seemed unusually pleased.

"Yes, powerpuff girls, squabble amongst yourselves, minimize your threat level through internal war. That is to say deplete your chances of winning through childish fighting and when you are divided I shall conquer! Mwahahahaha!" Mojo Mojo said.

Then his mind started wondering about the smartest of the powerpuff girls, the self-acclaimed leader, Blossom.

"Curse you Blossom Utonium! You have vaporized every opportunity I had for exploiting your sisters' weakness and every opportunity I had for exploiting your sisters' weakness, you have vaporized! Why must I, Mojo Mojo, be the intellectual rival of a mewling brat? " Mojo monologued "A very sharp brat, I admit. That is to say I acknowledge her brain power is potent, there is no mistaking her keen intelligence, and yet..."

"Mojo could exploit your pride, for that, Blossom Utonium, you have in spades. Mojo is wrought to murder you, academical rival. Not when there might be a way for you to change sides..." Mojo said while grinning and starting to hatch an evil plan.

Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:37 pm
starlitmind wrote a review...

Hey there! I really enjoy reviewing your stories, so I decided to review another! :D
You have pretty good vocabulary and descriptions! Your dialogue also seems pretty natural and human. This was quite an enjoyable read. I'm going to point out some nitpicky things since everything else was pretty good! : )

She was trying to read her favorite new novel, Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, but Bubble's and Buttercup''s likely petty strife was interfearing with her important activity.

Just a couple of small things: book titles should be italicized, it should be Buttercup's instead of Buttercup"s, and I believe you meant "interfering" instead of "interfearing"

Haha, very interesting opening scene xD You need to end your quotation with a comma, instead of a period, after "that" and put a comma after "asked" before the quotation starts.

Blossom said exasperated while Bubbles puts her arms up and cries imploringly

You're missing your end punctuation here.

Buttercup said while throwing Octi at Bubbles who catches it and reunites with her dear plushy toy.

Here you switch from past to present tense. To fix that, change "catches" and "reunites" to past tense to remain consistent.

Mojo monologued

You're missing end punctuation here.

Nice ending!

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this chapter. It was well written, and I can't wait to read next ones! I hope this helped!

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:23 am
brotherGeo wrote a review...

Hello Comrade!
It is rare that i see a Powerpuff girls fanfic, anyway on with the review:

A great opening scene felt like it was pulled right from the TV series, you have a few grammar issues here and there but its fine. A thorough re-read will help you find anything.

You could use a better example word for a monster showing up, 'Rearing' doesn't really fit 'revealing' would be better. This is unrelated but I have been to Townsville it's a real place, just thought i'd mention that it has nothing to do with this piece.

[quote]"Mojo could exploit your pride, for that, Blossom Utonium, you have in spades. Mojo is wrought to murder you, academical rival. Not when there might be a way for you to change sides..." Mojo said while grinning and starting to hatch an evil plan.[quote]
This last paragraph is a little misleading for two reasons: the first is that Mojo Mojo talks in first person in the previous paragraph but in this one he talks in 3rd person, is this an error or am i just misreading something. the second reason is that this guy literary threatens Blossom with death but then offers a truce? well i'm sure all will be explained in the next chapter. Also Wrought doesn't really fit, i would try and find a better word for whatever your describing there.

Overall an interesting fanfic and not one that i have seen much of. It's well written and flows fairly well, you could just improve in a few areas however. I am just realising now that your fairly new so welcome to YWS, its good to have you here.
Keep Writing!
-brotherGeo

Hello. Thank you for your review. Yeah, I shouldn't have made him talk in third person there. Anyway Mojo talked about dividing and conquering. But I meant it as a sort of psychological divide between the sisters, and something that could finally make him win. Later he curses Blossom for ruining his chances of exploiting her sister's weaknessess, that could have been the divide. Perhaps I should have used other words instead of divide and conquer. Thank you for the welcome.

brotherGeo says...

No problem.
Thanks for clearing that up, his monologue makes a lot more sense now. :D

Hail Hydra
— Stan Lee