z

Young Writers Society



The Painted Duchess by Anne Bruck.

by Beauties_Prototype


This is my first review. Forgive me if I make a few mistakes.

I recently read the book, The Painted Duchess. Its a book about a Duchess, she is beautiful, flirtatious, bold but so insecure, with this attitude she is able to cativate the hearts and minds of many men in the spanish court. This is a wonderful book that demands you read it from begining to end without putting the book down.

Its a story that takes the best of all worlds, with a hint of mystery, a touch of love and a whole lot of deceit and jealousy.

Anne did a wonderful job of getting into the mindset of a stubborn character such as Maria Teresa(The duchess). The vivid imagery portrayed by the writer and the witty humor is consistant through out the book and there is never a boring moment as you follow the rise, fall and rise once more of the Duchess of Alba.

This is an excellent book that I would recommend to anyone who can get their hands on a copy. Though it isnt greatly known so It could be a search before you find one.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments




“And how shall I think of you?' He considered a moment and then laughed. 'Think of me with my nose in a book!”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell