12+ Language Violence

She Wants Revenge

by BabeItsMeg

There was a young girl named Alice she also died young, she died in a fire. She could have lived but her parents picked her allstar brother to save instead of her. Alice is still there under the new house that replaced her burnt one. She haunts the new house determined to haunt everyone in that house and make the. As miserable as she is.
Anabelle Marie had to leave her alcoholic father and move into a new house with her cheerleader sister and her business woman mother. She listened to Pierce the Veil while she read hr favorite book Northern Lights by Jennifer Donnelly.
I have been trying to block out my sisters bubble gum pop that she was singing 'good' as my mother would call it while I say she sounds like a walrus giving birth.
I looked up to see we were here the house was huge which meant it would be easier to get away from my sister but it would also make it easier for her to get her girls friends to come over. They always try to get me to let the give me a makeover.
I got out getting my suitcases out of the trunk and I walked in the house completely ignoring my sister high pitch calls about her calling dibs on picking her room first. I read up on this house and found out it has a very big attic so that was the very first place I went. Sure my sister wanted first pick for her room but I knew she wouldn't want the attic because she would be afraid of the bats that may be hiding in the corners of it. I went up to the attic right when I was about to open the door I heard something crash. Bats on steroids? I don't care what, who, or anything is in there I'm not going any farther but this door knob. I quickly ran downstairs and ran into a room seeing it was very small. Well if the attic wasn't here I would still get it because my mom and sister would get e bigger ones.
I started to unpack until I started hearing things above my head coming from the attic. It sounded like furniture moving around. I built up the courage and went to the door, I put my ear up to it the door hearing the loud movements. I quickly walked in half expecting my sister to be setting up a bedroom for her higher than heaven on and off crack head boyfriend to sneak in. Instead I saw nothing at all but a perfectly set up girls room. No bats no drugs, none of my sisters high pitch squeals of excitement just a quiet room.
I checked every inch of the room for some trace of someone being here but there was nothing but a heart locket under the bed. I opened expecting not to see anything but on the front was the name Alice and on the inside was a lovely family a father, mother, and son but as I looked closer in the picture I saw a young girl barely 8 years old standing far away from the family glaring at them.
I felt a connection to the young girl. She seemed sad,unwanted, like all she needed was a book and nothing else. Just like me, I was about to put the locket in my pocket to show my friend who would have been able to find her birthday, born and died, and how they died in less then a hour when all of the sudden a small angel statue went flying off the shelf with so much force that it broke into a bunch of tiny little pieces. I jumped a foot in the air quickly tucking the locket in the pouch if my sweat shirt before running as fast as I could down the stairs into our large living room. I found a small jewelry box at the bottom of one of the boxes marked basement, I put the locket in the purple velvet box nd went into a tiny room that is unoccupied.
I was about to take a nap before I heard a painful blood curdling scream come from the attic.

I sprinted up the stairs not even thinking about what horrifying thing could be screaming but instead i was thinking why was it screaming. I got to the door when th escreaming stopped abruptly. I opened the door to see no one there and not a spect of evidence that someone was there. Well there wasn't until a small door cracked open in the corner of the cozy attic. It looked like the cursed door in that children movie Coraline. The movie kept me sleeping in the living room for a week, far away from any closet.

Concurring my childhood fears i walked over and knelt down in front of the door, i opened it cringing at the loud screeching sound the old rusty bolts made. I looked in to see nothing but darkness, In the movie it was all rainbow right, Right? So i shouldn't be scared of something popping out and wanting to carve out my eyes replacing them with butons so it would forever blind me.

I hope.

I turned around to see a flashlight on the white victorian might stand.

hehe it was pink.

I clicked on the hot pink button making it flash brightly, i went back to the mini closet and there i was face to face with a litte girl that was from the creepy picture. Her dark brown hair falling flat agaisn't her pale and fragile shoulders. Her eyes, wait where are her eyes.

There wasn't anything but dark sockets awaiting to be filled with bright eyes. big eyes from the size of the sockets also. The depressing deep black sockets just wating to be filled with bright colored eyes so they can see the bright colors of the world. I stood there not being able to move or scream, i just sat there my heart coming out in slow beats, my breathe jagged as if shards of glass were trying to block its way out. She just scared back satified looking almost, why was she satsified with scaring the living hell out of me? Before dissapearing into mid air she let out a blood curdling scream. My whole body trembled as i watched her body slowly dissapear almost like a fog.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:43 am
dogs wrote a review...

Hello there Meg! Dogs here with your review today. Okey dokey, to start things off WELCOME TO YWS! I hope you enjoy your time here. I'm Tucker, and if you need anything, a review, some help, advice, ANYTHING! I would be more than happy to help you out :). Anywho, on to ze review. Ok you have an excellent starting idea here in the first paragraph. Although, notice how many times you start a sentence with "She." It gets a little repetitive, so try avoiding that repetitiveness and switching up the sentence structure form time to time.

Who is the narrator in this story? Also who is Anabelle? Those two characters seem to be kind of thrown at the reader with out an introduction. I was expecting to see a little more description and expansion on Alice, as that was what you started with. This little twist in story line is a tad bit confusing.

"a very big attic"

Sorry pet peeve, but "very" should never be used in any sort of literature unless it is in an essay about why "very" should NOT be used in literature. It always breaks the flow of your writing and is always unnecessary. You could just say "bit attic" and it would have the same effect on the reader with better flow.

"went to the door, I put my ear up to it the door"

This is awkwardly worded because you use "door" twice in the same sentence a little too close in proximity to one another. Try saying something more like: "went to the door, placing my ear next to its fraying wood" or something along those lines.

"when th escreaming.."

Minor typo, I think you meant to say: "the screaming" instead.

"front of the door, i opened it"

Always capitalize "i" because you're using it as a proper noun. It looks sloppy when it's not capitalized.

"hehe it was pink."

Never say "hehe" in dialogue or description unless a character is reading something. Always just say "I giggled" or something along those lines. And I'd be hardly giggling at a pink flashlight, here isn't the time to throw in humor.

Nice ending, a good way to build suspense in the reader. Definitely scary and a great idea for this piece. Certainly needs some spell checking but with some work this can be an excellent piece. I enjoyed reading your short story, let me know if you ever need a review. Keep up the good work!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032

ka67 wrote a review...

I love the idea of the story and I bet it could flourish into so much more, however there are many mistakes.

You lack commas and more vocabulary,so maybe try to make the words more elaborate? Nor so much longer but words that aren't quite as childish. You also have a lot of period mistakes and I see a lot of run on sentences or periods in random places. "She haunts the new house determined to haunt everyone in that house and make the. As miserable as she is.' I see the "and make the. As miserable as she is." maybe edit the middle to them as.

Along with that the sentences are also fragments, such as most of the very first paragraph. I am not sure if it is meant to keep the reader on their toes, but it seems very choppy and I feel like it could flow easier. Maybe use, "Alice was young when she died in a fire, with her parents leaving her there to die but saving her little brother, their favorite. As time passed, the ruins of her burnt home were ripped away and replaced with a big, beautiful house that she claims as her own now..."

There are quite a few other mistakes, a few I's that need to be capitalized or changed around to make a little more sense. However,I do love the idea of it and feel like it could be continued :)

Are your stories perfection?

ka67 says...

um....no? Why? Im not trying to make it perfect but it could be improved

BabeItsMeg says...

Riley don't, this place is obviously more hard-core judgement then QuoteV, I can deal with it.

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown