Finer Points of Clarification

by Azzman88

I love how Tea reminds me of the people that matter;
That warm embrace when cold fears grip,
Assurance of a clear head once confided.
Held close, all hope is restored.

I love the way the Music sparks something in me.
With every beat a new perspective,
Invoking emotions buried deep,
Imparting wisdom of long forgotten Stories.

I admire subtle seasonal gifts;
Rain pattering on windows,
The Sun licking my forearm on drives to sunny destinations,
Autumn winds blowing weary leaves across fields.

I adore who you are,
Your smile reciprocated by my own.
Hours spent talking across time zones,
You are just the right amount of perfect for me.

I appreciate most everything in life,
My problems have nothing on fixations.
For a life itself, this one suits me fine.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:00 am
Killyouwithwords wrote a review...

I loved this!! The first line was surprising, but after I read further on it made sense to me.
Beautiful and sweet. I liked how you tied in a dash of romance with the good things in life because after all love is all you need. This was pleasant to read, and thankfully not at all depressing like most poetry is. I wish I had more to say but this is just really good and I don't have the heart to be very critical about it. AMAZING :)

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:28 am
xxFleetingEternity wrote a review...

I liked the simplicity of the poem; it was fairly straightforward, which is always a good thing for me, as the reader. Free verse has always been something I like.

I don't have much to criticize (which is what I usually do). I thought that your grammar was good and so was your punctuation. But the one line that I think didn't flow nearly as well as the rest of the poem is "Hours spent talking across time zones, you are just the right amount of perfect to me." I can't quite put my finger on what it is, the structure just seems...odd.

Overall, though, I really liked this and thought it was a job well done. It really is the little things that inspire us, drinking a cup of tea, listening to music and the like as you mentioned in here. 9/10.

Clarity wrote a review...

I liked this. It was meaningful and fairly easy to understand.

Your stanzas are good sizes and I have no complaints about punctuation...

Everything flows really good. I think they were multiple meanings to this poem, which you could do with making more obvious, since some people may get confused and say the poem doesn't link well with each stanza.

Yet, you kinda sorta managed to to that anyway, just by choice of words and common bonds within the content.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Well done and keep writing!

-Clarity'xo

goldenrebel wrote a review...

I had a bit a of trouble understanding the poem. From my point of view it appears that you are describing how certain acts affect your spiritual self. Your grammar is very good for the most part and allows the story to flow well. All in all it's a good poem for it's grammar but besides that it does not have a strong meaning for me and in general I'm not a fan of free verse so that does affect my review of your poem.

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness