Home » Literary works » Poetry » Teen Fiction

she was my best friend

by AutumnDawn

the people around us were so cold

no matter which way we turned

I did not care what she wore

I did not care how she talked

I did not care for how she smelled

because she was my best friend

she may have been different

but she was my best friend

I care not what the world thinks of her

because she was my best friend

I was by side

every day

twenty four seven

no one seemed to care

her hair so out

her appearance

everyone screamed gross

oh but I did not

I screamed oh best friend you are beautiful

oh best friend

be proud for this is your pride

oh best friend please be you

cause there is no one else out there like you

oh I know

their eyes are like daggers

the words they say sting like a bee

but who cares best friend

you are perfect to me

oh please you are beautiful to me

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:34 am
ThatOneGuy2002 wrote a review...

Amazing, this is a wonderfull poem. I loved how it identified the sentimental values of a true friend, there for one who cares of what others say, giving the truth of how they truly are. A wonderfull message, I only wish that reality had more this incorporated into it, that society would change from the self centered and dramatic monster of chaining social media and politics into a reality that is more matched with actuality and sincerity that this poem identifies. Great job, keep it up, and I can wait to see more :3

Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:34 pm
Sharon1407 says...

The #pride has brought me here. I read the poem and checked to see if there were anyone who interpreted the poem like I did and saw there were none and now I am not quite sure of my interpretation but being a fellow writer I dare to assume you will be open to all sorts of interpretations. So I want to express what I felt nevertheless and don't treat this as a review unless you want to. I was listening to Prettiest Friend by Jason Mraz while reading this and if you haven't listened to the song, please do :D But that is beyond the context and what I really felt was your "best friend" is really your best friend. Maybe I felt this because me and my girlfriend have often been called best friends and indeed, your girlfriend and love is your best friend at some level. Nevertheless, your strong remarks against those who shun a person's beauty makes this work one of the best things I have read in a while. I can now dissect the poem and take it apart line by line and criticize it but I feel like this has been written in spontaneity and an overflow of emotion that is too pure to be "reviewed". Hence, also this is me writing such a spontaneous comment based on my reaction to this absolutely thoughtful piece of work. Would love to read more from you! <3

AutumnDawn says...

omg man... you just made me cry

Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:00 am
Eros wrote a review...

Hey there, AutumnDawn!

This is Eros here with a review for you!!

I really loved the poem here... It is sweet and it is all about accepting a best friend as she is. Like her looks are not good and everyone calls her gross, but you as her best friend didn't. That's the true friendship!!

Loved the way how you have given instances where you accept her as she is. The word choice is awesome, as it's easy to understand and gets the feelings conveyed in the besst possible way.

Loved the whole description and the theme of a best friend. Whatever the other people say, she will always be your best friend.

Everything is said beautifully. Keep writing such awesome stuff and we would love to keep reading them and reviewing them!!

Have a great day / night!!

With love,
From Eros.
:D

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 am
Chinku wrote a review...

H,
You wrote it well to pen down your feelings for your best friend.
The poem sounds nice while reading it aloud. Out of all, these three lines " I was by side
every day
twenty four seven" sounds unfamiliar in the whole poem.
It is my opinion, but I may be wrong.
Adding some punctuation well make the poem a beauty. Except all it was nice, and keep writing good things.
Thanks.

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon