Home » Literary works » Lyrics » Romantic

Thosand Years

by Anma

-Intro-

My heart belongs to you, but i will be gone soon.

So don't you ever cry.

Cause I'll always be by your side.

-Verse-

So don't you ever cry.. You 

've been in my heart a thousand years. 

You've been in my heart a thousand times.

So... Don't you ever cry >2x

I will be right here. 

So... Don't you ever cry >2x

I've been here a thousand years. 

2nd(Oh), Do you love me? do you hate me? Do(n't) you....

2nd(Cry)

-Repeat 

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:27 am
4revgreen wrote a review...

Hey, Che here for a quick review :-)

First, I'll just point out that in the title you spelled "Thousand" wrong. I'm guessing it's just a type but I thought I'd let you know!

-Intro-

So don't you ever cry.

Cause I'll always be by your side.

In my opinion, "but i will be gone soon" should be on it's own line too, otherwise the line is too long and doesn't really fit in with the flow.

I think the song could have perhaps benefited from a better structure, you know- Introduction, verse 1, chorus 1, bridge, verse 2, chorus 2, outro or something similar. It would make it longer and make what you are singing about more important!

I can't wait to hear this is if you ever record it, as it genuinely sounds really good and I could really feel the emotions you were trying to portray!

Regards, Che :-)

Anma says...

FabihaNeera wrote a review...

I REALLY love the lyrics of this song. It's super original, creative and also very touching. The song title represents the idea of your song really well, and it especially reminds me of a similar song by Christina Perri - which is a song I really love to listen to! It sucks that I can't really hear the rhythm of this song from the screen... but I think this would still sound really poetic and romantic!

Great work!

Anma says...

Thank you! I'll try to link me singing it, hopefully then i can get more feedback.

tinybookfarie wrote a review...

Hey... Tinybookfarie here for a review. The title of your song kinda stood out to me cuz you know, there’s an actual song called a Thousand Years and I really love the song. Mostly because it means so much to me and I can relate to the lyrics in so many ways.

Now, I’m about to review a song with the similiar title. MAn, I wish Christina Perri posted A Thousand Years on here so I got to review it. Btw, if you become a famous song artist like Christina Perri, uh. . .maybe some free tickets to your first concert would be nice.

Jk. LOL. :D :D

Anyway, time for the review.

I really like this SOO MUCH!!!! You did an amazing job with labeling the parts of the song, that way it was easier for me to actually read it. The lyrics itself was really touching and really sweet. I personally related to the part that said, “You’ve been in my heart a thousand time.”, and I think it’s great when readers relate to a written work. So Outstanding *me clapping*

Now, for the suggestions... It think that it would have been even better if you had added in some of the other parts of a song. The pre-chorus, the chorus, the bridge and the other verses. You already seem to have added in the emotional effects of the song. Adding in more parts of the song, would allow more thoughts to enter the song.
Plus, next time when you write another song, think of it as a poem. But with repetitions. Since I can’t hear the song (OH MAN) just maybe write the song as a poem first then see which parts you would want as the chorus and the verses.

but that is one way to write your song. Another one would be using a refrain.

since you put in a “repeat” how about doing one verse, then a refrain, and then the second verse after it. It’s A LOT easier than all the other parts of the song, which I find more helpful.

It’s just there are a lot of pros and cons to the 2 different song writing structures. But after reading your song here, I think you would do a great job on either one you choose. I really ADORED this song and the lyrics and I’m not entirely sure if there is a back ground story to this song, but either way, it was really sweet. Keep up the good work, and please tag me whenever you write another song.

Your friend
Tinybookfarie

Anma says...

Lol, thank you so much. I'm really glade you like it. I'll try to record me singing it and link it to this. There isn't really a background story exactly, but i kind of have one that i can relate..... :) but not a thousand years, more like ten, lol. Anyway thank you, ill tag you when i post another song!

Anma says...

you%u2019re welcome and i can%u2019t wait

When a good man is hurt, all who would be called good must suffer with him.
— Euripides