Home » Literary works » Poetry » Dramatic

Only One

by Anma

Only One

Why only one?

It’s hard to choose from everyone.

What if you pick wrong?

Is that why my heart aches?

For i do not know were's the pain/

Why one chance?

You break a promise, that’s that.

You break that persons trust. 

You break their once love/

Only one way.

Which way to go?

You’ll get lost going down the wrong road.

It’s too hard to have a choice.

Cause some choices your destination, isnt an easy pick.

Only one mistake

That’s all it takes.

To mess something up.

Only one goal.

Only one thing to do.

But what?

You could give up.

Only one life.

Make that life right.

Or you’ll be left in regret.

Why is it always only one???

averyismediocre wrote a review...

Hi! First of all, I loved the structure of your poem! I like how you made what you made bold. The concept is a neat idea too, and you executed it perfectly. I'm glad you changed only one thing to only one goal because that confused me when I first read it (I started this review a few days ago but just now got to finish it due to schoolwork). Now, with that being said, that stanza, in general, didn't really flow well. Same thing with the stanza starting off with "Why one chance?" I feel like you could add a bit more to that to connect the sentences and make them flow. Also on the last two lines, I feel like it should either say "Or you'll be left with regret" or "you'll be left regretting". The way it's phrased now just doesn't sound right. Then the last line is obviously supposed to connect back to the beginning, but I feel like you could do better with doing that. All in all, though, you've done a good job and I enjoyed this poem. Keep up the good work!

Shakiraislam wrote a review...

Wow! This is awesome! It's like I always think why only one thing in life. We do one mistake boom it's gone. One damn wrong choice boom your life is gone. So gone. Then you'd be alone. It's like you expressed it so well. This poem rings so well with life.
"Make that life right.

Or you’ll be left regret.

Why is it always only one???"

It's so true. Only one life. Only one chance. I loved it. It's like one life live your fullest if you can't the why are you even alive. Well hoping to see more of your writing and also feel free to check mine. Love you xxx.

Anma says...

Thanks again! Sure will!

Shakiraislam says...

You're welcome hun!

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:08 am
FabihaNeera wrote a review...

Hello,

This is a well-written poem! I like the way you wrote it, and the raw emotion conveyed from it. I think your ideas of having only one of these things were really strong, and you used bolded words to really emphasize that. These are things that all of us wonder at some point in our lives... and we never know what could happen in the future! The lines are simple, but they each have a deeper meaning that gives readers something to relate to. So, well done on that!

The only part I didn't really understand was needed was the "Only one thing", and the following lines below that. I feel like this title is generalized because "only one thing" can mean anything. From the line "You could give up"... it could sound like "goals" or "achievements". So, instead, maybe you can say "Only one goal" or something like that, and reinforce that line of you thinking that you should just "give up". Though, you don't have to take this suggestion... it could just work either way.

Lastly, a minor error in the line "Or you'll be left regret"... you can instead say: "Or you'll be left in regret."

The last line can also be reworded... maybe into "Why is there always only one?"... and it may add more effect to place it in its own stanza.

That's all from me! I think it's really good overall, and I would love to read more of your work!

Keep Writing :)

Anma says...

Okay! Thank you!:)

"Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile."
— Anne Frank