Give me a Reason Continued

by AngelBaby88

Im just going to continue from where I left off.

Chapter one part 2

"Are you okay?"

I looked at my best friend and April and gave her a look.

"Why do you ask?"

"You seem to off in your own little world, you know how you are when somethings up."

I sighed, "Its Tom again.''

"What about him?'' she got that look in her eye like she was fixen to go off.

"Hes just being his usal prick self, but really im okay."

"Is that how you got that black eye?"

How did she know, I was pretty sure I had covered well enough with my foundation. I said nothing.

"Uh-huh, thats what I thought. Sometimes i really want to kill that excuse for a man if that much."

I laughed and told her to calm down.

"well your mom dont give a shit about you, so how are you going to take care of it?"

She was right, I couldnt run away because I had no where to go or any money for that matter, and I sure as hell didnt want to end up in a home for girls.

I shrugged my shoulders and tried to concentrate on my algebra which was seeming to mix with my mood at the moment. I tapped on Aprils shoulder, she turned around.

"What?"

"Do you care if I crash at your house long enough to make a phone call?"

She looked at me and asked call who?

'' Im thinkin about calling DHS and seeing if they can help me out any."

"Are you serious?!" she looked shocked.

I nodded, "Yeah, Mom and Tom wouldnt know intill it was to late."

"Girls? Do we have a problem?"

We looked up to see Mrs.Sweeny calling to us.

"No." we both answered. "Then get back to work and dont make me tell you again."

We both giggled and got back to work. Hopefully in a week or so Id be livin with a new faimly somewhere where someone cared.

Because of time iam going to cut this short.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:27 am

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: Overall this was a fairly well done story. It's seems to be continuing off from what sounds like a pretty interesting plot if this part is anything to go by and I think I shall be taking a look at this one sometime soon if I ever do run into another part of it. The story itself flows really well and its easy to understand what's going on for the most part.

Well dang looks like I should have tracked down the first part of this but I am feeling slightly too lazy so I hope muck up too many things by my lack of knowledge of what's going on in this story.

"Why do you ask?"

I sighed, "Its Tom again.''

Hmm standard opeing dialogue there. Not too much to drag readers but then since this is part two I suppose that's unnecessary but then I'm not sure exactly where in the story this is so I'll just mention that.

Okay those last three words "if that much" don't really make sense. I'm not sure what you are trying to say there.

Okay algebra appears here unless it appeared earlier in the chapter in which case I'm sorry but I haven't read that.

"Girls? Do we have a problem?"

Well that's some classic mom talk although last line sounds really ominous.

Aaand that's it for this one.

Overall: So overall this was a fun little story to read although that ending was a little dark but then without the proper context I can't really judge that one. The characters here feel very real and they appear to have some personality and the conversation was also very natural and it was a pretty well written story.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:51 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

Hey guys i would like to know if this story is sounding good and would like for to crit for me okay
thanks!!!!!! :wink:

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same.
— Kurt Cobain