Home » Literary works » Poetry » Dramatic

Tragedy

by Anamel

The most beautiful stories,
Are ones forever interwoven
With that of tragedy and death--,
As if suffering is like a rose; 
Painted in blood, with its thorny stem
Yet seemingly immortal and lovely.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:49 am
saint1y wrote a review...

I am here to reviewwwww.
Okay so this is a great poem. Very beautifully written, I love how you have managed to create such emotion in a very short poem. That shows you are a very talented writer. The only thing I noticed is that you don't have a comma after "with its thorny stem". And maybe you could pick another word instead of lovely, just a thought.
Besides that I think this is a really beautiful poem and I also think you have a lot of talent.

Corvus wrote a review...

I really like this poem. I enjoy how structureless it is, really leaving it open to interpretation. your use of punctuation is commendable, the only thing I noticed is a missing comma after "with its thorny stem". Overall, this is a great poem. I like the message it sends as beautiful stories do tend to be tragic ones; after all, what is a life without conflict?

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers