z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

My poems :D

by AlexandruM96


Please tell me what you think for each individual one :D

Love, Life... and Hurt: http://www.bubblews.com/news/600557-poem-love-life-and-hurt

Friendship: http://www.bubblews.com/news/562794-friendship-poem

Where?: http://www.bubblews.com/news/600581-poem-where

Everyday: http://www.bubblews.com/news/889286-everyday-poem

My friend: http://www.bubblews.com/news/607125-poem-friendship-dedication-to-jennifer

My friend 2: http://www.bubblews.com/news/607410-poem-friendship-dedication-to-amy

Goofy Birthday Dedication: http://www.bubblews.com/news/607414-poem-birthday-to-a-friend-dedication-to-korey

Thanks in advance for your feedback, please be as critical as possible.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35774
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:04 am
niteowl wrote a review...



Hi there Alex and welcome to YWS!

Now, normally, I'd tell you to post the text on here, but as you've already stated the other site won't let you do that, that's fine. In the future, I'd think about posting here for feedback as you retain full rights and copyrights to your work and you can remove it at any time.

I had no trouble seeing them, so I went ahead and looked at the first two you listed. Both of them seem to suffer from the same big problem: the rhyme is dictating what you say. This is bad because it really limits your word choice and sounds forced. Rhyme can be a powerful tool if done well, but I'd consider using free verse in the future. You can then focus on creating better images and metaphors rather than worrying about the rhyme.

Speaking of images and metaphors, bring them in more. "Love, Life, and Hurt" is a ridiculously broad subject for a poem. In my opinion, poems that focus on these abstract concepts are doomed to fail because there is nothing concrete to anchor the reader. What sights, sounds, smells most make you think of this relationship?

Overall, I think you could do great things if you focused less on rhyme and more on imagery and a unique story. Keep writing and I hope you post something on YWS soon! :)




User avatar
394 Reviews


Points: 16710
Reviews: 394

Donate
Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:09 pm
KnightTeen wrote a review...



It's to bad about the blog rights, I'm sorry that you can't post them here.

I attempted to go read them, but I was informed of an error in the link when I pasted and copied it into my web-browser.

Do you have to be a member in order to access it?

I think that you would be better off just posting new works onto YWS, rather than giving us links to your work on another site.

I would like to read a review them, but I can't get to them, as I've already said. Sorry.




Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:42 pm
AlexandruM96 says...



When I post them on that blog-type site, I'm giving them exclusive copyrights, so I can't have them posted anywhere else online :/




User avatar
45 Reviews


Points: 881
Reviews: 45

Donate
Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:48 pm
runawaylove says...



I agree with Empress. I would really like to read and give you a feedback. Just copy and paste. :)




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 474
Reviews: 21

Donate
Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:48 pm
View Likes
Empress wrote a review...



Hi there AlexandruM96!

Just a small suggestion, I think people would be more likely to read these if you just post the poems on here too. You know, just copy and paste?

I'm interested to read them, the titles sound good.

Just a suggestion! :)

Bethan :)





Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg