Home » Literary works » Short Story » Horror

Beyond Space and Time

by 1greatwriter

Pushpa, aged seventeen years, with dark complexioned skin, long thin fingers and toes, melon-like breasts and elliptical eyes, from a lower caste and whose father was a laborer in the city, had gone for tea at a small roadside cafe in the district with her friends. She wore a medium length skirt and blue plastic thongs. After chatting animatedly over tea for a few minutes, her friends said goodbye and left the cafe one after another. Pushpa was alone from then. But, one hour later, she awoke in a strange and dimly lit unknown room; and she tried to move, but she could not. In the thick darkness around her, Pushpa, who had lost consciousness, suddenly until then, had been tied tightly into a wooden chair with her bare legs and feet tied apart.

For one moment, after she awoke, Pushpa tried to remember the tea party and she remembered that she and her friends, Shilpi and Yamini, had discussed pointedly about her dating. Throughout the debate, they had spoken animatedly and looked at each other, but nobody noticed a tall black skinned foreign-looking man* sitting in one corner and handling a silver pendant with a small green stone. He bore both African and other physical features, and played casually with the pendant while sipping hot coffee. Surreptitiously, to avoid their attention, he listened to the debate and watched Pushpa. He had a vivid impression of her.

The dampness and chill of the space around her in the room alerted Pushpa that she sat in the chair, exposed below her waist; and she tried to move her legs, one by one, but she soon discovered that they were tied tightly to the legs of the chair. Soon after that, she felt a sudden wave of heat between her thighs and moaned inaudibly. Pushpa realized, then, that she had been gagged too; but, trying to raise one hand or the other to remove the gag, she discovered that her hands were tied to the arms of the chair as tightly as her legs. She tried to scream. The black man watched her silently. Pushpa wanted to know why he had kidnapped her, suspecting sex as the motive; but she could only mumble indistinctly. He declined, then, to explain.

Pushpa continued to stare at the man, or in his direction, and she wondered what he wanted from her. Then, he spoke and his words startled her.

“I am the last of a very old and slowly dying race from beyond your awareness of space and time. We came to this star when it had formed and established domain on it until the human race emerged. I know that you do not understand. You cannot. That does not matter. What matters is that I need your energies to continue to exist.”

Shocked, she tried to scream again. Then, Pushpa knew that he intended to drain her of her physical and sexual energy; and that, in the end, when all of her energy had drained from her body, she would die. She struggled to escape her bondage, ignoring in her fear that she was naked from her waist downward. The black man declined to react and remained unemotional, only watching her move. He knew not only that Pushpa would not escape but also that her attempt to escape would release vital energy for him.

Pushpa continued to attempt to escape, panicking visibly; and her energy slowly began to sweep from her body in waves which flowed steadily into the black man’s abdomen. In the process, her thighs raised alternately and her feet hung downward with toes extended sensuously. He watched her calmly. She looked at her thighs and loins and then she stared at him. He emerged for her to see him. He stood almost eight feet tall, with dark and deep-set red eyes, a short broad African nose and thick black lips. His palms were broad and his fingers ended with long sharp white nails. A first glance would suggest a Nubian Egyptian more than an African.

As her energy seeped into him, his eyes glowed and flashed brightly and his lips parted into a smile of dark delight. Slowly, he funneled Pushpa’s energy into his chest until, after one hour, she began to weaken; and they both knew implicitly that she was almost drained. But, after his refreshment, his manner had changed and his appearance changed too. Instead of broad palms and long thin fingers, his fingers had stretched until they resembled thin tentacle-like appendages. Over all, he bore a strangely alien and unearthly appearance.

Certainly, shocked and scared by both his true appearance and awareness of her fate in his hands, Pushpa resumed her frantic attempt to escape; but, in its midst, she felt a powerful rush of heat and energy at her loins, which was channeled through her vagina into his chest and abdomen. This energy flowed like a stream and seemed endless. He spoke again.

“You must be surely aware of the amount and the strength of your energy, along with blood and hormones, in your sexual organs.”

Pushpa screamed inaudibly through here gag. He smiled again, and continued to speak to her calmly.

“I shall channel all of this energy from your organs. When it is all gone from your body, I shall dispose of and bury your body suitably. Soon, the heat in your organs will burn like a fire and consume them so that they are incinerated and useless. After that, you will die slowly and, perhaps, painfully. Then, when your friends come to look for you, they both will follow your example.”

Pushpa was stunned by his words and sat statuesquely still in her chair, as though paralyzed. He would not stop with her; he would kidnap and drain her friends Shilpi and Yamini too.

Some days lapsed, and Shilpi and Yamini had chatted about their classes and their dates; and Yamini remembered Pushpa and asked her friends and classmates about her. But nobody had seen or heard from Pushpa. Then, Shilpi remembered the café they had gone to for tea, and she and Yamini headed to the café to search for Pushpa. That evening, when they had entered the café and sat at their table with hot coffee, the black man sat at his usual table in the corner and watched them surreptitiously. Thery drank coffee and slowly remembered the night of the tea party, discussing Pushpa’s dates and then leaving the café and Pushpa alone there.

Yamini separated from Shilpi and began to search around the café. After a few minutes, she called to Shilpi and they looked at a plot of earth behind the café, where Pushpa’s thongs lay.

“Shilpi, Pushpa had left the café after us in her bare feet. Her thongs are here but they are not broken.”

“Strange! Why would she leave the café without her thongs?”

A few minutes later, Yamini returned inside the cafe to use the public toilets, and Shilpi stayed outside to wait. When Yamini emerged from the café, she was barefooted and she asked Shilpi whether she had seen or taken her sandals; but Shilpi had neither seen nor stolen them. Yamini began to search for them inside the café and, soon, she saw the black man. But she failed to notice that her sandals were under his table. Instead, she noticed him playing with his silver chain, like that night of the tea party. A few minutes later, Yamini lost consciousness.

Yamini awoke, one hour later, to find that she was in the same dark, unknown room; and, when she tried to move, to leave the room, she discovered that she was restrained in a chair. Like Pushpa, her hands were tied to the arms of her chair, her bare feet tied to the legs and her legs were spread apart. Yamini realized that she had been kidnapped; but, when she tried to scream, her voice was muffled and unclear. Fear welled in her heart and she tried to move, to raise each leg. A waft of cold damp air around her thighs and calves warned her that she was exposed below her waist. At first, Yamini doubted that she had been kidnapped for sex.

At the moment when Yamini had awakened, Shilpi had gone inside the café to search for her; and, after a few minutes, she saw then sandals under the black man’s table. But neither he nor Yamini was in the cafe. However, lying on the table was the silver chain and pendant. A few minutes after Shilpi had come to the table, it suddenly stood up and started to move. Shilpi watched it, mesmerized, and slowly lost consciousness. When she awoke, she sat in another wooden chair, beside Yamini, and she was restrained and gagged in the same manner.

Just when Shilpi and Yamini wondered what had happened to Pushpa, the black man emerged from the shadows ahead of them and his true manner and appearance shocked them so much that they sat back virtually paralyzed in their chairs and he drained their bodies one after another.

Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:53 pm
WaterSpout wrote a review...

Hello there, fellow writer. This short story's title caught my interest like the black man's pendant caught the three girls, so I went ahead and checked it out. Just as a side note, this might not be suitable for everyone, as some will find the descriptions uncomfortable. But to me, this short is pretty enjoyable and at the same time creepy. Good job with that.
I cannot say I'm an expert at reviewing stories, but the descriptions you gave before the kidnapping, to the horrendous man's physical alien-like features, to the worrying end was amazing. I did not note any bad transitions except for a few words, but nothing big. Of course, that depends on how attentive you are.

Now, for the grammar:

Pushpa, aged seventeen years, with dark complexioned skin, long thin fingers and toes, melon-like breasts and elliptical eyes, from a lower caste and whose father was a laborer in the city, had gone for tea at a small roadside cafe in the district with her friends.

You should add commas. But I notice you made the sentence too long, so maybe consider breaking it down to at least two.
On the subject of commas, there were many instances where there weren't necessary commas and where they weren't needed.
In the thick darkness around her, Pushpa, who had lost consciousness, suddenly until then, had been tied tightly into a wooden chair with her bare legs and feet tied apart.

Also, change into to onto, because you can't go inside a chair.

But, one hour later, she awoke in a strange and dimly lit unknown room; and she tried to move, but she could not

The first part seems like it needs a comma, but it wouldn't make sense. Or would it? Maybe change the the and's placement? But the last and is not needed.
Throughout the debate, they had spoken animatedly and looked at each other, but nobody noticed a tall black skinned foreign-looking man* sitting in one corner and handling a silver pendant with a small green stone.

I'm not sure what that asterisk is for
“You must be surely aware of the amount and the strength of your energy..."

Change be's placement to be in front of surely, because it's awkward reading it the way it is.

And I think that is it. Good job in storytelling. Just make sure you use the right grammar. It was nowhere near bad, I'm not saying that, but everyone could always improve. Anyways, that's going to wrap it up.
Overall, I enjoyed this different short, keep on writing them.
With caution,

WaterSpout

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:02 pm
Stormblessed242 wrote a review...

Hello, Stormblessed242 here!
Wow, this gave me some chills! It's definitely scary. There are a few mistakes in your writing, but I'll point those out for you. There are a few sentences where what your trying to say is unclear, or too vague. One thing I especially noticed is that you said "sensuously." Did you mean to say "sensually?" That means something different, and would fit better with your theme.

He declined, then, to explain.

The black man declined to react and remained unemotional,

The word "declined" is usually used when speaking is involved. Try saying something more like "the black man did not react and remained emotionless."

The thought processes of your characters is a little wonky. They seem out of order and awkward. Try picturing what your response would be to those situations, then write accordingly.

Finally, when you post this, you should mark it 16+ for mature content. Some people don't want to read stuff like this, and marking it beforehand is helpful.

Other than all that, this is really good! Keep writing!

Hope this helped,
Stormblessed242

"I think; therefore, I am."
— René Descartes