z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

A Poem About Love

by PandaRawr


Blue is the color of the sea,
of clear skies and violets in the breeze.
It is new beginnings and serenity,
and love that goes into infinity.

Green is the color of life and freedom
of old age that brings wisdom.
It is joyful laughs on a summer day
and children running out to play.

Brown is the color of the earth,
of deep forests, and a chocolate kiss.
It is the warmth and peace of home
and of never having to be alone.

The colors of the soul, revealed through the eyes,
the colors of love that never dies.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
378 Reviews


Points: 1276
Reviews: 378

Donate
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 am
Soulkana wrote a review...



Hello Panda!!! Soul here to review for you!

Must state that reviewing poetry to me is always a challenge. Still, I do like this poem. The imagery is great. But maybe add in more colors than just three? It may add to the images being made. However, I find it very beautiful and not very much I find wrong such as grammar and spelling.

The second to last line seems rather long compared to the rest of the poem. Perhaps placing "revealed through the eyes" as a separate line? Again, only a suggestion on that but good job Panda!

I will be very sure to read more of your works! Hope this review gives some help and inspiration for you.

Sincerely,
Soulkana<3




User avatar
662 Reviews


Points: 52441
Reviews: 662

Donate
Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:13 pm
dogs wrote a review...



Why hello there Panda! I'm just reviewing everything of yours today :D, Dogs once again with your review. To start, I really really liked this poem, you have such excellent imagery and I just love how you mixed the colors and gave us a whole new definition of them.

"It is new beginnings and serenity,"

Excellent vocab use here, I love the word serenity. Also, in this piece your rhyming is smooth as silk, I don't think I found any errors with the rhyming. Excellent excellent job there.

"It is joyful laughs on a summer day"

I think you should find a better descriptor for "on a" here. You could say "dancing on a summers.." or some other creative word that you can think of.

"and children running out to play"

Minor nit pick here, but "play" is the only word that seems just a tad bit forced in terms of the rhyming. Just at tad, try editing that bit.

"The colors of the soul, revealed through the eyes,"

Well here "eyes" sounds also just a tiny bit forced. Also this line is a little too long in comparison to the rest of your poem, try cutting out some lines or maybe just breaking it in half. New line after "soul," All and all a lovely poem and I loved reading it. So far my favorite of what you've written :), let me know if you ever need a review. Keep up the good work!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032





My existence is political. And love is my statement.
— Kevin Abstract