z

Young Writers Society



My father with his poison tongue

by SheepMonoxide


My father with his poison tongue

My father has a poison tongue
Like a snake he spits it out
Laced with lies and evil.
He uses it to make us hurt
Causes pain and upheaval

My father is deadly spider
Spinning his web of lies.
He made me think it was her fault.
She told me to take it all
With a pinch of salt.

But I had to write these verses
To get it off my chest
And now I do realize
All trust is gone, I guess.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1227 Reviews


Points: 144125
Reviews: 1227

Donate
Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:57 pm
alliyah wrote a review...



Hey there, nice poem, there's alot of emotion in just these few verses. I didn't see any spelling mistakes but there were a couple edits you could do.

Edits:
I would capitalize all the words in the title to make it seem more pollished. Although there were some rhymes in the 1st and 2nd stanza and even the 3rd stanza you could add even more rhyme or switch some lines around to make it seem more rhymy.
Another thing I would suggest would be to not italicize "He" in the 2nd stanza because I'm not sure that it adds, or what the italics mean in that line.

I would take a secound look at the 1st stanza for commas and periods as well because I think it's missing some punctuation.

You have alot of interesting thoughts and personifications throughout the poem and it was an easy read. Thank you for posting and good luck in continuing to write! :)

~Alliyah~




User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 1380
Reviews: 34

Donate
Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:19 pm
sockmonkey wrote a review...



I especially like this piece while I cannot relate It to my dad luckily I can understand what you mean. you described the fathers deceitful nature very well and didn't" put to much description into any one thing.great job and make more sheep monoxide.






Thankyou, I'm glad you like it. :D I will do. :)



User avatar


Points: 790
Reviews: 2

Donate
Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:10 pm
ShardsOfGlass wrote a review...



I really liked this piece. It reminds me of how I feel when my dad gets angry with me. He tends to lie and say bad things when he's mad and it makes me feel hurt and it makes me feel like I can't trust him anymore. This poem is a great representation of a parent who's angry and the child that can only say how they felt about it through a poem. I didn't see anything wrong other than this: "My father is deadly spider" needs to be "My father is a deadly spider."






Thanks! Glad you liked it. I'll sort out that out! Lol :)




Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar