Lilly evans' diary

by Charlii101

Dear diary

A funny thing happened today, me and petunia were just sitting on the swings. so i got bored of just swinging backwards and fourth and i think Petunia knew what i was going to do because, before i did anything she shouted Lilly don't do it, so i simply jumped and kind of flown through the air and landed lightly on the ground. Should have seen petunia's face she was in shock horror. When i tuned around to look at her she was saying something about mummy not liking it at all, well i just laughed at her face. She looked to funny trying to be all strict and serious so i thought i would creep her out some more. i called her over and to a near by bush and picked up a flower. i opened my palm and forced it's petals to open and close of course Petunia shrieked and asked me how i did it when i dropped it, which was when the funny thing happened! a skinny black haired boy wearing short jeans, a shabby over large coat and a odd smock like top jumped out of know where and said he knew how i could do this 'magic' stuff he called me a witch and he said his mum was one and he was a wizard, how ever Petunia fell about laughing coldly and said she knew him he was the Snape boy who lived down spinners lane by the river. Apparently he had been spying on me and Petunia his cheeks went very red when Petunia asked him why, he turned around and called her a muggle. What is that? And how did he know me?

Love Lilly Evans

Okay...as someone who has read quite a bit of Harry Potter...this is something that's always fun to run into. There are hundreds of thousands of HP fanfics out there so someone has probably done something like this but personally I've never run into something quite from this perspective before, so this makes for a fresh new look at the lore there.

This seems to be playing off the few scenes we saw in the movies, I think....I don't fully remember, but I think I saw a scene like this at some point. At any rate, I think as far as a diary entry goes, this one passes the test. You'd expect someone Lily's age to react somewhat like this and also write down an event like this in here diary...so makes for a solid little start.

And well, I don't really have much wrong to point out here, except for maybe the fact that this is perhaps a little too long to be a single paragraph. There's certainly a couple of scenes taking place here so it would make sense to split it up into two smaller pieces here.

Other than that, yeah, this is a pretty solid diary entry here.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:14 am
Soulkana says...

Epicness haha good luck and i'll read more when my laptop isn't on reserve battery. Bye bye good luck and happy writing!!!!!
Soulkana<3

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:38 pm
Celticmusicgirl wrote a review...

This is an interesting piece you have here. I noticed a few grammar mistakes like the pronoun "I" not being capitalized and in the first couple of sentences I notice you accidently didn't capitalize Petunia. From what I gather some of these were probably on purpose. It is a bit hard to picture the characters though. This could use just a bit more description. What color hair do Lilly and Petunia have? What were they wearing? Stuff like that would help the readers picture the characters a bit better.
Overall, I thought it was really cute. Petunia seems almost like an overprotective parent which is kinda cute. Lily is of course an average kid just doing what kids do.
Probably my fave part was the part where the little boy called Petunia a muggle and Lilly is like what is that?

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:40 pm
Mikko says...

Wow! I love this! Especially how you portray Lily and Petunia as little girls before they came into contact with the real magical world!

Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:41 pm
Lunasol21 wrote a review...

*has spaz attack and falls on floor* I LOOVVVEEE HARRY POTTER ~
Okay, I'm done. haha
I really like it, but the grammar should be fixed (unless it is on purpose, which I get since this takes place when Lily and Petunia are young). Also, perhaps using more imagery would add to the diary aspect of the piece.
Major props for playing off of Harry Potter!

Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:07 pm
Rachymare wrote a review...

I like it :) Im guessing the spelling mistakes were on purpose?
It made it more, young and mystical tbh :)
I like how you play it out, and leave it on somthing that leaves the mind wondering :)
Really nice, keep writing :)

Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:01 pm
Emmzziee wrote a review...

this is really sweet, yet... very mysterious too :)
It leaves a lot to the imagination and I like that.
..."Love Lilly Evans."
I don't know why but that sounds really spooky and mystical..!
It's awesome :D xxxx

It's a pity the dictionary has only one definition of beauty. In my world, there are 7.9 billion types of it- all different and still beautiful.
— anne27