z

Young Writers Society



Legend of Arapt

by TheBoyWhoFloed


I wrote this story last summer. Enjoy!

“Are you done yet?” she said knocking on the stall door.

“Almost,” I chuckled back.

“Hurry up! The movie is going to start in,” I could fell her looking at her watch. “Five, no four minutes! What are you doing in there?”

Finally I swung the door open and stepped out of the dressing room stall, my mom. “Sorry, I just wanted to put my new clothes on.” I take a final look back in the stall at the mirror, checking myself out. And who said I4 shouldn’t be sexy. Gosh, and you tell me to be patient”

“C’mon! Three minutes!” my mother said quickly. She grabbed my hand and ran for the movie theater. On the way out of the store my mom tripped over her feet, catching herself quickly. Making us both laugh, but we just keep running.

Still laughing, we could see the movie theater now. Suddenly, my mom stopped. The momentum keeps me moving until I’m about five feet away from her. The smile that was just glazed over her face had melted away.

Mom, what are you doing? There’s a minute left!” I yell at her, but she isn’t paying attention. She just stares ahead. “Mom, C’mon!”

I turn to see what has stolen her gaze. It was a girl, a few years older than me. She had brown hair to about her shoulders.

She wore a long leather coat, worn by age. The bottom of the coat reached above her ankles. Underneath, she had a white spaghetti strap. Her pants were baggy and dark, and holes worn in the knees. Her feet were covered by black, heavy, marine boots. As I looked upon her, it was as though I had known her since forever.

“Some mother you were,” she had said faintly.

I saw that my mom was somewhat paralyzed, but I do not know why. It seemed like forever, just a stare down between the strange girl, and my mom. She reached into her right pocket, and pulled out a small pistol. The barrel of the gun was aimed at my mother. I was too stunned to do anything. The bullet shot out of the chamber, leaving small sparks. So many things have raced through my mind at that time. I tried to make it to my mother, and push her out of the way, but my life seemed to go slow motion. The shrieks from the people around me did nothing but phase right though me. The bullet passed through her corps, and she fell to the ground.

I ran to my mother, whose body is now lying on the ground. The blood had poured from her soulless body, staining the tiles of the floor. The river of tears has started to flow down my face. I get down on the ground, pick my mothers head up and ask her why this has happened? She’s bleeding badly from the left side of her chest. My emotions tangled in knots.

I turn around, the girl is gone. I see people pointing all in one direction and then I hear more gunshots, at least five. More screaming, chaos, and fear reeked among this place. It wreaked my mind, tormenting me.

I try to stand. But I stagger and fall to the ground. People a starting to crowd and things are getting fuzzy. I hear the voices that sound like whispers. I can barely see now and I can’t move. I finally give in to the torture and tumble from consciousness.

Hours later, I awake in a hospital room, lying in a cot. My right arm had been covered in tape, under it was an ivy to help me from dehydrating. I look upwards, and I see a light. A shadowy figure comes above me, and I start to come back to reality.

“Wh….. where am I?” I whispered under my breath.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
685 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 685

Donate
Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:16 pm
Rei wrote a review...



Yes, it was a bit rushed, but if you slow down and give us a nothing few minutes to get to know the characters before the conflict gets going. it could be really good. You've got a very natural-sounding narrative voice that's about telling a story and not being fancy with language. It's a great relief from a lot of the stuff I run into.




User avatar
267 Reviews


Points: 1050
Reviews: 267

Donate
Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:26 pm
Boni_Bee wrote a review...



“Some mother you were,” she had said faintly.


Does the g.irl or the mom say that???

This is interesting, but I'm not sure that its going anywhere. Everything is introduced really quickly, and it is extremly rushed. It was hard to work out who was saying/doing what, since you only ever said 'she' once the g.irl turned up....
But it's an intriguing story line....

anyway, good job. :)




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 1160

Donate
Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:36 pm
Elizabeth wrote a review...



And who said I4 shouldn’t be sexy. Gosh, and you tell me to be patient”

I don't know if this is where the talking began or if the quotation mark was a mistake... You tend to forget to put or accidentally put quotation marks around.

The shrieks from the people around me did nothing but phase right though me. The bullet passed through her corps, and she fell to the ground.

CORPS should be CORPSE?

This was very interesting. It moved a bit too fast though, I mean, I don't understand anything, where were they when they got shot? (I'm kinda slow) And why did the lady shoot them?

Hmm... if you continued this it would be interesting to see what would happen... but from this you should add a bit more, don't be ashamed to rant in detail, although too much is an annoying thing :P

Nice job!





A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles