Graffiti.

by Lord Anzius

GRAFFITI.

What Is Graffiti? Graffiti could be simple scratch marks, a marker picture, spray painting or an elaborate wall painting. Graffiti can be found everywhere around the world. It can be found as a form of vandalism, art, commercial, demonstration or even a protest. Some people take a fee from people who want to see their graffiti. Some street gangs use graffiti to mark their so called “territory”. It is used to make your voice heard to take your opinions to others, to make a nasty joke on some one, graffiti is not just art it is a form of communication.

Misunderstandings.

Some peoples think that graffiti is from the 20th century. But actually graffiti is very old it might even be as old as the human race. As evidence we have old wall paintings and carvings.

And unlike many people often think graffiti is not only vandalism it can also be beautiful and breathe taking art and not only a form of vandalism.

Modern graffiti.

Modern graffiti can be divided into multiple groups: Old School is style that was used in the 60-90, new school is style that was born somewhere in the 90ties, computer made graffiti, illegal graffiti, spray paint graffiti, paint graffiti and many other similar groups.

Ancient graffiti consists more or less from carvings, paintings and pieces of art worth a small fortune.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:09 am
Relaxistence88 wrote a review...

Hello there! Relaxistence88 here :)

Not much a review....more like my personal thoughts..

Most graffiti is clearly art. Some is derivative, boring art. Some is creative art. Some is deeply insightful and moving art. Some graffiti is both vandalism and art.

I suppose some is mostly pure destructive vandalism but much of what I have seen is boring or creative art. The bar is not that high. All it takes to be art is to be symbolic of something or some way in the real or imagined universe and beyond.

Okay, that's all I guess. I hope to see more of your essay works! Keep writing and stay inspired! :D

Warm regards,

Relaxistence88

Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:59 am
lilymoore wrote a review...

Hello, the name is lily and I’ll be you’re reviewer today…hehe, what you start doing when you’re a waitress. Okay, on to the review.

The first thing I’m going to say is that, this needs more substance. They idea isn’t bad but it could contain so much more information. For instance, under the section headed “Modern Graffiti” go into more vivid description rather than just rambling off lists. It will show your interest in the subject.

Also, in you’re first paragraph, take a little time to dwell on each subject. That’s all I really have to say. You need to make each point more valid, more interesting. Yeah, it’s structurally sound, but it has no pulse. So, maybe just stop by the writers blood-bank and pick up something to pump into its veins. If you feel like reworking this piece, I would be happy to see it up and alive, so, you know, pm me.

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg