The UNO Reverse

by KateHardy

Wed May 29, 2024 5:49 am
WeepingWisteria wrote a review...

Hello, Stranger! I'm Wist here to leave a review for your poem.

I want to start by saying that I adore when poets try to find poetry in the unpoetic, and your meme format is no different! It takes something most people know about and puts a unique poetic spin on it to make it your own. Also, the cultural context of the meme helps readers figure out what emotions you're trying to convey with your poem, especially since you're writing two contradicting ideas. The first image of Drake looking away shows the reader this stanza expresses the opposite of the speaker's intentions and true feelings. While Drake's more positive face shows that the second stanza is the message the reader should walk away with! Maybe you just wrote it to be silly, but I'm telling you all this to encourage you to continue exploring this style! I think it's more of a tool than you might realize.

Now, let's move on to the words themselves. Your poem plays the classic struggle between changing yourself to like others and staying true to your authentic self, which is always an excellent trope to play with, especially when you explore it uniquely, such as your meme form. Exploring relatable topics like that is a beautiful way to appeal to a larger audience when introducing a new form that others might not know how to react to. So, good choice of theme! Regarding diction, I would say that you stuck to a pretty simple word bank throughout your poem, but don't take that as a bad thing! Since memes are casual, an overly flowery and formal vocabulary would probably not fit well with them. So, a simple and casual word choice is a great fit!

Overall, Kate, this is a fun poem! It wears its form well and still conveys a timeless theme despite its goofy nature. I'm glad to have read it, and I hope you keep exploring all of the silly avenues of poetry!

Happy Writing!
Wist

KateHardy says...

Thank you soo much for the revieww!

Of courseee <33

Wed May 29, 2024 5:12 am
ToastK wrote a review...

Hi, I’m toast and I’m here to review your………… uh…… poem?… yeah, poem the Uno reverse.

First of all, the quantum calculation you did on the xyz-intercept axis of the parabola, adding them to the function g(dx) and then square rootin it to the……

Okay, for real though, this is such a short yet amazing message in the form of a meme+poem.

The drake pictures add so much more humor and character to an already great message

I’m my own woman
Let them change

is an actual awesome line and the “*shrugs” is the cherry on top.

Overall, not only is this poem humorous, but it’s also just a great poem with words made of latin alphabets smashed together in English’s ridiculous orthography.

11/10 would definitely +4 change to green again.
I hope you could feel my sarcasm in this. If you didn’t, I’ll put a /s at the end. The poem was genuinely good tho.

AnotherCrowInRow wrote a review...

I just love this...poem? Meme? Poememe? Both??? Whatever name I give it, it doesn't change the fact that using a meme template as a "poetic device" (welcome back to middle school literature class) made me smile a lot more than I expected. Simply put, a great poem in a great (and maybe even special, if you prefer that term) performance. I'm not saying that I'm trying to give you an idea (um, um), but how about creating more poems like this? I personally am ready to read them for a long time :D

KaavyaK says...

This poem is more like a meme and it also conveys the message.
Great.
Keep it up.

Fri May 24, 2024 4:31 am
Moonlily wrote a review...

Hello Hello I hope you dont mind me popping in a review. Now I cant remember if I have reviewed your work before ( If so I am so so sorry that I cant recall it.) This will be a very brief and I mean brief review.

I will admit that a poem through memes is a new one. Props to you I don't think I would come to the idea of making a poem through a meme. ( I do however make memes of books instead) I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I was not ready for a meme when clicking on it.

The poem itself has a nice uplifting theme and is relatable. I don't really have any feedback since it's so short.

As always keep creating and drink water!

I know where the wall goes.
— Creed, the Office