Love hurts in a way no one can explain

by Jaylovesmusic

I liked her, but I not only liked her, I fell in love with her. I could never stop thinking about her, she was amazing, she was beautiful. but this is how I would've said it to her:

I like you, but not in the way most people think, I picture you & me dancing in the rain in the middle of nowhere. I think of you when I want to go to the beach and get some frozen yogurt & mess around in the water. I want to stargaze with you, & I want to sneak out of your house cause we stayed up late talking, I want to talk about you to my friends, in every good way possible. But it's not like I could ever tell you.  I don't like you, I love you, in the way luz loves amity or in the way prince charming loves cinderella or belle loves beast. I don't want a stereotypical fairy tale ending, I want my ending with you. 

How could I ever tell her, she is my best friend.  

- Jay 

They/them

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:42 am
22Midnight wrote a review...

Hi names 22Midnight
here for a read and review

this is so something that i can relate to, a mean the uncertainty of what they might say if you tell them the truth.

what if there not feeling the same way as you and you end up losing your best friend but also your crush.

in the end sometimes it's better to just remain silent instead of speaking, but some rare times speaking up and telling dem the truth is better then not saying anything.

only thing i'd point out about this is i'm not real sure what you meant when you said luz in one of the lines, mind clarifying what you mean?

love is wonderful but it's hard and confusing as well and it comes with is sacrifices for sure.

this is real relatable there for a good read

hope you have a great Day/Night

anyway see ya!

Luz, is a character from the tv show The owl house, search up luz and amity the owl house and you will see what i mean. But thank you so much for annotating and telling me what you think about this peace i wrote.

angelinamar wrote a review...

Hello Jay! I really liked your piece here. (It makes me feel happy that there are still some soft nice loving guys out there. lol) I loved how you compared your love to luz and amity, prince charming and belle, (etc.. ), it just goes to show how strong and deep your for her is. My favorite part is "I want to sneak out of your house cause we stayed up late talking."

"How could I ever tell her she is my best friend." - Just a suggestion, that 'she is' becomes 'she's'. I just feel like the 'she is' is dragging the sentence.

But overall I really liked your piece, and I think you should keep writing things like this. I hope you do end up telling your best friend how you feel, and hopefully everything goes well. :)

Hello! thank you very much for your advice, but i am just going to correct you on something, I'm not a man nor a woman, i am simply just a person.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 am
EllieMae wrote a review...

Hey there :D My name is Ellie and I wanted to leave a quick review on this lovely piece. Let's get right into it, shall we?

I liked her, but I not only liked her, I fell in love with her.

This caught my attention right away. What a powerful way to begin!

she was beautiful. but this is how I would've said it to her:

You might want to capitalize the 'but' since it seems like the rest of the piece uses capitalization.

Now on to the lovely thought you shared!

You describe a lot of beautiful and romantic settings. I am really drawn into your writing style. It feels so free and easy to read!

I picture you & me dancing in the rain in the middle of nowhere. I think of you when I want to go to the beach and get some frozen yogurt & mess around in the water. I want to stargaze with you, & I want to sneak out of your house cause we stayed up late talking,

how wonderful to all of those sound :) you must love this person very dearly!

I love all of these fairytale references you make! Such an amazing way to get your point across.

But it's not like I could ever tell you. I don't like you, I love you, in the way luz loves amity or in the way prince charming loves cinderella or belle loves beast.

love it!!! <3333

My favourite parts were these last two lines. They end this piece so well and really make you feel.

I don't want a stereotypical fairy tale ending, I want my ending with you.

I love how you tie in the fairytale references to the first line. Ahh, the tragedy of not being able to tell someone how you feel about them. From reading this, I can see you are amazing with words. I bet anything you wrote for someone would make them feel appreciated and loved <33

Take care! Your friend,
Ellie Mae

Hi, ellie mae, thank you so much for telling me what you think. I would love to read your writting sometime!
- Love Jay

Ashitaka says...

Pretty Good way you convey the emotions of a man who's in Love,yet he doesn't know how to tell her.And there's the fear of rejectionI resonate,I relate with you. Way to Go:)

Thanks for your input, but I'm just going to say, I'm not a man, nor a woman for that fact.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:48 am
dm74 wrote a review...

I relate to this so much! I'm going through something like this myself, but I just told my friend I think I'm in love with her the other night. I love the way you put the words together. It's beautiful, raw, and real. I was able to visualize everything.

My favorite part

Stereotypical happy endings are boring. The ending with the person you love is much more exciting because it will be unique to you and yours.

A part to remember
I think a lot of people struggle with this, but if your friend is truly your best friend, she will understand and you will get through this.

Hello, thank you so much for telling me your thoughts, I love it so much.
-Love Jay

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief