z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Edge of Tomorrow

by ariah347


Hanging on the edge of changes, I claw to the top,

Where an unknown exists screaming echoes as I wait,

Retching on sidelines preparing for the bottom to drop,

And the guards to drag me back down as they infiltrate.

━ ◦ ❖ ◦━

I search for a glimmer in the darkness, anything as a sign, 

A way to metamorphosize the prophecies in my mind.

━ ◦ ❖ ◦━

Reverberations ricochet as time crystallizes and my fingernails bleed,

Seconds turn to minutes, and minutes to hours.

Seconds turn to minutes, and minutes to hours.

My hopes and hauntings battle in a ribcage prison with desperate need.

Minutes turn to hours, and hours to days.

Minutes turn to hours, and hours to days.

━ ◦ ❖ ◦━

When will I leave limbo behind and open the door to a dream?

When my hands give out? When the clock stops ticking?

When I'm awake, eyes wide open, with reality as it may seem?

Is the entrance barricaded or inviting me to come kicking?

━ ◦ ❖ ◦━

I search for the little hand reaching out for someone like me,

Longing to give the soul of its extension love and safety.

━ ◦ ❖ ◦━

Tiny laughter rings out with silhouettes of memories in "someday"

Days turn to weeks, and weeks to months.

Days turn to weeks, and weeks to months.

Clutching onto the turf and holding out that it isn't so faraway.

Will months turn to years?

Will months turn to years? 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 319
Reviews: 35

Donate
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:56 am
dm74 wrote a review...



This poem beautifully captures the journey of navigating through uncertainty and seeking hope amidst darkness.

The imagery of "Hanging on the edge of changes" vividly depicts the feeling of being on the brink of transformation, while "clawing to the top" evokes a sense of determination and resilience.

The repetition of "Seconds turn to minutes, and minutes to hours" emphasizes the passage of time and the endurance required in facing challenges.

The longing for a sign in the darkness and the search for a glimmer of hope are portrayed with emotional depth, resonating with anyone who has grappled with uncertainty.

The imagery of "Reverberations ricochet as time crystallizes and my fingernails bleed" evokes a visceral sense of struggle and the physical toll of perseverance.

The contemplation of leaving limbo behind and embracing a dream adds a layer of introspection and introspective inquiry, inviting readers to ponder their own paths to fulfillment.

The imagery of "Tiny laughter rings out with silhouettes of memories in 'someday'" beautifully captures the fleeting moments of joy amidst uncertainty, while also hinting at the passage of time and the cyclical nature of hope.

Overall, this poem skillfully weaves together imagery and emotion to convey a powerful message of resilience, hope, and the enduring pursuit of dreams.




User avatar


Points: 212
Reviews: 3

Donate
Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:25 pm
View Likes
TheoCannot wrote a review...



Hello there! I'm TheoCannot, here to review this amazing poem!

First, the language. It's really advanced, i suppose you read a lot. And on one hand, it's amazing, but on the other hand, many people might not be able to understand the meaning of them, leading to misunderstandings in interpretations. But! It's very good that you use this kind of advanced language;)

Despite a few things I couldn't understand without help (love you, google), I'm mesmerized with the poem. The meaning... It hits you hard. The way you repeat some things, the questions you ask... It all, along with the words you choose, creates a meaningfull, harmonious whole.





If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson