Have a Good Clucking Day

by KateHardy

Have a good clucking day,
Mister Chicken Clay.
Poking about in the hay,
staying out of the fray.

Have a good clucking day,
in the sunshine's ray,
not having to pay,
to have a peaceful lay.

Have a good clucking day,
eating off of the tray,
the wolves will stay away,
as long as you go not astray.

Have a good clucking day,
until its time to find the way,
to the land where you stay,
after you decay.

Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:02 am
Rose says...

Hey Kate!

Just a quick thing from me here. I must say that I absolutely loved the poem! This charming poem celebrates the simple joys of a chicken named Mister Chicken Clay. It's a reminder of all life's good little things. Ever since joining this platform, chickens seem to be a lot more amazing!

Me,
Rose

AuthenticallyAngie wrote a review...

Hello! Your neighborhood Angie here to leave a review :)
As I read the poem for the first time, one of my immediate thoughts was, "This is a really good poem!" I love the rhythm, the comedy, and the little bit of pettiness. (like the review said below) "Clucking" sounds really close to the f-bomb, so it sounds a lot like the narrator is petty towards the chicken, which only adds to the comedy of it.
As I said earlier, there are several things you execute very nicely in the poem. The rhythm stays constant throughout the entire poem, and the rhyming scheme was very well written. The repetition you used was a very nice part of telling the story.
Overall, I loved the poem. I like the pettiness and the rhyme scheme, the repetition and rhythm. I love the comedy elements in it too. Good job!!

sugarscherrypop wrote a review...

This is the first thing I read from this genre. I laughed the entire time because in my head I could hear it as a rap. I like how "clucking" sounds so close to the f-bomb that it sounds like the f-bomb but it is, it's a chicken telling you to "Have a good clucking day". I enjoyed this a lot! I've also noticed that you have a lot of stuff on chickens... You must like this genre a lot.

- Cher

HalfheartedAmateur wrote a review...

Title: Have a Good Clucking Day
I hope you have a good clucking day as your title presents to us readers as well. I like the usage of "clucking" to illustrate the theme of chickens instead of using swear words or another language to mislead us readers about what this poem may be about.

Commentaries/Interpretations:
"Mister Chicken Clay" - Out of curiosity of what would pop up on my search engine, I copy and pasted this and the top result was this which I think you'll be amused by and enjoy a good goofy/silly chicken song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic_V0d17hAU&t=9s

Overall:
This poem could easily be morphed into a song with either a guitar but I'm getting more ukulele vibes or it could probably fit any genre of music if you put your mind to it. Anyway, this poem was top tier and I really enjoyed reading.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:18 pm
kirchallyson wrote a review...

Hey, Ally here for a review.
I saw the genre chickens and couldn't resist hopping on here, and I am so glad that I did. I think the use of "Have a good clucking day." is very clever. I love poetry, and usually a rhyming scheme isn't really my thing, but I enjoy the rhyming of this poem and find that it compliments the poem well. It truly shows what it would like to be a chicken, to not have to worry about stuff like school or jobs, but rather just do as you please and relax. The second stanza really spoke to me because of this, especially with the lines "Not having to pay, to have a peaceful lay."
Overall, amazing job on this chicken poem!
Chickens 4ever lol

Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:47 pm
4revgreen wrote a review...

Your poem paints a really charming picture of a carefree and happy chicken, going about its day and enjoying simple pleasures like 'poking about in the hay' and eating from a tray. The use of imagery such as "sunshine's ray" and "peaceful lay" enhances the visual experience of the poem.
The rhyme structure in the poem is well-crafted and adds to the overall enjoyment of the poem. This creates a consistent and predictable rhyme structure, which adds to its musicality and makes it pleasant to read out loud! The poem's message kind of interpreted to mean finding joy in life's simple pleasures, is relatable and uplifting, making it a delightful and positive piece of poetry.
I love chicken poems so much

Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:52 am
foxmaster wrote a review...

When I saw the genre: Chickens I had no idea what to expect. So I read this, and I think, Poems are not really my thing.
I enjoyed this.
The rhyming was really smart. The ending was good. It was interesting. Didn't ramble on and on and on and on and ON. This is what I like in poems.
The cover was cool. I recommend this.
So, great job! Chicken poems are definitely your thing. If I overlooked anything let me know.
-Foxmaster

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles