The Comedi-hen

by KateHardy

There was once a great comedi-hen in Burns

with a enviable hen-semble of puns

that brought much delight

to the crowd in firelight.

The comedi-hen always drew

crowds that always grew

those with in-peck-able taste

that came in great haste.

There were jokes about the poul-tree

jokes setting your soul free

jokes about egg-straterrestrial geese

and even sometimes about cheese.

Until one day the poultry-geist

would pull of a great heist

and the comedi-hen in Burns

was robbed of all the puns.

On a day that was truly bleak

with no shine to their beak

the comedi-hen made their eggs-it

and in a dark corner did sit.

Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:13 am
RokitaVivi wrote a review...

Your chicken poetry is so fun, I almost want to read it again. The poem is very playful in playing with the format and puns. I love the chicken puns throughout it and how you used it, that was great. I can tell you were have a fun time coming up with chicken puns. The cherry on top is that the comedian is also a chicken. I'd give it 5 chickens out of 5 for this review.
.
.
.
Goodnight and good morning, Rokita.

Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:56 am
4revgreen wrote a review...

Hello again! Green here to review this awesome poem!

I loved the overall playfulness of this piece, it's clever piece of writing in which you've used a variety of literary devices to bring humor and wit to your audience. The use of puns throughout the poem is one of these key literary device, as the you've cleverly weaves jokes about poultry and eggs into the poem - and all your puns made me giggle out loud! The jokes are clever and playful, and they add to the overall lighthearted tone of the piece. The jokes about "egg-straterrestrial geese" and "poul-tree" are especially entertaining, and they are sure to bring a smile to the reader's face.

I like the the final two stanzas of the poem as the narrative takes a turn, as the comedi-hen is robbed of all its puns. This twist provides a surprising end to the piece, and it adds an playful element of darkness to the poem.

The rhyming couplets help provide a solid rhythmic structure, and they help to reinforce the jokes and puns throughout. The rhyming couplets also make the poem easy to read and memorable, as the repeated pattern of the rhymes sticks in the reader's mind. Additionally, the rhyming helps to unify all of the different jokes and puns, twisting them together into a cohesive whole.

I don't have much in the way of constructive criticism!

Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:20 pm

Wow, I…I don’t know what to say. This is so…so moving. Being a comedian is hard, but a comedi-hen? Forget it. The chicken had a good run at least. I’m sure that it was the finest jokester that ever was. It must have made grand puns if it were to get cancelled. We will always keep the comedi-hen in our very hearts.

I wish you a fabulous day and night.

TheMythMaster says...

*claps and nods assuredly*

KateHardy says...

*Bows*

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto (I am a man, I don't consider anything human foreign to me)
— Terence