Madness

by WinnyWriter

Calling me insane?
I don't exactly disagree.
It's not hard to see how I diverge
From accepted "normalcy,"
The way I think that others don't -
I know I feel things others won't;
The richness of my inner world
Might drive some others mad,
The swirling, storming, swift sensation
Of thoughts they've never had,
Connected like a maze of strings,
There's fifteen sides to everything,
A million thoughts, a hundred ideas,
And scores of worlds to explore;
You think I've loved a handful of times,
But I've loved a thousand times more,
And so maybe this bit of madness in me
I prefer to the dullness of sanity. 

Coffeeboyjay wrote a review...

Hi WinnyWriter,

First off WinntWriter my suggestions was the poem was alright and everything but its really good through and let me tell you why it was alright in the poem Calling me insane?
I don't exactly disagree.
It's not hard to see how I diverge
From accepted "normalcy,"
The way I think that others don't -
I know I feel things others won't;
The richness of my inner world
Might drive some others mad, WinnyWriter like in my suggestion this poem was alright nothing was wrong in my suggestion WinnyWriter.

My Compliment WinnyWriter is that reading this poem made me realize it's about someone is just mad you could had put a boy or a girl cause how we reading this how we going to figure out if its a boy or a girl WinnyWriter.

Good luck writing WinnyWriter! <33 :wink:

nashville_skyline wrote a review...

This is a really nice poem. I love the melody and the general feeling of it.
I guess it portrays a person who today's society calls a "highly sensitive person"? :-) A person who knows feeling too much brings them pain and makes their life much more complicated and even so they wouldn't exchange any of it for being just dull and "normal"?

Sometimes I'm also on the verge of going crazy from all the intense feelings I have, so I really like the name you chose for a poem.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:32 am
Stellarjay wrote a review...

Hello WinnyWriter,
I hope you are having a lovely day or night

Roses

At first I was going to comment on how a few lines didn’t match the rest and such. But I realized I was reading it wrong, if that’s even possible. You totally shaped the way I read poems now. So with that, the rhythm and tempo of this poem are absolutely amazing! I loved how it was upbeat which complemented the topic of the poem. (intentional or not). On that note, I liked how some of the lines didn’t rhyme and others did. Again, it complimented the theme of the poem.

Connected like a maze of strings,
There's fifteen sides to everything,

This just perfectly illustrates the narrator’s brain. It’s just a mass of noodles that are all, in some way or other, connected.

And scores of worlds to explore;

This person has a writer’s brain, that's for sure.

And so maybe this bit of madness in me
I prefer to the dullness of sanity.

The way you tied all the ends together in these last lines! So good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall, this was an amazing poem! It was a chiefs kiss. Also thank you for shaping the way I read poems. Anyways, I hope this review was helpful. Keep on writing and have a great rest of your day/night!
Stellarjay

WinnyWriter says...

Thanks for your glowing review. I wouldn't necessarily take poetry writing lessons from me (lol), as I'm not perfect with rhythm and meter, but I think one of the most important things about writing is remembering that it's art, so it doesn't always have to follow hard and fast rules.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:14 am
AtomicSpaceKid says...

Good rhythm and rhyme. It gives off very Alice In Wonderland vibes to me in the sense that I can imagine the Mad Hatter saying this to himself. I love the story that you told through it. My only suggestion would be to try to use some more descriptive words (which can definitely be pretty difficult in rhyming poems). In addition, be mindful of how many syllables are in each line. I suggest trying to make some practice poems using a 575 style (haikus aren’t for everyone but they can be great practice) or something similar. Other than that great job! It had great length and good storytelling.

Edit: sorry I meant for this to be a review but I forgot to toggle it!

Stellarjay says...

I will review this later!

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote