12+ Language Violence

At The Zoo - Beware of the Light Chapter 2 (Draft)

by NewHope

When you walk into the zoo a feeling of freshness fills your lungs. You look around wondering where to go first. You decide to quickly go round the main park before it gets hot. You stop at every exhibit. Always something incredible. Something you’d never see anywhere in the wild of South Africa. Crawling, rolling South American armadillos. Their shields up. No weapons, just protection. No want to fight, no need to fight. And as you watch them roll and tumble you spot through a window the sad face of a tiger.

It was the first day of Grade 8 at Marc Hutton High and the freezing cold of Winter was finally starting to thaw. Although Steven wore a heavy jacket he shivered as he walked into the school. As he timidly walked down the hallway he could see his misty breath in front of his faceHe tried to keep his head high as he walked into his new classroom, but he felt confused and lost. He looked around the classroom searching for a familiar face but, he saw nobody that he knew. He had told his mother it would be like this but she had insisted that the schools his friends were going to were horrible. He didn’t believe her for a second. The only reason she wanted him to go to this school was that his uncle was the football coach. God, he hated football. He looked out the window, trying to stare clearly through the frosted panes, but everything seemed a blur. He saw the other kids had already formed some type of groups. A group of big muscly kids stood in the right corner. Most of the girls stood next to the door looking at their reflections in handheld mirrors and whispering gossip. He put down his bag next to a desk marked Steven in the fourth row. “That’s my place, chump,” a deep voice startled him.

“No. This desk is marked St-” 

He turned around. He was looking into the face of a bully. The meaty muscly build of a future football star enshadowed him. He recognized him as the kid that terrorized the next block down the road. One encounter was enough for a lifetime. He could almost hear his mother’s voice saying, Maybe he’s changed, but he couldn’t (wouldn’t) believe that. “Steven. That’s right.” 

He couldn’t believe it. His worst nightmare had come true. Steven Hofmeyr was in his class. “Sorry. I’ll go sit somewhere else.”

“You bet you will. Get moving ass,” Hofmeyr said and slapped him on the bottom. 

He squeaked in painful surprise. “Faggot,” the bully said and walked back triumphantly to his laughing friends. 

He felt the whole class look at him at the mention of that last word. He wished he would disappear as he picked up his bag and walked back to the front of the class to look for his seat. Eventually, he found his seat in the second row, but there were a group of kids huddled around it. He tapped one of the bent-over members of the group on the shoulder and said, “Sorry to bother you.” The girl’s golden blonde hair whipped past him as she spun around to face him. “No need to worry.” He looked into her metal grey irises for a few seconds before the girl spoke again, “Sorry where are my manners? It’s nice to meet you…”

“Steven,” he said.

“I’m Felicia.”

“It’s very nice to meet you, Felicia,” he said, looking down at his feet shyly, “I’m sorry to say I think this is my desk.”

“Would you like us to move,” Felicia said politely.

“May I join?”

“Oh right. Sure. No familiar faces here either.”

“You don’t know anyone here,” he asked surprised.

“Not until this morning.”

“I haven’t seen you before either. Are you from around these parts?”

“No. My dad’s a trucker and he all of a sudden decided the bridge across the Orange River wasn’t good enough. So we had to move to this godforsaken town.”

She giggled sweetly, before asking, “Where do you live?”

“26th & 27th West.”

“Then you know Steve Hofmeyr all too well.”

“He really is just a big bloke.”

“Well, he’s standing right there in the group of muscly kids.”

“Not at school too,” she said, visibly upset.

“Why? What did he do to you?”

“He stole my shirt and dumped garbage on it. I had to dig through the garbage,” she shivered, but continued to speak, “And put on my dirty, seeping wet, smelly clothes and walk all the way home.”

“Was that the first time?”

“Yep. How about you? You ever gotten caught by his gang?”

“That's pretty harsh for the first time. And yes, I've had the pleasure."

“What happened to you?”

“They hung me from a tree limb by my underwear. Drew on my face with a permanent marker  and covered me with toilet paper.”

“What did you do?”

“Eventually the branch snapped so I ran home and told my mom.”

“What did she say?”

“That I should avoid the neighbourhood.”

Felicia covered her face dramatically and let out a long sigh. “Don’t worry. You could wait out the afternoons at my house. We live in 24th & 25th East.”

“Could I really?”

“Of course. My parents would be only too happy to help you.”

“You sure,” she said as they finally started walking back to the group. 

The bell rang and he answered her quickly, “I’m sure.”

So you run to the wild catteries, determined to cheer up a tiger. Once your little legs can’t run anymore you stop and take a breath. You look around and enter the catteries. The tiger is looking away from you and you call out to it. “Come here, kitty, kitty.” But when it comes you can’t seem to make it smile and profoundly you walk away. The cougar is much closer than the tiger and you jump in joy as you see its lolled out tongue ready to lick itself.

Steven fidgeted with the envelope as he walked around the school in search of Felicia. Steven’s flowing brown hair was trimmed back for their eleventh-grade prize giving. He walked around the corner and saw her in the midst of a group of girls. He took a deep breath, put the envelope in his pocket and tried to walk as confidently as he could. “Felicia,” he said as he got closer, he felt everyone’s eyes turn to him, “I need to talk to you. In private.” He led her back around the corner.

“What is it,” she asked, curious as to why he wanted her.

“You’ll see,” he said and handed her the envelope. She opened it up quickly and read the letter.

Two clues you must find

A special award awaits

Look where we first ate

“A scavenger hunt?”

“And we only have half an hour before school starts.”

“Well, then we better get going,” she said and started to think about the clue, “Where we first ate. Where we first ate. Where we first ate. I got it! The flowerbeds.”

Steven ran around the other side of the school building with her. “Since we only have so much time I can give you a verbal clue.”

“Go for it.”

“Swing and climb and jump and climb.”

“Huh?”

“Swing and climb and jump and climb,” he said more slowly.

“Climb. Walls. The fence. No.”

“The junge gym. A tree,” she said and looked up at a white envelope nooked into a gap in the bark. She stood on her tiptoes and stretched her arm out, trying to reach it. She felt the envelope but missed it. She swung her arms and stretched as far as she could. She brushed it just hard enough and the letter fluttered down through the air, eventually coming to a stop at the foot of the tree. She quickly opened it and saw three small pictures. A gate. A rubbish bin. An owl. “This has something to do with Mr Kliente’s assembly. Doesn’t it,” Felicia said. Steven just shrugged. She walked quickly to the teacher’s parking lot where their principal, Mr Kleinte supposedly saw an owl and looked in the big black dustbin, but it was completely empty. “Where’s that verbal clue?”

“Under where the ant’s crawl.”

“Ant’s crawl,” she said confused and he shrugged again, “Underground. Under something on the ground. Under the bin on the ground.” She lifted up the bin and to her surprise, the white envelope lay there, enclosed with a pink ribbon. Excited to finally see her surprise she untied the ribbon and read the letter. A medal or two for you, it said. “What,” she said, this clue didn’t make sense at all. John suddenly started to walk away, “Sorry Felicia. I have to take care of something. Just remember. Go where good art draws.”

She still didn’t understand, but she thought the art room was worth a try. She quickly ran into the school and dashed to the left. She walked as fast as she could towards the end of the corridor and eventually spied the big metal door. She opened it hurriedly and saw Mrs Patterson sorting through the week’s work. “Sorry to bother you, Mrs Patterson, but is there any chance you saw Steve Linton come here anytime in the last few days.”

“Not since your art lesson last Tuesday,” she said in a kind tone.

That’s disappointing," she said confused and asked hopefully, "Sorry to ask more of you, but do you know what this means? Go where good art draws.”

“Give me a second. Uhhh… You had to draw those pencils for me. They’re still up in the foyer.”

“Medals. The hall,” she muttered under her breath.

She quickly said, “Thank you for your help, Mrs Patterson,” and ran out the door. 

She checked her watch. 6 minutes till the start of the school day. She saw the foyer and started to slow down. She wondered if this was the right place. She saw the pencils, her own first in the row and stopped at the hall door. “Please be right,” she whispered and opened the door. The lights came on and she walked in. She saw Steven standing in the centre of the room, holding a bouquet in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other. She ran to him, resisting her instinct to hug him and shout “Yes!”. He looked at her in a way that made her feel special and loved, waiting patiently as that fantastical gaze strolled across her body. She remembered the first time she had felt that way. That day, oh so long ago, when she had felt his hand cross hers, that feeling of protection as he guided her to safety overwhelmed her senses. Making her feel like a princess of old carried out the castle. Safe and protected. Knowing now, that no dragon could hurt her. “Felicia,” he said and her eyes started to tear up, “Do you have time for a dinner next week Saturday?

“Yes, Steven, of course, I do,” she said and hugged him, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks. “I loved every second of it and I can’t wait to be your girlfriend.”

“Why don’t we start right now?”

“Ok,” she said, wiping her dripping tears away. Steven handed her a tissue and she dabbed her eyes clean. She felt the words “I love you” bottled in her throat, wanting to be let out, but it was too early for that. “Let’s be girlfriend and boyfriend,” she said and he pulled her in tightly.

You leave behind the catteries and skip along the dog walk, whistling as you go. The Grey Wolf foams at the mouth he’s so happy to see you and you try to froth a little for him. He howls. You howl. And after a while of being a little wolf pup, you give up. The wolf in his litterbox, you slink away. You decide it’s hot when you finally break into a sweat. You walk slowly, but quicker than before. Trying desperately to finish the loop before you run out of time. You stop only once in those last few minutes. You watch quickly outside the Sable enclosure as they swing their majestic horns through the sky and then you carry on.

He knocked on the neat light brown door and waited nervously. The familiar sparsely wrinkled face of Felicia’s dad passed into the doorway, “Hi there, Steve. Here for your date?”

“Yes,” he said excitedly and held the bouquet of pink and white roses next to him so Mr Hall could see. He eyed the cockatiel's empty cage in the living room and he guessed Mr Cracker was upstairs with Felicia. “Those look beautiful. I’m sure she’ll be thrilled.”

He rubbed his hands together and shivered. His spine tingling in a nervous sensation. Steven pulled down the arms of his black tailored suit. He checked his patent leather shoes and saw one of the laces had come undone. The outfit alone had cost him half a year of savings and he was sure the night might cost even more. “Is Felicia ready?”

“She’s still a little busy powdering her nose upstairs. Why don’t you come in so long?”

He came in and walked towards the living room. He escorted Felicia home every day even though he wouldn’t be much use against Steve Hofmeyr and by now he knew the layout of the house. Mrs Hall smiled, “Hello,” as she pointed to a seat next to her on the couch.

“Hi, Mrs Hall.”

“You look so handsome tonight, Steven,” she said and asked abruptly, “What do you think when I say I knew this was going to happen?”

He stared at her confused and she explained, “The first day you brought Felicia home I was upstairs and although it was innocent, I saw you holding her hand. And I saw how her eyes twinkled and your chest heaved as you did so. To me, it was obvious from that day, the first day I ever met you and the first day you ever met each other.”

“I hope you don’t mind if we hold hands tonight.”

“Oh. I hope you do more than that.” 

He sat down and thought for a moment how to reply, but just as the words imprinted on his tongue, a steady, feminine voice called from behind him, “You guys done talking yet?”

He turned around and suppressed a surprised gasp. She wore a red strapless gown that flowed down to her ankles, her face sparkled with a rare hint of makeup. “You look beautiful,” he said and checked his silver-plated watch, “We leave, we don’t want to miss our reservation.” 

"A reservation. How fancy."

He got up off the couch and said shyly, “Have a good evening, Mrs Hall.”

“Good luck you two. Just remember, home by 11 or I'm setting my husband on you.”

He opened the front door for Felicia and gave Mr Hall a firm handshake before closing the door behind him, calling back, "I promise." Steven looked at the moon for a moment and listened to the busy sounds of the night. “It’s a beautiful night, isn’t it?”

“It sure is,” she said, “Still remember where we’re going?”

“Where we went on our first date,” he said hopefully.

“I thought our first date was when you held my hand for the first time,” she said and her eyes twinkled.

“I wasn’t joking about that reservation. Let’s not miss it.” 

He opened the car door and she climbed into the passenger seat. He went around and got in the driver’s seat. He squeezed her hand delicately and kissed her lightly on the cheek. She hugged him, leaning her head on his lean, but broad shoulders, giving him a small peck on the lips as she pulled away slowly. He pulled out of the driveway, watching the rearview mirror carefully. His heart raced as the trees flashed by. He drove past the local petrol station and carefully look for an entrance to the restaurant's parking lot. He went around to open her door, sticking out his hand for her to grab. He locked the car and slid the keys back in his pocket, squeezing an arm around her waist. She leaned softly against him as they walked towards the restaurant. “Blue Moon Over Philippos! Seriously?”

“Of course, you love this place.”

She gave him another peck and he smiled back at her. Steven checked their reservation and they were herded to their table. The service was slow, but they had each other's company to keep them busy. And by the end of their dinner, their stomachs full of great food, they walked back to the car, lovingly holding each other. "So I guess that's it?"

“Come on, Felicia. It’s only 9 pm and I have another surprise for you. We’re going to the carnival!”

“Carnival?”

“Where the old zoo used to be. They have it for a month every year.”

“Can I first thank you for the dinner, Steve?”

“Don’t worry, Felicia. You being there was worth more than the stars in the sky.”

“I love you, Steven.”

“I love you too,” he said and Felicia kissed him. Her lips absorbed his in a loving frenzy. She whispered in his ear, “I love you so much.”

You finish the loop in the nick of time and run towards the cool, air-conditioned creepy-crawly house. Inside are a host of insects. You stare for many minutes at the butterfly box but come away dissatisfied, all the butterflies must be hidden away somewhere. The spider cage is full and squirming and you decide to go somewhere else. You see a weird-looking exhibit with tons of water. The dark black-ish blue worm is wriggling around in what space is not yet water. “Ca-ca-caeci-i-i-i,” you try to say the name on the information card, but you can't pronounce it properly. You try to memorize the word. Caecilian, you think and spell it out, “C-a-e-c-i-l-i-a-n.” And when you finally exit the creepy-crawly house. As the breath of fresh air parts from your lungs and you wave goodbye. You cry a little. And even if you don’t know anything else. You know one thing. You’ll always love going to the zoo.

Felicia heard something bang against the door. She carefully got up off the couch, trying not to make a noise. She slipped on a fluffy pair of bunny ear slippers and tiptoed to the door. Testing the wooden floor, making sure she didn’t step on a squeaky board. She heard the small whistling snores of her baby. Her heart pounded, her baby was in the house. There was another bang and she heard John whimper softly. “Shhh. Shhh. Mommy’s here. Mommy’s here.” She took another step towards the door and flicked open the peephole. She could see a man leaning against the palm tree, their hand searching for something on the ground. Drunk, she thought, Knockout drunk. She listened and watched making sure he didn’t come any closer. She heard the rattle of keys and watched sadly for the man as the keys popped out of hand, sliding somewhere out of his reach. “Dammit,” came the angered voice. And she recognized the voice. Steven. Steven’s back. Two days he’s gone and he comes back too drunk to stand. She tried to keep her mind away from her worries, tried to stay angry, but she couldn’t help herself. She was too hurt already. If he’s drunk then he’s angry. Then he’s really angry. She heard another bang and watched through the peephole as he pressed his body against the door. She saw his wedding ring squished far down on his little finger. You bastard. Drunk, disguising your marriage. Bastard. Damn you. But her heart rate increased even at the thought of those words. She was too hurt already. She heard the keys hit the keyhole and bounce off. Go. Go away. Come back once you’re not drunk. He tried again and she heard the key go in. One of his legs fell out from under him and he pulled on the door handle, but he couldn’t hold on and it snapped up loudly. She watched his forehead wrinkle as he concentrated on staying upright. She tiptoed quickly back to the couch and lay down quietly, worried he had noticed her. She turned over on her side and closed her eyes. Hoping he wouldn’t disturb her. She listened as the door opened and he dragged himself through. She heard a thud as he fell trying to pull himself up again and a rough scraping himself as he continued to drag himself across the floor. He carelessly pushed a chair out of his way, not caring that the noise could wake the baby and continued to crawl and stumble. Crawl. Stumble. Crawl. Stumble. Stumble. Crawl. The couch across the room made a soft plop as he pulled himself onto it. She could feel him staring at her, burning a hole in her back. “Whore,” he said and she clenched her eyes, “You stupid whore. Divorce. You thought divorce would scare me. We'll see what I say about that tomorrow.”

fantasies wrote a review...

hi once again! this felt different to the prologue and the first chapter. a nice change. the perspective is rather interesting, considering the perspective in the prologue.
the time change was confusing a little bit, but once i reread it i understood. these characters are captivating to me, i can’t wait to see their involvement with the story present time. :)
and John…i guess that is part of the involvement? his parents? that John?
i enjoy this story so far. good job!

NewHope says...

Thank you for the review Paige

Yes... this chapter is about the progression of John's parent's relationship. How it went from sweet to sour. The baby John is obviously John our main character. I think I have introduced his parents already in the first chapter... though they have a little bit more effect later on. (I found about three or four chapters just sitting around that I had already written so I need to transcribe those...)

Lehmanf

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:45 am
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...

Hey! Forever here with a short review!!

This was relatively a calm and cool chapter. I really liked the use of present tense to denote whatever is happening in the present (At least I guess it is happening in the present because I was a bit confused about it) and italics to indicate the past events.

There's one thing which stood out a bit to me. The continuity of the italics part. Like you see, there were two time skips. The first one was from their first meet to the scavenger hunt and the second one was from that to a time after their marriage. The second one was predictable and understandable, perhaps because of the first one. When we read the second one we have already understood that we can get a scene change after a normal writing but the first one was a bit difficult for me to understand. Could you add one line which indicates a scene change like time passed or something? Maybe it's just me, who knows.

It was really good to see the romance between Felicia and Steven and how it evolved and took a turn. This acted more as a backstory here rather than a present addition. I really liked reading that. It made me wonder about what what affected their relationship. Like why did Steven suddenly start drinking? There are a lot of people who drink to cope with stress and all other negative elements of life. I guess he was one of them. I am not sure about what this negative element actually was. Death of the family members or something? Perhaps, we will see this.

Another thing which I noticed is I was getting confused about who the speaker was sometimes. You did mention the speaker sometimes and then I had go back in that sequence and check who the speaker was. It's better to involve it more often.

Okay, taking the previous chapter into account, I think wll the disputes between Steven and Felicia have come to an end or maybe at least they have lightened a bit. In the last chapter, it didn't seem to me that they have some sorts of dispute between them. I don't know if they were trying to hide it from John though, I hope not.

Keep Writing!!

~Forever

Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:25 pm

Hi lehmanf,

At first glance, it's a very relaxed chapter with some small highlights that wake the reader up. I like that, especially because we are still so early in the story. At least in my eyes we are still at a point where we will get to know the characters a little better.

So, on a positive note, I noticed that you used a good narrative voice in this chapter, especially the beginning and the end stood out and brought the reader in with a good intro and out with the outro. I am very pleased that you did it with a very neutral voice.

I also noticed that I liked the dialogue. They are to the point and direct, almost like a kind of battle. But I also think that you should insert who is talking a bit more often. Even if it's just a dialogue between two characters, it's a bit confusing and you quickly lose track of what's going on. I think if you put "Said X" or "Explained Y" every four or five paragraphs, it would help the reader a lot.

Another thing I noticed, but more in terms of structure, was your last paragraph. It was a bit too big and overwhelming, especially for the end, where you want to bring the tension to a point and then beat the reader to death with this "mountain".
Some other points I noticed while reading:

No want to fight, no need to fight.

I´m not sure if that´s just me, but that “no want to fight” sounds a bit wrong in my ears (and my eyes) so I´m not sure what I´m writing now, but I would rewrite it to “No desire to fight”. It sounds better in the context, especially with the second half “no need to fight”.

He squeaked in painful surprise. “Faggot,”

If you have swear words in the story, I would recommend marking it accordingly when you open the story (and maybe giving it an age rating of 12 or so) so that it doesn't come as a sudden surprise to readers who don't want that sort of thing.

In summary, an interesting chapter where I was particularly taken in by the beginning.

NewHope says...

Thank you for the valuable advice, Namedy. I wonder if there is a glitch because all the chapters you have so far told me to add an age rating to already have an age rating. Have a nice day, Lehmanf!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:53 am
VengefulReaper wrote a review...

Hi, Just leaving a quick review.

Firstly, the idea to intertwine the trip to the zoo and the first day of school was quite brilliant. It fits perfectly and you leave it vague for just long enough. The day at school was well written and I didn't pick up any errors.

Steven and Felicia's relationship went real quick but the scavenger hunt was a pretty creative way to ask someone out (I might use that one as I am a man of riddles myself). I understand wanting to sort of compress the rosy part of the relationship once I read the flash-forward to where it all fell apart. I have never been a person to catch on to figurative language so if there is any correlation between the zoo and the school day, I didn't pick it up.

As far as structure goes, maybe split your last paragraph in two. Maybe at "Steven, Steven is back" just so you don't make it too long. But that's just a nitpick. The last paragraph definitely gives off horror vibes with Steven being the "monster in the closet".

So Steve and John are brothers? The same surname so I guess so. It's good you brought back John in your last paragraph even if it is just a mention. It helps this chapter feel connected to the previous one even though it can stand alone as a mini-story to be fair. I assume you're doing this type of thing for all your main characters (1 chapter dedicated to their intro)? I'm looking forward to the rest.

P.S. A happy coincidence. my book has characters called Steve and John too xD

As always, thanks for the read, and hope this helps. I enjoyed this chapter more than the last. No major complaints from my side.
Keep well,
Reaper.

NewHope says...

Hello again, Reaper,

The effect was to keep it vague as the zoo is very important in the book.

The way I set the chapter was not to tell the whole relationship but to slip between important memories. There isn't really a correlation that I planned so I wouldn't go looking for it.

Most of the paragraphs are relatively short so I'll slip it most definitely. That vibe isn't even close to the real horror of this book, starting around Chapter 5/6.

Actually, reread the fight in the first chapter. You'll see his parents mention each other by their names, Steven and Felicia. The baby that is mentioned in that flashback (Which the italics are for, Stephen King does the same thing to indicate in It.) is John, Steven being his father. I'm actually not really doing that, the third chapter is the dance. At first, the chapters are mainly a few weeks apart. Only a few are excluded from this i.e. This chapter etc. As you get closer to the end they become closer together as there is more interesting stuff to write in a shorter time.

P.S. I read your first chapter. I'd love to see you write a prologue from some military base, no need to include your characters, for the start of the war. And I try to keep your story connected. Even if maybe instead of saying later as a heading you say, "He hurriedly ate a tasty meal of white bread, before rushing his guard uniform on. He shrugged his jacket on and headed out to work the night shift at the Alliance warehouse." Now it flows and you no longer break the concentration of the reader. To quote: Steve smiles and says, "Now, now my son..." All of a sudden he's calling his dad by his first name? You asked about description, you really want to describe what you see, hear and smell. Take a car. The smell of burnt petrol irritated and he looked up just in time to see the blue car as it roared down the highway. Its engine screaming in protest. Take a sentence from Chapter 1: "Not tonight, Steve. I need double pay for rent this month. I'm guarding a new place today. It's just about 2 blocks from the house" says Ethan with a gentle smile on his face. Ethan takes his bag out of the boot of Steve's car and heads towards his apartment. He checks the time on his watch.
My version (With description): "Not tonight, Steve. I need double pay for rent this month. I'm guarding a new place today. It's downtown on Seventh street, only about 2 blocks from the house," Ethan says with a gentle smile on his face. Ethan takes his big camo bag out of the boot of Steve's silver Ford and heads towards his tiny apartment. He checks the time on his navy blue watch as he walks quickly up the black iron stairwell.
Lastly, the way you are writing this, the point of view is rather difficult. If you're struggling with description then you have one less problem. The change doesn't have to be drastic. It can be as small as changing Ethan says to Ethan said. Remember to only use what you find helpful.

I'm extremely happy you enjoyed the chapter and I thank you for your valuable feedback.

Thank you,
Frances

Thanks, I'll have a look at it again. I was thinking about doing a small prologue for the start of the war. Though the war itself isn't particularly relevant to the story aside from the fact that it just happened and the world is recovering from it. So, I scrapped the idea of a prologue to the war and instead just began with setting it after the war.

NewHope says...

I know what you mean but think about it this way. A prologue doesn't always have to have anything to do with the book. In a horror it could be someone getting killed by the monster, just a random person, that being their only mention. I'd love some context, the war's done. You could also do a prologue of rejoice. What were the sides? Who won? Was the world half destroyed by nuclear weapons? Just give it another thought. I promise you the worst thing that could happen because you write is scrapping if it doesn't work out, but I feel it is needed for context.

I'll give it a shot. thanks

NewHope says...

Good luck!

Oh, by the way, a new chapter is up. Not the prologue, I am not writing currently, just uploading what I have. Vac Work can be a pain...

NewHope says...

I'll read it as soon as I can. Hopefully, you'll have the time soon.

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
— Nelson Mandela